**RUMOR** - Dean Pees Retiring After Season?

Go_Ravens2

4 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

I think it's pretty telling that Jefferson who was a great player for Arizona now doesn't "fit our scheme", the same way Darian Stewart didn't fit our scheme and is now balling out in Denver. I think our scheme needs to change if that is what happens

Well you either change your scheme to allow players to be more flexible and play to their strengths, or you stop bringing in players who don't fit your scheme, and start drafting/acquiring players who do. 

I just don't understand the usage and the complete falloff of Tony Jefferson. He doesn't look good in the box, he doesn't look deep, he doesn't look tackling, he doesn't look covering. He just doesn't look good/comfortable at all. It's a clear sign that he's not comfortable in his role.

58 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I rest my case, DB.

So you apply nothing to back up your case other than a defense that had a poor performance? Somehow I think if I argued points with the same strategy, I could easily win as well. I would simply point to how Rex Ryan allowed offenses to score 40 points on his defenses. How he always allowed Corey Ivy and Frank Walker to constantly get abused without adjusting. I would also point out how on that 00’ Ravens super bowl winning defense, week 2 against the Jacksonville Jaguars they gave up 36 points!! Horrible performance! That defensive coordinator deserves to be fired.

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So you apply nothing to back up your case other than a defense that had a poor performance? Somehow I think if I argued points with the same strategy, I could easily win as well. I would simply point to how Rex Ryan allowed offenses to score 40 points on his defenses. How he always allowed Corey Ivy and Frank Walker to constantly get abused without adjusting. I would also point out how on that 00’ Ravens super bowl winning defense, week 2 against the Jacksonville Jaguars they gave up 36 points!! Horrible performance! That defensive coordinator deserves to be fired.

It's been the same story every year though, ever since Pagano left. Even when we won the SB in 2012 our defense was crap. It's now been 5+ years and after all that we have invested into the defense dean pees still cannot get it done.

55 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

It's almost like this formula has been routinely happening since Pees arrived here, though. This wasn't just some poor performance, this ROUTINELY happens.

Listening to the Ken McKusick podcast, and he talks about how the oline was furious with MM's playcalling in the final drives against the Steelers.

Wondering how much of it is in the heat of the moment, or a general feeling amongst the offense?

Despite two good games, the offense has been atrocious in 80 percent of the games, not just bad but disgustingly bad, and MM should not be considered a lock to be an OC next year baring another Flacco balls out Superb Owl run.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

Listening to the Ken McKusick podcast, and he talks about how the oline was furious with MM's playcalling in the final drives against the Steelers.

Wondering how much of it is in the heat of the moment, or a general feeling amongst the offense?

Despite two good games, the offense has been atrocious in 80 percent of the games, not just bad but disgustingly bad, and MM should not be considered a lock to be an OC next year baring another Flacco balls out Superb Owl run.

Will Harbaugh still be the head coach? If so, it is indeed a lock. These past two games are enough of an excuse for him to justify bringing Mornhinweg back.

44 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Will Harbaugh still be the head coach? If so, it is indeed a lock. These past two games are enough of an excuse for him to justify bringing Mornhinweg back.

Unfortunately, I think the same will be said for Pees, except the opposite.

"Sure, we our defense basically cost us the season down the stretch but we had 3 shutouts and played great against backup QB's!"

Archived