Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

21 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Not sure if there's a more random thought than "I could conceivably end up working for Roquan Smith and Deandre Hopkins" but I guess it's possible now that the most confusing group of investors have Voltron'd together to buy a sailing team:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0PGhRls6-e/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=NTYzOWQzNmJjMA==

I keep forgetting you have an awesome job.  Kudos.  

You go out on lake in winter at all?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I keep forgetting you have an awesome job.  Kudos.  

You go out on lake in winter at all?

Not sure it's technically winter but I was out windsurfing today. Forgot a harness, which is fairly critical for going fast or in control so instead I practiced my waterstarts (where the sail lifts you out of the water and up onto the board) from a bunch of different directions, which I've gotten rusty at.   Absolute brutal practice to do more than one or two, and doubly so when there's ice in the water but actually kinda fun.  I did 43 of them and got 1 perfect, and then a kindly gentleman from Gary IN asked me a few questions and offered me a blunt. I feel like if you're doing weird looking stuff people are way more inclined to talk to you.  We chatted while I took my gear apart and he made a smoke cloud last seen drifting towards Michigan.  Nice guy, did not try the blunt.

The likely very quiet partner with Roquan is a Chicago big B who is really into sailing, nice enough guy but I am just struggling to see him sitting down with Deandre Hopkins and just hanging out.  It seems like a really weird consortium of athletes who are probably putting up money and adding in-kind value with their names but still super strange to me although I am not super into sports marketing, which is a bizarre world.  I'm fairly (happily) stuck in town since I had children but had worked with a bunch of the people involved in the days when I wanted to travel and be with the cool kids, so am genuinely curious to see how this plays out.  I feel like the sponsorship money in fringe sports is very speculative so hoping this doesn't implode.  For what it's worth Tyson Bagent had a party at the yacht club downtown a while back and the bartender there says he's cool and completely switched from being a Fields guy based on that, so I guess this post has come full cricle to being relevant. Ish. 

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

• LT: Braxton Jones
• LG: Teven Jenkins
• RG: Nate Davis
• RT: Darnell Wright

This is best foundation for a Chicago oline in many years.  Props to Poles where it is due.  

My advise.  Keep drafting athletic OTs.  Keep best ones outside.  Kick the others inside.  Keep a pipeline going. Things change in a hurry.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

My advise.  Keep drafting athletic OTs.  Keep best ones outside.  Kick the others inside.  Keep a pipeline going. Things change in a hurry.  

pepper-brooks-jason-bateman.gif

I remember arguing on here that you should draft an OL pretty much every year in the top 4 rounds and I still stand by that. You're going to have ha;f the guys bust/fail, so stock the **** up in the trenches.

Also you don't want to have a crippling issue on the OL because you have no one to be a quality swing tackle either. If you have all OTs around the OL at worst you can have someone kick out and move someone else up inside.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...