Sashi fired

sdrawkcab321

10 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

That's not an absurd success rate.  There's a couple of guys that are good.  There's a ton of guys we have been forced to play a lot because they competed with nobody for their respective roles and have been awful.  I give him credit for Ogbah, Kindred, Garrett, and Ogunjobi.  The jury is out on everybody else.

So the jury is still out on Jamie Collins, Zeitler, Tretter, J.Schobert, S.Coleman, McCourty,using a 6th on a high upside guy in Brantley and not using a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron? Look, we fired him because of his decision not to select a franchise QB when he had an opportunity to, lets be clear, Sashi also has done a lot of savvy things to put us in good position moving forward.

Conversely, I am stoked that we have a meathead who values film, and the eye test, a guy who knows how to watch film and knows what to look FOR is worth his weight in gold. The key is the sweet spot in between film/evaluation and metrics

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/04/30/patriots-draft-9-players-make-3-trades-at-2016-nfl-draft/

man this 2016 patriots draft looks like a killer
http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/18570/2016-pittsburgh-steelers-draft-picks-analysis-for-every-selection
2016 steelers really outdid us by a BUNCH

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Top-Question-For-Each-2016-Ravens-Draft-Pick/beb2c1f4-e0f9-4997-8b7e-b857f843982a
2016 ravens really out did us too

(i bet you ravens/pats/steelers fans will come in here and say their 3-5 rounds picks show promise and are actuatlly good kind of like we have to do for shon coleman and joe schobert and derrick kindred)

How many of those guys we drafted get significant playing time on the Steelers/Patriots?  Why would I believe that just because they play for the Browns that they'd be better than somebody the Steelers/Patriots would cut?

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

How many of those guys we drafted get significant playing time on the Steelers/Patriots? 

Garrett, Schobert (now with Shazier and Hightower hurt), Ogbah and Njoku for sure (2nd TE in New England, and Pitt wanted him THIS YEAR). Plus, who knows how they'd utilize Peppers (NOTE: it won't be 35 yards pre-snap from the LOS).

12 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

In 2 drafts, the only impact player we drafted is Garrett and that had little to do with his talent for appraising prospects. It was strictly a no brainer!

Emmanuel Ogbah has made a huge impact in the run game and does a very nice job finishing off sacks when pressure is created by someone else. Obviously you like guys who create on there own a little more and that is why Ogbah fell to #33 but being able to clean up the mess is a very underrated skill one that even sees talented pass rushers out of the NFL early because they cannot do it.

Trevon Coley, Larry Ogunjobi and even Caleb Brantley have proven on more than one occasion they have the ability to be impact DTs. They haven't made it happen on a consistent basis because they are rookies. Do you remember the first time you rode a bike? You nailed prefect sometimes and sometimes you crashed? How about your first job? Some times your line would run smooth and sometimes you'd have problems then after you were there awhile your line always met quota with minimal problems. I am sure when the stars align just right and you get to have sex for the first time it will be much the same way. She might like it for a moment and then you just can't stay consistent and you'll leave her as unsatisfied as our fan base right now, but then if you are lucky enough she gives you more than 1.75 chances then might figure it out and please a women. Your hate for the young players on this team is beyond ridiculous.

David Njoku looks like he is going to be an elite TE int his league for years to come. I have no clue how you cannot see that right now. The kid is miles ahead of the competition as an athlete and he is still learning the game. He is open so much more than his numbers indicate but we have an absolute disaster at QB.

Corey Coleman is going to be an impact player in the NFL. He will never be on the Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham level but he is going to make an impact. I firmly believe the hand deal is finally over and they should have just done surgery the first time around. He will have a chance to be on the field consistently with a real QB and he will develop nicely.

Shon Coleman and Joe Schobert were great finds for picks in the late 70s and 100 range. Whinny fans like you can piss and moan all you want about Shon Coleman because you don't see Joe Thomas, but I challenge you to go back and watch some games with John St. Clair, Nat Dorsey, Enoch DaMar, Tony Pashos, LJ Shelton and hell even Kevin Shaeffer.

Seth DeValve has a role in this league. He'll never be a great player but he will create mismatch problems and a very nice asset in the passing game. He also does a great job of getting open that is not barring fruit right now because of the incompetency at QB. Hue Jackson has also not figured out how to use him yet. A coach like Josh McDaniels, McVay or Shanny would have him producing similar to Taylor Gabriel in Atlanta or Kyle Jusbunchofksysandzs in Baltimore.

