Secondary

CAPJ

What roles do you want to see each player play for the remainder of the season? 

I have Chidobe, Byron Jones and Lewis as the CBs with Woods and Frazior at Safety. After heavily investing in the secondary over the past few years, we should see what the young guys are made of.

One concern was the lack of snaps Lewis played last week. He has been great in some games and average in others, but not worth benching.

Thoughts?

No matter how much we invest in a young secondary, it will all be for nothing if we do not get a solid DT or two. Everyone believes the edge rushers are the answer to a solid pass rush. We have been ignoring DT for centuries when it comes to drafting in the higher rounds. Which really boggles the mind considering we didn't begin to have success on offense until we drafted O line first round 3 out of 4 years. 

Edge rushers are important, but if we cannot stop the run and, with the same players, collapse the middle of the pocket thus flushing the opposing QB into our edge rushers, we will constantly be leaving our secondary twisting in the wind.

So, let's see what they got, but my guess is they will be exposed when we face a solid QB with a decent O line.

15 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

LCB - Cheeto - Brown
FS - Woods - 
SS - Frazier - Heath
RCB - Lewis - Scan
NB - Jones

That wouldn't be a bad lineup. Would like to see us bring in some guys via the draft/FA though.

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Guessing Dallas will have to. Scan is most likely gone. Think Brown/Jones/Heath are all on the bubble. 

I would move on from Heath. Yeah, he stepped it up - but he is what he is. Brown I'm indifferent on. I still think a different coaching staff could get more from Jones. Claiborne, Church and Carr all had better seasons than just about anything they did here in Dallas with different coaches this season. 

9 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I would move on from Heath. Yeah, he stepped it up - but he is what he is. Brown I'm indifferent on. I still think a different coaching staff could get more from Jones. Claiborne, Church and Carr all had better seasons than just about anything they did here in Dallas with different coaches this season. 

yeah, should have mentioned defensive coaching staff in my on the bubble mentions.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Thats 1. And he has been suspended and injured. We need 1 more stud DT ala Maryland.

I think Irving and Collins are just fine. I wouldn't be against adding another good DT to the mix though. 

I think we are playing our entire line out of position. I think we should make Lawrence the primary RDE, move Irving to LDE, Collins back to the 3T, and bring in a 1T. Vea, as Plan mentioned earlier would be a solid fit, or Bennie Logan in free agency.

As for the secondary, I'd like to see Byron back at CB. He just doesn't have the physicality to be a safety. I like Woods at SS with Frazier as the 3rd safety. I'd like to see a veteran FS come in to help out all of the young guys if Scandrick is cut.

Archived