GDT Week 5: Eagles(4-0) @ Rams(2-2) - Trip out West... Hopefully not a Trap?

AZ_Eaglesfan

42 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

I’ve asked this question so many times but why is it so difficult to embed tweets? I’ve tried some suggestions that were made, it doesn’t seem to work. Kinda makes me not want to post tweets unless I need to show my source

Use twitter links not x links.

Twitter link:

X Link:

https://x.com/JAKIBSports/status/1709950448650666380

My guess is the site just needs to do something to make embedding from x better.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Use twitter links not x links.

Twitter link:

X Link:

https://x.com/JAKIBSports/status/1709950448650666380

My guess is the site just needs to do something to make embedding from x better.

Yup, it’s a service side issue. Once the platform updates to include it it’ll be fine. Nothing Webby can do until that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is a pleasant surprise. Didn't think he would have a shot at coming back for this game.

Maybe I’m wrong but just because he’s practicing doesn’t necessarily mean he will play. I could see the eagles keeping him out still. Teams are very cautious with concussions after all those lawsuits. I think the orange hat means “don’t touch” so he’s not even being put in a real situation yet.

1 hour ago, Jays3 said:

Maybe I’m wrong but just because he’s practicing doesn’t necessarily mean he will play. I could see the eagles keeping him out still. Teams are very cautious with concussions after all those lawsuits. I think the orange hat means “don’t touch” so he’s not even being put in a real situation yet.

Never said in my post that it means he's guaranteed to play (I said "have a shot"), but its a nice step in the right direction.

And, I don't think guys get touched much in practice outside of camp anyways.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Key to this game to me is just sticking to the run. This Rams D will not be able to contain our rushing offense if we stick to it. Control the ball on offense by running efficiently, and on D we just have get a few stops. If we can get ahead in this game we should be able to force Stafford into some classic Stafford plays and get some turnovers. If we are turning the ball over or playing from behind the gameplan gets a whole lot harder imo. Just play soldi clean football and I think we can let our strengths carry us to a victory.

34 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Key to this game to me is just sticking to the run. This Rams D will not be able to contain our rushing offense if we stick to it. Control the ball on offense by running efficiently, and on D we just have get a few stops. If we can get ahead in this game we should be able to force Stafford into some classic Stafford plays and get some turnovers. If we are turning the ball over or playing from behind the gameplan gets a whole lot harder imo. Just play soldi clean football and I think we can let our strengths carry us to a victory.

I think it’s scoring more than the other team 

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Sua Opeta vs Aaron Donald 

😬

FWIW Opeta is more experienced at guard than Jurgens and small sample, but he was our highest graded in pass blocking last game just ahead of Jurgens and Kelce. Jurgens has graded out better in run blocking than pass overall this year although he was higher in pass blocking for the Vikings and Commanders games. Sua has typically come in games and played fairly well so I trust him to do his best. Obviously this is against Donald who is a monster though. I do trust his power more against a guy like Payne than I do a quicker speed ball like AD. Dickerson could also struggle against him. Speed can give him issues and this will also be his first match up against Donald.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

FWIW Opeta is more experienced at guard than Jurgens and small sample, but he was our highest graded in pass blocking last game just ahead of Jurgens and Kelce. Jurgens has graded out better in run blocking than pass overall this year although he was higher in pass blocking for the Vikings and Commanders games. Sua has typically come in games and played fairly well so I trust him to do his best. Obviously this is against Donald who is a monster though. I do trust his power more against a guy like Payne than I do a quicker speed ball like AD. Dickerson could also struggle against him. Speed can give him issues and this will also be his first match up against Donald.

Stoutland has a tendency to stonewall premier pass rushers, I'm not very worried about it to be honest. I'm significantly more worried about puka and potentially healthy kupp.

• Like 1