Jabrill Peppers is an upper echelon athlete in the NFL and I will not vouch for him near as much as the other guys but I still believe he is going to be good. I feel like Greg Williams has a plan in place for him that he cannot use at this time because we lack the proper personnel. He has also made huge strides in the last 4 weeks as a defensive player. I don't have as much faith in him as I do Ogbah, Njoku, or the Coleman's but I do see that impact potential is there. And again he is a flipping rookie with 12 games under his belt and a kid who was never able to refine his skills at any single position in 3 years of college ball. Give it time there Jimmy Haslam Jr.

28 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

How many of those guys we drafted get significant playing time on the Steelers/Patriots?  Why would I believe that just because they play for the Browns that they'd be better than somebody the Steelers/Patriots would cut?

I have never even seen you post until we fired Sashi and then you come out of the wood work with all these ignorant post full of unwarranted arrogance like you were right all along and would have drafted better yourself or something.

I fully expect as many post next year admitting you were wrong when all these young players are making games changing plays and helping the new GM take all the credit for the turn around. Guys like you I won't hold my breath though.

9 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Emmanuel Ogbah has made a huge impact in the run game and does a very nice job finishing off sacks when pressure is created by someone else. Obviously you like guys who create on there own a little more and that is why Ogbah fell to #33 but being able to clean up the mess is a very underrated skill one that even sees talented pass rushers out of the NFL early because they cannot do it.

Trevon Coley, Larry Ogunjobi and even Caleb Brantley have proven on more than one occasion they have the ability to be impact DTs. They haven't made it happen on a consistent basis because they are rookies. Do you remember the first time you rode a bike? You nailed prefect sometimes and sometimes you crashed? How about your first job? Some times your line would run smooth and sometimes you'd have problems then after you were there awhile your line always met quota with minimal problems. I am sure when the stars align just right and you get to have sex for the first time it will be much the same way. She might like it for a moment and then you just can't stay consistent and you'll leave her as unsatisfied as our fan base right now, but then if you are lucky enough she gives you more than 1.75 chances then might figure it out and please a women. Your hate for the young players on this team is beyond ridiculous.

David Njoku looks like he is going to be an elite TE int his league for years to come. I have no clue how you cannot see that right now. The kid is miles ahead of the competition as an athlete and he is still learning the game. He is open so much more than his numbers indicate but we have an absolute disaster at QB.

Corey Coleman is going to be an impact player in the NFL. He will never be on the Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham level but he is going to make an impact. I firmly believe the hand deal is finally over and they should have just done surgery the first time around. He will have a chance to be on the field consistently with a real QB and he will develop nicely.

Shon Coleman and Joe Schobert were great finds for picks in the late 70s and 100 range. Whinny fans like you can piss and moan all you want about Shon Coleman because you don't see Joe Thomas, but I challenge you to go back and watch some games with John St. Clair, Nat Dorsey, Enoch DaMar, Tony Pashos, LJ Shelton and hell even Kevin Shaeffer.

Seth DeValve has a role in this league. He'll never be a great player but he will create mismatch problems and a very nice asset in the passing game. He also does a great job of getting open that is not barring fruit right now because of the incompetency at QB. Hue Jackson has also not figured out how to use him yet. A coach like Josh McDaniels, McVay or Shanny would have him producing similar to Taylor Gabriel in Atlanta or Kyle Jusbunchofksysandzs in Baltimore.

Jabrill Peppers is an upper echelon athlete in the NFL and I will not vouch for him near as much as the other guys but I still believe he is going to be good. I feel like Greg Williams has a plan in place for him that he cannot use at this time because we lack the proper personnel. He has also made huge strides in the last 4 weeks as a defensive player. I don't have as much faith in him as I do Ogbah, Njoku, or the Coleman's but I do see that impact potential is there. And again he is a flipping rookie with 12 games under his belt and a kid who was never able to refine his skills at any single position in 3 years of college ball. Give it time there Jimmy Haslam Jr.

cwtf.gif 

39 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

How many of those guys they drafted  in 2016 would get significant playing time on the Browns?  
All GMS miss more than they hit.  

Archived