Better Player: Kevin Durant V Stephen Curry

mdonnelly21

30 members have voted

1. 1. Better Player

• Stephen Curry
    • Kevin Durant

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Yea, that's why I mentioned regular season purposes. That team needed to be firing on all cylinders to beat the Spurs, and they never got Westbrook fully integrated back and struggled for a bit when he returned IIRC.

They just ran into a buzz saw in the Spurs, but they played them even with Ibaka. The major problem was Ibaka got hurt in the prior series against the Clippers and the Spurs jumped out to a 2-0 lead. But I think the Spurs were better regardless, even if it was slightly and they would have won either way. Though the one time the big three for the Thunder were all healthy throughout the playoffs, they beat the Spurs in six in 2016 and had a 3-1 lead on the Warriors. That team takes a back seat to no one and could go heads up with anyone. Just took Klay going berserk and KD/Westbrook playing terrible down the stretch in game 6.  

42 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Was that without Green (and Livingston fwiw) too though?

Didn't the Warriors start out horrible losing like 3 of 7 before righting the ship without Durant too?

No, but it also wasn't against 3 of the worst teams in the NBA and 2 middle of the pack teams.

They started poorly, then went on a dominant 13 game winning streak.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you can use team record or stats when Durant or Curry has missed him.  The team is great, even when one of those two miss any games.  For me, I'm not even factoring any of that stuff in.  Durant is the better overall player of the two.

21 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Warriors have been sooo much better on defense since Curry went out.

Their offense has also been sooo much worse.

Offensive rating before Curry injury: 114.6
Offensive rating after Curry injury: 105.9

Defensive rating before Curry injury: 101.7
Defensive rating after Curry Injury: 98.7

Archived