Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

BroncoSojia

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

How could they do this?

After all he's done

Usually someone with his track record gets more time

Lastly, I think he made some great trades.

Come on man, Webby himself has warned you about this. 

52 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Kizer was their 5th pick.  If he isn’t the answer and he isn’t they move on.  They correctly wanted Garrett at 1.1 and were willing to wait until now to get their QB.   Kizer works great they are a year ahead - he doesn’t they use him as a backup.   Kizer isn’t going to stop them from either pursuing Cousins with 100M cap space and Hou’s 1st    FYI Cle offered 2.1 and 1.12 last year for Cousins so there is clear history here.  Even then if it doesn’t work Darnold / Rosen work out fine at 1.1.   Kizer was never going to prevent them from going this route if he failed - classic luxury flier pick.  

I wasn't talking about Kizer, I was talking about McCarron. What is stopping them from getting McCarron for the same deal that fell throw before the deadline?

20 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I wasn't talking about Kizer, I was talking about McCarron. What is stopping them from getting McCarron for the same deal that fell throw before the deadline?

Because McCarron was the only choice then. Which a sane GM passes on given their choices they have now.   This offseason he’s the bottom of a boat load of options CLE has.  Now if they do that then all hope is lost.  But if they are going to get a GM like Dorsey they aren’t making that move without his approval.  Which he or anyone with a pulse will take over Darnold / Rosen 1.1 or the Cousins route (which they already pursued in 2016 but WAS declined - difference being WAS knows this is the last year to make any deal before he goes). 

I’ll say it again - Sashi Brown saved the Browns from a horrible mistake out of impatience because the 49ers got Garrapolo that day.  McCarron isn’t even close.   A sane GM will thank Brown privately and make the no brainer call.   Haslem I won’t ever rule out from doing the brain dead move - Brown saved him and Hue there lol. 

Haslam better have a good GM in mind to replace Sashi. Sashi wasn't perfect but I think he's done more good things than bad things. Whoever is the next GM will have a ton of assets to work with thanks to Sashi. Haslam just better not give Hue full control if Hue definitely does come back next season.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Because McCarron was the only choice then. Which a sane GM passes on given their choices.   This offseason he’s the bottom of a boat load of options CLE has.  Now if they do that then all hope is lost.  But if they are going to get a GM like Dorsey they aren’t making that move without his approval.  Which he or anyone with a pulse will take over Darnold / Rosen 1.1 or the Cousins route (which they already pursued in 2016 but WAS declined - difference being WAS knows this is the last year to make any deal before he goes). 

I’ll say it again - Sashi Brown saved the Browns from a horrible mistake out of impatience because the 49ers got Garrapolo that day.  McCarron isn’t even close.   A sane GM will thank Brown privately and make the no brainer call.   Haslem I won’t ever rule out from doing the brain dead move - Brown saved him and Hue there lol. 

Yep and subsequently got fired for it. Hue and Dee sitting in a tree...

Be Jimmy.

Have Money.

Buy Nice Things.

Football Is Nice.

Buy Football Team.

Football Team Not Good.

That's Okay.

I'm Good.

I'm Rich.

Make Decisions For Team.

Homeless Man Tells Jimmy To Draft Manziel.

Draft Manziel. 

Manziel No Good. 

That's Okay. 

I'm Good. 

I'm Rich.

Buy Smart Money Man And Coach for Team.

Smart Money Man Tell Jimmy Good Outcomes Take Time. 

Jimmy Says Okay. 

Jimmy Waits 2 Years (and commits more fraud to get more rich)

Team Is Still Bad. 

Coach Is Statistically Worst Coach Ever. 

Jimmy Wants Win. 

Homeless Man Tell Jimmy To Axe Smart Money Man.

Jimmy Axes Smart Money Man. 

Mfw.....jimmy-halsman-laughing.gif?w=1000

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Fired passing on Wentz and Watson, but to be honest the drafts haven't been as bad as people suggest, but you just can't pass on Franchise QBs

Who was rooting for Wentz or Watson in March 2016 and 2017 ? Okay it was his job to evaluate and not our but...And as you wrote his drafts weren't bad and theres still more to come with those 5 picks in the first two rounds.

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Because McCarron was the only choice then. Which a sane GM passes on given their choices they have now.   This offseason he’s the bottom of a boat load of options CLE has.  Now if they do that then all hope is lost.  But if they are going to get a GM like Dorsey they aren’t making that move without his approval.  Which he or anyone with a pulse will take over Darnold / Rosen 1.1 or the Cousins route (which they already pursued in 2016 but WAS declined - difference being WAS knows this is the last year to make any deal before he goes). 

I don't think trading for McCarron was out of desperation. For what they offered, they really wanted him. Further, if they like the QBs in the draft more than McCarron like you intimate, they wouldn't have tried to trade for McCarron.

Archived