Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

BroncoSojia

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Haslam is worse than herpes.

I take back all the hope I had for the Browns if this signals a change in philosophy that lets Haslem have more direct input.  

As I understood it Brown and FO blocked the crazy idea that AJ McCarron was worth 2.1.   They fired the wrong guy.  All the hope for rebuilding was built on the premise the FO could keep Haslem from interfering.  

I feel awful for the Browns fans here.   

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oh, I'm ALL for that. 

I'd be concerned that we'd pass on yet ANOTHER Franchise QB with the #1/#2 pick. Eli would be a great bridge guy.

I doubt you pass on a QB for ancient Eli.

3 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Rumors are that they are looking at John Dorsey. Maybe they fired Brown now because they didn't want the Giants to get a head start on them in the GM search.

That would be a great hire, but would Dorsey want to deal with that disfunction?

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

When someone finally turns around the Browns I'd love to see the list since 1999 of people in charge/in power that failed to get the job done.

The crazy part is with 100M cap space 1.1 HOU 1st 3 2nds and 3 3rds in place CLE had Cousins in sign/trade or Darnold/Rosen.   Wentz trade got them 7 starters and HOU 1st / Phi 2nd in 2018.   You can argue Watson instead of Hou 2018 1st and Peppers better for sure.

But GM Brown had the plan and timeline right.  Their draft picks under him (besides Watson pass) have been hits for the most part far better than what CLE old regimes did.  I’d be terrified of Haslem going back to the ideas that let them trade for Trent Richardson and pick Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert.  

Feel so bad for Browns fans unless they let rest of FO continue plan GM Brown started and he’s just the PR fall guy.   More personnel and actual football input from the owner is always a disaster.  

If the plan is for Dorsey and Brown is just the PR fall guy - great for CLE.  If it’s a move from the blueprint Brown created - awful.  

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I doubt you pass on a QB for ancient Eli.

Or pass on a QB that we spent $100,000 on an analytic study for in favor of taking advice from a homeless guy?

Or passing on 2 Franchise QB's in the last 2 drafts in order to trade back?

Yeah, something like that would never happen here.

That would be a great hire, but would Dorsey want to deal with that disfunction?

2 high 1st rounders and 3 second rounders this year, for starters. It's a GM's dream draft situation, not to mention the $100 million in cap room. That will blind a lot of people.

Hey could you Tennesssee people do me a huge favor?!?  Next time Haslam is down there could you please keep him down there and away from us northerners?  Tell him you have a great idea about rebates he hasn’t thought about that the government would endorse. :/

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

When someone finally turns around the Browns I'd love to see the list since 1999 of people in charge/in power that failed to get the job done.

My god that is a loooooooooooooooooong list

This video does a good job covering all of the people and events up until 2012.

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Fired passing on Wentz and Watson, but to be honest the drafts haven't been as bad as people suggest, but you just can't pass on Franchise QBs

Eh they make little sense, last year you had 2 highly graded pass rushers and the best CB draft and they opted for a defensive player with no position and a raw tight end. Peppers and Njoku were guys you add to a contending team not one that is in a total rebuild. They could've walked away with Takk or Watt and a CB like King, White or Jones. Then there is the obvious bad evaluation on the franchise QBs in 2016.

This draft is going to be huge for the Browns, they better end up with the QB they're hitching their wagon to. They'll also have another top 10 pick most likely, hopefully they get the right guys in there.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Or pass on a QB that we spent $100,000 on an analytic study for in favor of taking advice from a homeless guy?

Or passing on 2 Franchise QB's in the last 2 drafts in order to trade back?

Yeah, something like that would never happen here.

2 high 1st rounders and 3 second rounders this year, for starters. It's a GM's dream draft situation. That will blind a lot of people.

Yea but you still have to work for Haslam.

Archived