Better Player: Kevin Durant V Stephen Curry

mdonnelly21

30 members have voted

1. 1. Better Player

• Stephen Curry
    • Kevin Durant

11 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Hard to argue Durant isn't the better player but Curry is more valuable. 

This. In a vacuum Durant is the better player because he's monster on both ends. Curry is more important to the Warriors and would be more valuable to more teams.

2 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Best shooter ever gets the nod for me, but barely. 

Durant's gotta be way up there too right lol?

I guess KD is better for me, but yeah Steph is more valuable to the Warriors.

KD out here faking being a tough guy because he's insecure about no one liking him anymore or what? idk. Giving KD the number one player spot over Bron when he isn't the MVP on his own team, though? Couldn't be me 

15 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Durant's gotta be way up there too right lol?

I guess KD is better for me, but yeah Steph is more valuable to the Warriors.

KD out here faking being a tough guy because he's insecure about no one liking him anymore or what? idk. Giving KD the number one player spot over Bron when he isn't the MVP on his own team, though? Couldn't be me 

Sure, KD is up there too. KD can have an MVP season this year even if the best shooter ever continues to be the best shooter ever. Especially if curry misses 20+ games this year injured. The attention Curry gets is like nothing i've ever seen before so he'll always be held in high regard by me as long as he still gets it. 

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

how?  warriors were title contenders even without Durant.  Durant is the better player but draymond and curry are more valuable to the team's success.

If you're just talking about the past few years total sure.  But since KD has joined the team he's been more valuable. Don't forget KD's OKC nearly took down the winningest team ever with a weaker cast. 

Curry deserves alot of credit for GSW's rise but the overall quality and fit of the players and the system played a giant role. As an individual player I think KD is more valuable because he's more impactful in more ways and even harder to contain.

Just now, amac said:

If you're just talking about the past few years total, but since KD has joined the team he's been more valuable. Don't forget KD's OKC nearly took down the winningest team ever with a weaker cast.

why do you think KD is hated?  Warriors didn't "need" him to be title contenders.  If Curry and/or Draymond were out for the rest of the NBA season Warriors would be affected more if KD was out the remainder of the season.

35 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

why do you think KD is hated?  Warriors didn't "need" him to be title contenders.  If Curry and/or Draymond were out for the rest of the NBA season Warriors would be affected more if KD was out the remainder of the season.

edit- nvm I see what you meant. Just because they were contenders before KD doesn't mean he isn't a more valuable player. By that line of reasoning they could add peak Michael Jordan and Lebron but they wouldn't be as valuable as Curry/Draymond because the Warriors didn't need them to contend.

You can argue GSW has a better backup to fill in for KD than for Curry but that's a different debate. KD is more impactful overall player imo

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

I never understood this line of thought at all.

1.  Point guards are the easiest position in the NBA to find.

2.  KD isn't just a wing, he's a wing who can play and guard all five positions.

3.  Curry is mediocre guarding point guards and has no chance against any other positions.

4.  KD is a better scorer than Curry and able to score on anyone in the NBA, in any situation.

Sure Curry is better off the dribble than KD probably and a better ball handler, but Durant is so much better at everything else, plays a more important position, and is able to do so much more I don't understand how Curry is more valuable in any way except potential economical parts of running a franchise.  If I were to start a franchise or had to have one of them retire and I'm the Warriors I'm running with KD without a seconds thought.

That's cool and all but look up any stat regarding the two and it will point to Curry be significantly more impactful to the Warriors than Durant.

56 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That's cool and all but look up any stat regarding the two and it will point to Curry be significantly more impactful to the Warriors than Durant.

I know Golden State's offensive rating is 116. with Curry and without Durant while it's 107 with Durant and without Curry this season.  Last year it was 115.4 and 108.7.

What's the difference in defensive rating?  I don't know how to look up those numbers.  Got those offensive numbers from Zach Lowe's article yesterday.

Archived