Week 4: TNF Detroit Lions (2-1) @ Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Louis Friend

Anyways the Lions got a big time win in Green Bay. I don’t know what to make of Love? The Packers blew the game against the Falcons. Then came from behind against the Saints to win and tonight seem like they didn’t even show up and got beat down. Reality is ARod isn’t walking through the tunnel and the Packers have to really see what they have in Love for better or for worse. If it’s not good they have to pivot quickly in a draft that will be QB rich. Goff isn’t going anywhere in Detroit, the Vikings will move off Cousins and will try to position themselves in this upcoming rich QB draft and I have to believe the Bears will move off Fields and do the same. If the Packers aren’t careful they could find themselves in a year or two with the worst QB in the division and it might not be close.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because if Green Bay keeps running light boxes like Joe Barry likes to do, just run the ball down their throat.  And Montgomery is better at that.

I get that but didn’t the coach say they will get Gibbs more involved after Week 1? That was after the coach said they will be using him a lot Week 1 but didn’t then said they just wanted to see. Like he is clearly the better back. Montgomery was coming back from an injury and they gave him 32 carries.  They couldn’t give Gibbs at least 10 of those carries? Again I don’t understand what the Lions are doing with Gibbs.

Edited by stl4life07

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I get that but didn’t the coach say they will get Gibbs more involved after Week 1? That was after the coach said they will be using him a lot Week 1 but didn’t then said they just wanted to see. Like he is clearly the better back. Montgomery was coming back from an injury and they gave him 32 carries.  They couldn’t give Gibbs at least 10 of those carries? Again I don’t understand what the Lions are doing with Gibbs.

Is Gibbs clearly the better back?

Also we did sign Monty to a 3 year contract. I am positive we are going to "use him up" before handing the keys to Gibbs, cold as that sounds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

They are trying to win games not get stats for certain players. Gibbs played plenty and had an impact on the game, but they aren't going to pound him up the gut 30x like they will with Monty. That was never the plan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Gibbs is much better in space than Montgomery is.  And Montgomery is probably substantially better in pass protection than Gibbs is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Gibbs is much better in space than Montgomery is.  And Montgomery is probably substantially better in pass protection than Gibbs is.

Every time I watch Monty I'm actually pretty impressed with him. I thought he looked great in pass pro against the chiefs

• Like 1