Week 14: SNF Ravens (7-5) at STEELERS (10-2)

JDLefebvre

14 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I would have agreed with you, and maybe this isn't fair, but this year I was lucky enough to get Julio Jones on my fantasy team and he has disappointed me so much.  I understand the argument that Matt Ryan is very risk averse and wants to throw to the open guy but there comes a time where you gotta trust your number 1 guy to beat the coverage and go to him.  Julio should have thrown 10 water coolers by now with how little he has produced in too many games this year.

Dont get me wrong, I personally believe Antonio is the best and would take him over Julio every time...but I just dont argue with people who might like him more....for whatever reason.

Only people I knock on, as I said, are those who act like Jones is NOTABLY better.

Harbaugh reminded me of why I despise him so much in his post-game. I've never seen it before. Half way through, after getting questions about what the defense was doing all night on Brown and why he was alone in key spots, Harbaugh stops and goes, "Did anyone see that last play on Maclin in the end?" After some muttering from the media about different plays he settles in on the one where Maclin was down. He asks if he was hit in the head. Media responded with silence and went on to the next question.

Just now, August4th said:

dupree had 1 tackle for the whole game.... steelers need to address OLB position again this offseason

Been saying this for awhile now.    

We have alot of needs going forward.    Dupree isnt starting caliber, Shazier is probably done, Vince Williams is a glorfied backup, our safeties are worthless, our corners arent much better.

Honestly, the only 3 players on defense that should be viewed as definite starters going into 2018 are Heyward, Tuitt and Watt.   Everyone else should be on notice....even though we wont be able to replace all of them in one offseason.   Id focus on replacing Mitchell and finding a gamechanging ILB.

And then thats not even factoring in we need a future QB and probably a replacement for Lev.   

13 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Been saying this for awhile now.    

We have alot of needs going forward.    Dupree isnt starting caliber, Shazier is probably done, Vince Williams is a glorfied backup, our safeties are worthless, our corners arent much better.

Honestly, the only 3 players on defense that should be viewed as definite starters going into 2018 are Heyward, Tuitt and Watt.   Everyone else should be on notice....even though we wont be able to replace all of them in one offseason.   Id focus on replacing Mitchell and finding a gamechanging ILB.

And then thats not even factoring in we need a future QB and probably a replacement for Lev.   

Even Burns? I know when he's had BAD games but when he's had good ones; they're GOOD.

I think he'll come into his own once he has more time with Haden. His play went SOUTH after Haden went down.

11 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Hope I'm completely wrong about this, but did Chris Moore mock Shazier when he flopped in the endzone after the TD.  I hope to God that's not what it was.  

Anyone else see that?

Apparently its a popular celebration from FIFA called the dead fish celebration.

UFW1NLs.gif

3 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Hope I'm completely wrong about this, but did Chris Moore mock Shazier when he flopped in the endzone after the TD.  I hope to God that's not what it was.  

Anyone else see that?

Looked like he was mocking a fish out of water? Unsure what it was. I doubt it was mocking Shazier considering everything that was said this week between the two teams.

Just now, steelcurtain29 said:

Looked like he was mocking a fish out of water? Unsure what it was. I doubt it was mocking Shazier considering everything that was said this week between the two teams.

It would be in extremely poor taste.  I can't imagine someone would do that, but what was it then?

45 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Harbaugh reminded me of why I despise him so much in his post-game. I've never seen it before. Half way through, after getting questions about what the defense was doing all night on Brown and why he was alone in key spots, Harbaugh stops and goes, "Did anyone see that last play on Maclin in the end?" After some muttering from the media about different plays he settles in on the one where Maclin was down. He asks if he was hit in the head. Media responded with silence and went on to the next question.

My first thought when it happened was if he was that hurt why was he back on the field two plays later and not in the protocol.

4 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

My first thought when it happened was if he was that hurt why was he back on the field two plays later and not in the protocol.

Thought Maclin got hit square in the chest? Even then, he has NO ROOM to talk after Weddle against away with an obvious headshot in the 4th quarter on (James?)

10 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Thought Maclin got hit square in the chest? Even then, he has NO ROOM to talk after Weddle against away with an obvious headshot in the 4th quarter on (James?)

I don't remember seeing a good replay on the hit so your probably right.  All I remember was everyone in the General GDT was claiming that Maclin was faking it right away and then when he was back on the field making the catch, that wasn't a catch because his foot was out of bounds, it validated the opinion that he might have been faking it.

My thought is if Harbough thought he was hit in the head, which him bringing it up in the post game interview seems to say he did, and Maclin laid on the ground after the hit like he did, then why did the Ravens allow him to go back on the field so quickly.  Just seems like Harbough would be opening a can of  worms for himself by pushing that agenda.

EDIT: That being said this league doesn't seem to actually care about that can of worms so it would never matter.  Seems more like he has sour grapes than worms

Can you remember the last time the Steelers and Ravens, two typically defense-driven franchises, combined for over 70 points? Don't worry. I'll give you a second. You ready? October 5, 1997, when Kordell Stewart and Jerome Bettis led Pittsburgh to a 42-34 win over Vinny Testaverde's Ravens. Testaverde! Sunday night marked the highest-scoring game in rivalry history (77). This is a weird friggin' season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000891335/article/steelers-clinch-north-with-comeback-win-over-ravens

Archived