What players are being completely misused?

RaidersAreOne

Kyle Pitts. Dude’s too talented to only be targeted 17 times this year (9-100-0). Call it a symptom of the offense if you’d like, but if the early results are indicative of the rest of the season - then Altanta should change things up. If this were a top 10 offense with Pitts being underutilized, then at least they could rest on the teams’ success. That ain’t the case, though.

Justin Fields, clearly (although I’m not really all that sure that Fields has it at this point overall).

Probably two of the most obvious ones anyone could think of. 

• Like 7

The Jets have Zach Wilson starting which seems like a misuse.

I don't understand why the Cowboys traded for Trey Lance. He needs reps and they won't give them to him. He's expensive and will be gone after 2024. That seems like kind of a misuse of draft capital, cap space and Lance's potential.

The Titans signed Nuk for a ton of cash and they don't throw him (or anyone else) the ball effectively.

Fields is kind of a toss-up. He's obviously an elite runner at the position and they aren't designing runs for him. That being said, I think they'd like him to develop into some kind of a passer and are poorly coaching him thusly.

• Like 3

Drake London and Kyle Pitts immediately come to mind. Not that they're being mis-used, per-se, just being completely ignored because their coach doesn't believe in getting non-RB's the ball and their QB is trash.

When the Chiefs tried using Chris Jones as a 4-3 DE that was cute and completely unnecessary. Other than that, I don't really know of any players that are realy being mis-used schematically in the NFL. Marvin Mims, maybe? Dude is probably the Broncos best WR and they give him like 10 snaps per game and all he does is score touchdowns...

Jaxson Smith-Njigba, I don't even know why the Seahawks drafted him at this point. He gets like 2 targets per game. I'm also calling it now, this guy is gonna bust, HARD.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Drake London and Kyle Pitts immediately come to mind. Not that they're being mis-used, per-se, just being completely ignored because their coach doesn't believe in getting non-RB's the ball and their QB is trash.

London, yes. He’ll be a superstar with the right QB and coach. But Pitts… I think he was a very overrated prospect to begin with. There was no combine that year, all his testing was massively inflated. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

6 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't understand why the Cowboys traded for Trey Lance. He needs reps and they won't give them to him. He's expensive and will be gone after 2024. That seems like kind of a misuse of draft capital, cap space and Lance's potential.

Really? Dak is 10x better than Lance. That’s why he isn’t being used. They barely gave up anything for him & he’s a great insurance policy for them. Also, they just traded for him—I’m sure he is just now learning the playbook.

I hate Dallas, but they aren’t misusing Lance—they don’t need to use him right now. 

• Like 1

it’s easy to say Fields is a bad passer/he’s a runningback but if you watch this and compare to now, you’ll see most of his issues are confidence based from poor coaching and abysmal teams. It’s kinda heartbreaking to see. That’s not to say he’s without regular flaws, he has certain issues that would’ve been issues anywhere but I fully believe if he’d been used right he would’ve been perfectly serviceable. Hopefully Atlanta finds out how to use him right when Chicago is done being **** at everything. 

and to segue on from that, pretty much every Chicago Bear is being misused. 

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Is Travon Walker being misused or is he just not developing like Jacksonville hoped he would? That pick is looking worse every week.

He is being misused IMO. To my knowledge, he isn't playing any 5t or interior DL position. They don't stunt/loop him, which is what allows him to be so deadly. I think it's partly because of what Jacksonville does scheme-wise and the personnel that they currently have already there.

I am a Travon Walker believer though. I think he's gonna be a player in time.