The Week 5 Thread: 0-4 Bears at 2-2 Commanders - THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on PRIME - GIF THEME now DROOPY

MikeT14

Just now, taylor made said:

This is up there for the worst half of football I've seen under the Rivera era

The worst half...so far.

We have a whole 'nother half to play. And then, if he still has a job tomorrow, we have 24 more halves to go to top this. Please don't give them a challenge like that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

This is up there for the worst half of football I've seen under the Rivera era

Reminds me of the end of the Zorn, Shanahan & Gruden eras. Just no effort. Team is making mental mistakes too. Rivera just standing there with his arms folded over showing no emotion.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

It’s not Ron right now. You make the example with JDR. You have 7? First round picks. Do something 

Fire him too. But Ron is the one who drafted Forbes, Martin and Mathis. He signed Barton. He also spent $24M on Wylie, Gates, Barton, Brissett and Dantzler. All of whom either suck or have made no impact. This off-season was an absolute abomination. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

It’s not Ron right now. You make the example with JDR. You have 7? First round picks. Do something 

Ron is culpable as well. He's the Head Coach/GM. He hired JDR, whose defenses have pretty much never been good here despite the defensive personnel we've brought in. At some point in time, the captain of the ship has to take responsibility (and punishment) for the major eff ups of his underlings.

Just now, lavar703 said:

What is it going to take for Wylie to come off the field? WHAT! How god damn bad does he have to be!? He’s horrible. 

The half has to end, first. Then he can come off and into the locker room. And he'll come out in the 2nd half and not come off until the end of the game. 

Gotta hand it to Rivera. He makes bad decisions, and when it's clear there are better options, he doggedly sticks to his guns and continues throwing good money after bad. I don't understand that level of stupidity, but it IS impressive.