Week 4: TNF Detroit Lions (2-1) @ Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Louis Friend

Just now, Forge said:

Every time I watch Monty I'm actually pretty impressed with him. I thought he looked great in pass pro against the chiefs

Montgomery has played damn well, which is why other fans bitching about him getting touches is so annoying. It’s not like he’s playing poorly. He’s helping the Lions win and compete for their first division title in over 30 years. Lions front office nor fan base give two ****s about anyone fantasy teams. 

Lions have clearly defined roles for their RBs:

Workhorse/goalline: Jamaal Williams/David Montgomery

Space/receiver/gadget back: D’Andre Swift/Jahmyr Gibbs

Anyone who expects Gibbs to get 30 carries and goal to go runs doesn’t watch enough football. 

• Like 4

Dear lord, the way some people are personally aggrieved by the Gibbs pick is so weird. You don't like the pick? Ok, that's fine. He hasn't achieved the Hall of fame in his first four games, get the torches! He isn't scoring you fantasy points, get the pitch forks! Why isn't Detroit using him more? Because they haven't had to. Detroit didn't draft the kid for him to carry the team on his back the first four games of his career. They have him for five years and his role will change week to week as he gets better at the little things that get young RBs more playing time and as matchups dictate. Then why did they draft him at #12? Because Detroit didn't think he'd be there at #18 and they wanted him. You have an issue with the positional value? Cool. You don't like Gibbs as a player? No problem. Bringing it up ad nauseum isn't needed. Check back at the end of the season. Check back after year three then gloat if he's not panned out; hell, I'll help you cut the confetti for your back patting party. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

Dear lord, the way some people are personally aggrieved by the Gibbs pick is so weird. You don't like the pick? Ok, that's fine. He hasn't achieved the Hall of fame in his first four games, get the torches! He isn't scoring you fantasy points, get the pitch forks! Why isn't Detroit using him more? Because they haven't had to. Detroit didn't draft the kid for him to carry the team on his back the first four games of his career. They have him for five years and his role will change week to week as he gets better at the little things that get young RBs more playing time and as matchups dictate. Then why did they draft him at #12? Because Detroit didn't think he'd be there at #18 and they wanted him. You have an issue with the positional value? Cool. You don't like Gibbs as a player? No problem. Bringing it up ad nauseum isn't needed. Check back at the end of the season. Check back after year three then gloat if he's not panned out; hell, I'll help you cut the confetti for your back patting party. 

fantasy is toxic 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

fantasy is toxic 

So are football message boards centered around the NFL draft where guys try to impress each other with their elite amateur scouting skills and invest their self esteem in being right about the value of players and picks 

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 1