GDT Week 4: Commies(2-1) @ Eagles(3-0) - Time for some NFCE football

AZ_Eaglesfan

1 minute ago, Jays3 said:

Ok hurts pocket awareness this year has regressed. He didn’t have to bail there

The problem there is if he stays in the pocket and gets sacked then we lose 3 points.

I don't think he had to bail there, but he could've not liked what he saw as far as the route(s) that were going towards the end zone. We obviously can't see that on broadcast.

1 minute ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Sirianni with his CLASSIC mastermind mindset of never using all his timeouts on a two minute drill…. Call a dang timeout dude

It makes perfect sense why we held the timeout after the Smith catch. We didn’t know if it was a catch for sure or not so calling the Timeout could have hurt us. After that we just had no reason to call the timeout. Hard to fault him for that. 

Not sure what would of been more painful?

Listening to Merrill call that entire 1st 1/2 not being able to see the game?

Or

In a bar surrounded by WTF fans with that pitiful 1st 1/2 performance?

Given what I just suffered through the past hr 1/2,  I'm wishing I went to the bar! 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Hurts pocket presence is abysmal this year.

and since he’s not particularly fast w/ mediocre arm strength, rolling out = 3 yard gain or throwaway. The best play I can remember from his many roll outs in 2023 (outside the tackle) was that 5 yard 3rd down pickup vs Vikings. Otherwise his premature pocket bail outs have just been wasted downs.

He’s been solid today overall, smart w/ ball which I always love.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

He should be better there since he's the CEO coach type (not calling plays).

He’s AWFUL at it… he does it all the time where he’s scared to call a timeout when it’s blatantly obvious to use one… Does someone know if he saves timeouts that he makes commission off it contract wise? Only explanation 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It could be worse. We could be like the Bengals and be down 24-3 and looking down the barrel at 1-3.

We could be the Vikings looking at 0-4.

Dolphins are undefeated, but are down 31-14.

I don't think its time for us to panic. We're still in this game, despite some iffy ref ball.

It’s been frustrating but hardly a reason for panic. But asking for people to be reasonable in a GDT is understandably a big ask. 

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The problem there is if he stays in the pocket and gets sacked then we lose 3 points.

I don't think he had to bail there, but he could've not liked what he saw as far as the route(s) that were going towards the end zone. We obviously can't see that on broadcast.

Didn’t the eagles have a timeout there? A sack also wouldn’t have put things out of Jake’s range. I was more so thinking he could step up in the pocket but I’d like to see another angle. This is one of those plays I’ll look at with all 22

• Like 1