Week 4 GDT: Seahawks vs. Giants MNF 10/2 @ 8:15pm EST

Giants4eva

Week 4 is upon us gents. After the beating we just took by the 49ers i wanna say this team will come out at home and be hungry and angry and just plain pissed off about losing. But i think we are running into a Seahawk team who is just starting to catch its stride. The Seahawks will be getting back Jamal Adams after a long time away from injury and while he may be rusty and not in 100% game shape, i think he will still present a problem for us. We should have Saquon back for this one, whether or not he's at 100% remains to be seen, but any way u cut it we'll gladly take him back 100% or not.  

The thing i'm looking for here is the line play from us. Oline and Dline for lack of a better word have sucked royally. Disgraceful, awful to watch. This team really needs a lot of help and a lot of time to think about who wants to be here. Because from what ive seen, i already feel that there are guys on this team who are gonna be fighting for their jobs. I've been extremely disappointed with Kayvon, Azeez, Leo and even to a degree Dex. But lets see if something truly can be turned around against this club. 

The oline..plain and simple. Pick a man and block him. AT should be back and that's a major plus but nobody in here can be fully alright with that right side. Evan Neal in my mind is a bust. Either try him out at guard or bring in Lael Collins. Its sad to say this about him because i myself was super high on him in the draft. I hope something gets lit for this group. 

DJ has to play a better game, he cant be overthrowing guys and making decisions like tossing a ball back into coverage when he's running out of bounds.

Even with all this negativity said, there's an outside shot we can hang with the Seahawks. Geno Smith is not Brock Purdy, nor is he Dak. But even with that said i feel this team just is gonna continue to let us down. Well get this one close, but it'll slip away by the 4th qtr. 

Hawks 28 / Giants 24

57 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

We should have Saquon back for this one, whether or not he's at 100% remains to be seen, but any way u cut it we'll gladly take him back 100% or not. 

I’m not expecting Saquon back this game. He has a high ankle sprain. We would be lucky to get him back next week vs Dolphins, but Bills are most likely.

McKethan is definitely not good right now, but I am grading him on a curve because of how little NFL experience he has. The last 2 starts he had were his first NFL action ever after coming off a torn ACL. I really, really hope Schoen isn't so stubborn to not know that McKethan isn't good right now, but these starts are an evaluation to see if he can improve and be something down the line.

Ezeudu did himself a disservice looking as good as he did at LT these last 2 weeks (definitely not great, but not awful either). I think he's sort of relegated himself to a jack of all trades role now where he can backup anywhere along the line (except C). He's the first guy off the bench if anyone gets hurt, including JMS; I'd imagine Bredeson goes to C and Ezeudu fills in a LG.

This is basically another must win scenario. Chances of winning at Miami or Buffalo are slim.10 days of rest, 10 days to prepare, at home, against a team traveling across the country if they can't notch a W then we're in for a long season of misery. Seattles D has given up close to 30 pts all three games. They can be scored on. Can Wink find a way to hold them below 20-25 pts is my concern. 

Giants 24
Hawks 21

• Like 1

I think this game will be a dialed-in barometer to determine where we fall in the NFL hierarchy this year. We aren't awful (beat the Cardinals), but we definitely aren't in the top tier either (decisive losses to the Cowboys, 49ers). The Seahawks are a good team. Are we also a good team, or are we a middling team? There's no moral victories this week. We should be relatively healthy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shockwave said:

This is basically another must win scenario. Chances of winning at Miami or Buffalo are slim.10 days of rest, 10 days to prepare, at home, against a team traveling across the country if they can't notch a W then we're in for a long season of misery. Seattles D has given up close to 30 pts all three games. They can be scored on. Can Wink find a way to hold them below 20-25 pts is my concern. 

Giants 24
Hawks 21

IMO the biggest question mark / enigma to me on this team is our defense. I cannot believe how badly weve played over the first 3 games of the season on the defensive side of the ball. I thought yr 2 with Kayvon, a healthy Azeez and bringing in Bobby O would make us formidable.. Im not worried about our offense this coming week, i think the major issues falls on this defense which has been pitiful to say the least. Im ok if we lose and our defense holds us in, but if I see our offense put up 20+ points and our defense cant stop a thing, im gonna be the first one to say its time to fire Wink 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

IMO the biggest question mark / enigma to me on this team is our defense. I cannot believe how badly weve played over the first 3 games of the season on the defensive side of the ball. I thought yr 2 with Kayvon, a healthy Azeez and bringing in Bobby O would make us formidable.. Im not worried about our offense this coming week, i think the major issues falls on this defense which has been pitiful to say the least. Im ok if we lose and our defense holds us in, but if I see our offense put 20+ and our defense cant stop a thing, im gonna be the first one to say its time to fire Wink 

There have been a lot of disappointing players so far this year, but none more than Kayvon. I did not think we'd be questioning his effort 3 games in.

• Like 1

I feel the Seahawks do not outclass us. It was two special teams turnovers that cost us the game last year against them. Also looking at the glass as half full, we had every X-factor going against us for the 49ers, injuries, the second game in a row on the West Coast, and a short week to play against the 49ers. We were still in the game with them for three quarters. The 49ers and the Eagles are in a tier alone in the NFC. The Seahawks are not in that tier which means we mean we can beat them. This year we have the advantage, an extra day of rest to get our injured healthy, we are the home team and they are a West Coast team that needs to travel to the East Coast.

I know people are going to hate me for saying this but I think we need to rush Barkley back for this game, even if he is a decoy he will draw multiple defenders to him which will free up others. We are not beating the Dolphins we are not beating the Bills. We are not making the plays off with a record of 1-5 record. Also the Seahawks are one of the teams we are in direct competition with for a wildcard spot. This is a must win game and I feel we find a way to win it.

Giants 24

Seahawks 20

(Just want to add that prediction is with Barkley playing, if he is not playing Seahawks 28 Giants 17)

Edited by Go_Giants
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I feel the Seahawks do not outclass us. It was two special teams turnovers that cost us the game last year against them. Also looking at the glass as half full, we had every X-factor going against us for the 49ers, injuries, the second game in a row on the West Coast, and a short week to play against the 49ers. We were still in the game with them for three quarters. The 49ers and the Eagles are in a tier alone in the NFC. The Seahawks are not in that tier which means we mean we can beat them. This year we have the advantage, an extra day of rest to get our injured healthy, we are the home team and they are a West Coast team that needs to travel to the East Coast.

I know people are going to hate me for saying this but I think we need to rush Barkley back for this game, even if he is a decoy he will draw multiple defenders to him which will free up others. We are not beating the Dolphins we are not beating the Bills. We are not making the plays off with a record of 1-5 record. Also the Seahawks are one of the teams we are in direct competition with for a wildcard spot. This is a must win game and I feel we find a way to win it.

Giants 24

Seahawks 20

(Just want to add that prediction is with Barkley playing, if he is not playing Seahawks 28 Giants 17)

Dont think anyone is gonna hate on you for that. Barkley adds a dimension to our game when he plays. He HAS to be accounted for. Anyone out there who watches Giants football knows when hes in they need to get a body on him. 

What makes this game so crucial is that we have not shown that we can upset the best teams, so we HAVE to get every win we can get against the teams that are within our tier. We can account for 7 losses against top teams. That only leaves us a buffer of 1 or 2 games against everyone else, including the Seahawks. How many years in a row can we just assume a sweep of the Commies? New Orleans is no slouch. And there's bound to be a loss to a team decidedly worse than us (was almost the Cardinals). 

I really hope I'm eating my words in a few weeks after we steal one from Buffalo or Miami but with all the success last year, it was never against top teams.