Week 5 GDT: [MNF] McRaiders v Packers - The one where we need to smarten up

big_palooka

How hot is that seat getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do we feel about the McRaiders this week?

• Raiders rally, get a much needed win at "home"
    • Raiders come in unprepared and it's another nail in the coffin?
    • Just tank baby?

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’ve never seen “fans” mad about a win. People spent years wishing he had a better than bottom barrel defense and we are making strides. And most people don’t care?!

The majority of it has to do with the QB/HC combo can’t say I blame them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

I truly believe we win more games with AOC then with Jimmy. 
if we lost today, maybe AOC starts and we are able to score 20+, and win more. especially with an easy stretch coming up. I think AOC wouldve won today, by more. 

1 game against an NFC appointment wont mean much come tiebreakers. 1-3 in AFC hurts us in tie breakers. 

O'Connell went against a Chargers defense missing their 2 best players last week. Threw behind the receivers half the time when he got time. Thinking a rookie who looked solid vs 2nd and 3rd stringers is gonna turn this around is wild. Run blocking and play calling isn't there now either. Don't love Jimmy but have to trust the timing will get better with him and receivers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

I truly believe we win more games with AOC then with Jimmy. 
if we lost today, maybe AOC starts and we are able to score 20+, and win more. especially with an easy stretch coming up. I think AOC wouldve won today, by more. 

1 game against an NFC appointment wont mean much come tiebreakers. 1-3 in AFC hurts us in tie breakers. 

I'd prefer AOC starts too. Doesn't mean we give up in week 5 hoping for what, 13 straight losses? Why are people here if they don't want to see the team succeed? Nobody says you can't switch to Eagles fans or whatever until the Raiders are SB caliber, go for it. Not you, anybody who wants the team to lose. Honestly why follow a team if you don't want them to win? Take a break and come back, no one will remember

People would rather be right than happy, that's all it is

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RaiderX said:

O'Connell went against a Chargers defense missing their 2 best players last week. Threw behind the receivers half the time when he got time. Thinking a rookie who looked solid vs 2nd and 3rd stringers is gonna turn this around is wild. Run blocking and play calling isn't there now either. Don't love Jimmy but have to trust the timing will get better with him and receivers. 

Thinking a 10 year vet will improve, but a rookie wont, is wild to me. 
Why do you have to think the timing will get better wit Jimmy but not AOC, who didnt get reps all season with the starters?

jimmy has no velocity on his passes, the dbs are closing on routes the wrs have won but ball isnt gtting there faster. 

yes. I believe AOC can improve, guess thats wild now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Why are people here if they don't want to see the team succeed?

I'm here for exactly that. Tell me, McDaniels is 8-14 since he's been here. Does this win mean we're succeeding now? Because even though we won, I'd say we're failing. So, am I wrong in saying this win doesn't mean much when you take a step back and look at our failing situation?

• Like 3

Jimmy sucking doesn’t concern me that much. A good franchise will take a shot and move up and get their guy. Hopefully with Carr gone there is less sensitivity around that option. For whatever reason we didn’t try for years to upgrade. 

McD is who to evaluate. He’s got to find a way to get the run game going. Jimmy will execute better with a dominant run game and that is momentum to carry the team. If not, fire him, because the offense being this bad can’t go into next year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

I don't agree with you often but same. It's 5 games in and there's 7 other teams with a worse record. We don't know what will happen.

I'd like a top QB too but this team isn't worse right now than DEN, CHI or CAR ... and CHI will probably have the top 2 picks anyway. You can't spend the whole season wishcasting and hyping yourself into the QB you want only for the draft to be a crapshoot. If it happens it happens 

I agree. We realistically could be 4-1 and there’s other teams who are a lot worse than us. 

People wishing for a draft pick to save a team need to get over themselves. The savior QB is not a slam dunk. Brock Purdy was the last pick on the draft! It is about building a team 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I'd prefer AOC starts too. Doesn't mean we give up in week 5 hoping for what, 13 straight losses? Why are people here if they don't want to see the team succeed? Nobody says you can't switch to Eagles fans or whatever until the Raiders are SB caliber, go for it. Not you, anybody who wants the team to lose. Honestly why follow a team if you don't want them to win? Take a break and come back, no one will remember

People would rather be right than happy, that's all it is

I wanted the raiders to come out and dominate tonight and win. 
give me hope. 

17 points again, just doesnt seem like a recipe for success to me against good nfl teams. 
Im happy for Maxx, he deserves it. 
I wish we fed DA against his old team. 

just a sloppy win in oct, doesnt excite me. 
if this was Dec to make the playoffs it does, but projecting forward, this game worries me. 
jimmys arm looks shot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

I'm here for exactly that. Tell me, McDaniels is 8-14 since he's been here. Does this win mean we're succeeding now? Because even though we won, I'd say we're failing. So, am I wrong in saying this win doesn't mean much when you take a step back and look at our failing situation?

Then take a break, easy as that. Come back in the off season. Scout QB prospects because we were never getting Williams or Maye, the team has too much talent, even if it isn't a contender. This is our team, take it or leave it. I'm hoping this 2023 team wins, I figured that's what being a fan is. Soft schedule coming up, one week at a time. Doesn't mean you can't hope HC or QB, both can (and should) change. 

I'll be going to the game next week. I'll be going in 3 weeks. I'll love the team more than prospects that may or may not pan out, let alone prospects that may or may not be on the team. Easy as that. Our guys work too hard to hope for losses

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'm not mad about a win. But I'm not happy either. You know what makes me happy? Rings. Superbowl wins. And nothing about this win gets us closer to that or shows me we’re going that way. So to me it's just 'meh". This team, QB, staff, has shown who they are and we aren't making a run until they're gone. So, good, I guess, get a win, get a loss, but until we start building towards a playoff team I'll be meh about every win or loss. 

Most Super Bowl teams aren’t built in one season. A good Defense gotta start somewhere. Turning around a decade plus long matador type defense is a step in the right direction. Is that not hope?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I wanted the raiders to come out and dominate tonight and win. 
give me hope. 

17 points again, just doesnt seem like a recipe for success to me against good nfl teams. 
Im happy for Maxx, he deserves it. 
I wish we fed DA against his old team. 

just a sloppy win in oct, doesnt excite me. 
if this was Dec to make the playoffs it does, but projecting forward, this game worries me. 
jimmys arm looks shot. 

I can respect all of that. It's not all bright and rosey off one win, but it's a start. Seasons not lost at 2-3. Nows not the time to pout about college QBs we were never getting.

And I have no problem with Jimmy being benched for AOC, that's probably the happy medium for people hoping for wins and people hoping for QBOTF. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I can respect all of that. It's not all bright and rosey off one win, but it's a start. Seasons not lost at 2-3. Nows not the time to pout about college QBs we were never getting.

And I have no problem with Jimmy being benched for AOC, that's probably the happy medium for people hoping for wins and people hoping for QBOTF. 

Get back to 500 next week and I’ll get excited again I’m sure. 
just so disappointed in our O this year. It’s just painful to watch at times 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I agree. We realistically could be 4-1 and there’s other teams who are a lot worse than us. 

People wishing for a draft pick to save a team need to get over themselves. The savior QB is not a slam dunk. Brock Purdy was the last pick on the draft! It is about building a team 

I'm actually fine with this, keep building up the team if/when AO4 steps in he can actually have success, don't necessarily think we need to jump up for a QB your record is your record just draft good players wherever we picking that includes another QB at some point if value permits.

• Like 2