Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

BroncoSojia

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Common sense?    Cousins via trade / Rosen-Darnold with 1.1 way better options.  

Ironic that Brown’s last move before getting fired might have been the most important in saving the franchise.  

Haven't the Browns already shown their hand at QB? Why would they draft a QB if they were willing to give up a lot to get one they can still get at the end of the year? I don't think they'd trade for Cousins for the same reason (and it would cost much more).

1 minute ago, Kparty15 said:

I think Hugh Jackson is a good coach and didn’t think Sashi deserved to be fired.  The Browns franchise was in such disarray that it just takes time to fix.  Yeah they passed on a few good QBs in the draft, but it was for the greater good of the franchise.  It’s the same way that the Vikings were able to build up their stacked roster.

It will be interesting to see who they decide to add to the front office this offseason John Dorsey, Jerry Reese, Peyton Manning.  I liked Sashi, but there are some good names to replace him with.

Latest rumor is Dorsey and Manning. 

Rumor has it Manning has purchased property in  Bratenahl close to the Haslams. 

No not the same one Cowher purchased silly. 

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. One of the clues that say hue won the power struggle. Sashi did the absolute right thing and got fired for it. 

Hue also made that stupid *** trade for Carson Palmer right when Al Davis died. Homie thought he could come in DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON after sitting on the couch and save the Raiders at QB. Sorry, after that Hue should have been done as far as having any input other than coaching. 

7 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Haven't the Browns already shown their hand at QB? Why would they draft a QB if they were willing to give up a lot to get one they can still get at the end of the year? I don't think they'd trade for Cousins for the same reason (and it would cost much more).

Kizer was their 5th pick.  If he isn’t the answer and he isn’t they move on.  They correctly wanted Garrett at 1.1 and were willing to wait until now to get their QB.   Kizer works great they are a year ahead - he doesn’t they use him as a backup.   Kizer isn’t going to stop them from either pursuing Cousins with 100M cap space and Hou’s 1st    FYI Cle offered 2.1 and 1.12 last year for Cousins so there is clear history here.  Even then if it doesn’t work Darnold / Rosen work out fine at 1.1.   Kizer was never going to prevent them from going this route if he failed - classic luxury flier pick.  

Ironic to fire the GM before his plan about to pay off but that’s Haslem for you.   At least a Dorsey hire would ensure someone who knows what they are doing is in charge.  It’s certainly not Haslem his interference got CLE in the mess GM Brown had to dig them out for 2 years.  

17 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

His accuracy is a trend. He isn’t going to improve on that. 

I’ve watched every snap that Kizer Has played this season and I completely disagree with you.  You have seperate what is an accuracy issue with what is rookies mental mistakes or the QB not being on the same page with 3rd strong WRs that are in because of injuries.  My point is that there are a lot more factors at play there rather than him just being an inaccurate QB.  Yeah he’s made some bad passes, but he has also made some extremely good passes.  Peyton Manning three more INTs than he did TDS as a rookie too and he had Marvin Harrison.  Kizer hasn’t had any WRs all year until last week.  Give him time.  DeShone Kizer CAN be a franchise QB.

1 minute ago, Kparty15 said:

I’ve watched every snap that Kizer Has played this season and I completely disagree with you.  You have seperate what is an accuracy issue with what is rookies mental mistakes or the QB not being on the same page with 3rd strong WRs that are in because of injuries.  My point is that there are a lot more factors at play there rather than him just being an inaccurate QB.  Yeah he’s made some bad passes, but he has also made some extremely good passes.  Peyton Manning three more INTs than he did TDS as a rookie too and he had Marvin Harrison.  Kizer hasn’t had any WRs all year until last week.  Give him time.  DeShone Kizer CAN be a franchise QB.

Disagree. Go back and watch him at Notre Dame. Had the same exact accuracy issues. Also bird dogs a receiver and doesn’t process what he sees quick enough. I’ve seen all 22 plays of him that tell that story. WRs are getting open and he often goes to a wrong read. 

Archived