Rank the 32 Starters at QB

Tank4Drake

43 minutes ago, General Tso said:

That's not true. People are already calling Herbert a fraud. People think the Bills window is closed already.

People are only calling Herbert a fraud now, in his age 25 season, in year 4, due to no playoff success. 

People were calling Lamar a fraud after his age 22 season for going 0-2 in the playoffs. 

As for other QBs, they've just simply found success already like Mahomes, Burrow and Hurts.

Burrow and Hurts are on teams that have found success some playoff success. If you think QB is solely responsible for that success, that's your prerogative. But neither has come close to winning an individual award like All-Pro or MVP, which Lamar won unanimously. 

4 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

People are only calling Herbert a fraud now, in his age 25 season, in year 4, due to no playoff success. 

People were calling Lamar a fraud after his age 22 season for going 0-2 in the playoffs. 

Burrow and Hurts are on teams that have found success some playoff success. If you think QB is solely responsible for that success, that's your prerogative. But neither has come close to winning an individual award like All-Pro or MVP, which Lamar won unanimously. 

Ok, so with great awards comes great responsibility. You can't just say "wow he was 22 and won MVP, but because he's 22, I am not concerned about his playoff performance in the same year"

I don't really care about age, that was Herbert's first playoff game after the previous year his team had a chance to get to the playoffs and lost in the last game. 

Basically in the eyes of the public, QBs get one year of free pass and then the heat is on. As far as recent history goes, this is pretty consistent.

Edited by General Tso

8 hours ago, General Tso said:

Ok, so with great awards comes great responsibility. You can't just say "wow he was 22 and won MVP, but because he's 22, I am not concerned about his playoff performance in the same year"

When evaluating Lamar this year, I don't feel like the 2019 playoff loss is much of a concern. Because if Lamar's game in 2019 was not as well suited toward a pass heavy approach, he demonstrated numerous times from 2020-2022 that he is capable of passing his team back in the game, as well as passing the ball effectively in 2-minute situations.

The 2019 shows the upside of Lamar, that he can basically be a unanimous MVP with a strong supporting caste. But his game is more complete now, and aspects that were previously exploited in playoff losses due to inexperience and throwing technique no longer apply. 

23 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

When evaluating Lamar this year, I don't feel like the 2019 playoff loss is much of a concern. Because if Lamar's game in 2019 was not as well suited toward a pass heavy approach, he demonstrated numerous times from 2020-2022 that he is capable of passing his team back in the game, as well as passing the ball effectively in 2-minute situations.

The 2019 shows the upside of Lamar, that he can basically be a unanimous MVP with a strong supporting caste. But his game is more complete now, and aspects that were previously exploited in playoff losses due to inexperience and throwing technique no longer apply. 

I look forward to how he does this playoffs. He has everything he needs and no excuses anymore.

45 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

2019? The game he put up 500 yards of offense?

1:3 TD:INT and 12 points total is crap no matter what, but it's not like he Tim Tebow'd it idk.

Heck, I'd argue that was Lamar's best playoff game

okay 2020 titans win was better but I'm being hyperbolic for effect lol

19 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Based on casual observation of media that covers NFL (such as ESPN, Fox, etc.), most shows/analysts have been ranking Lamar in the top 5 Qbs as this season has progressed. 

The Ringer has him 3rd. https://nflrankings.theringer.com/qb-rankings

Nick Wright had Lamar outside the top 10 to start the season but now has Lamar at 2/3. 

who the hell is this clown? Is he just some podcast guy? 

Burrow, Allen and Herbert tier 5... lol

Edited by fluhartz

4 hours ago, General Tso said:

I look forward to how he does this playoffs. He has everything he needs and no excuses anymore.

And I look forward to when Allen, Burrow, Hurts, and Lawrence put together a dominant regular season and win an All Pro or MVP. They have everything they need, they just haven't put it together yet. Maybe this year, but I don't see anyone separating from the pack yet.  

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

And I look forward to when Allen, Burrow, Hurts, and Lawrence put together a dominant regular season and win an All Pro or MVP. They have everything they need, they just haven't put it together yet. Maybe this year, but I don't see anyone separating from the pack yet.  

I don't really see what those guys have to do with Lamar. Are you that focused on media narratives? Just enjoy the ride.

3 hours ago, Soggust said:

2019? The game he put up 500 yards of offense?

1:3 TD:INT and 12 points total is crap no matter what, but it's not like he Tim Tebow'd it idk.

Heck, I'd argue that was Lamar's best playoff game

okay 2020 titans win was better but I'm being hyperbolic for effect lol

But in my opinion Lamar is a much more complete QB now, now that he has improved his throwing technique and gotten more experience playing from behind and operating 2-minute offenses. 2019 Lamar destroyed most teams that regular season with dominant rushing and efficient passing, but he had holes in his game. 

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

I don't really see what those guys have to do with Lamar. Are you that focused on media narratives? Just enjoy the ride.

The debate started when Mox claimed nobody aside from Ravens fans thinks Lamar is a top 5 QB. 

I disagree and think plenty of folks have him ranked top-5. I think it is fine for someone to rank him outside the top 5, but I'm just saying that ranking Lamar top-5 is not a fringe opinion that only Ravens fans have. 

Then I got sidetracked defending Lamar, which I try not to do but here we are. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

The debate started when Mox claimed nobody aside from Ravens fans thinks Lamar is a top 5 QB. 

I disagree and think plenty of folks have him ranked top-5. I think it is fine for someone to rank him outside the top 5, but I'm just saying that ranking Lamar top-5 is not a fringe opinion that only Ravens fans have. 

Then I got sidetracked defending Lamar, which I try not to do but here we are. 

2020 Lamar was 22nd in passer rating. 2021 he was 25th, 2022 he was 27th, this year he is 14th.

Maybe that has something to do with why he isn't in many top 5s.

They probably forgot he was all-pro and MVP 5 seasons ago and aren't aware of all of the excuses he has for the seasons since then. They can be irrational.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

2020 Lamar was 22nd in passer rating. 2021 he was 25th, 2022 he was 27th, this year he is 14th.

Ummm he is 7th with a 101.0 passer rating this year. I'll always count on you barge in and spread disinformation, though.   

Maybe that has something to do with why he isn't in many top 5s.

They probably forgot he was all-pro and MVP 5 seasons ago and aren't aware of all of the excuses he has for the seasons since then. They can be irrational.

I think he is in numerous top-5 QB lists, though. You aren't even paying attention to what is being discussed. 

If you can provide evidence that nobody except Ravens fans rank Lamar in the top-5, that would be pertinent to the discussion. But I just did a quick search and found multiple analysts who have him top 5, even though the quality of the analysts is suspect.