CLE hires John Dorsey as GM

Broncofan

11 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

So, if (and when) Houston loses to Pitt this weekend, they will have a showdown with the Colts for the 3rd overall pick? Is Dorsey seriously gonna start his tenure with the Browns with #1 and #3? hahahaha

No

The NY Giants are also going to win out and the Browns will have #1 and #2.

Let's make this happen.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
11 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

So, if (and when) Houston loses to Pitt this weekend, they will have a showdown with the Colts for the 3rd overall pick? Is Dorsey seriously gonna start his tenure with the Browns with #1 and #3? hahahaha

No

The NY Giants are also going to win out and the Browns will have #1 and #2.

Let's make this happen.

This would be beyond epic. I wish they pulled that game out against the Eagles. Well either Eagles game for that matter. 

I would be enamored with a Rosen/Darnold and Barkley combo for Cleveland. I almost never like a RB in the first considering all the talent in the 2nd/3rd the last few years, but Barkley is special. Use the three 2nds to add a WR and some secondary help. 

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

This would be beyond epic. I wish they pulled that game out against the Eagles. Well either Eagles game for that matter. 

I would be enamored with a Rosen/Darnold and Barkley combo for Cleveland. I almost never like a RB in the first considering all the talent in the 2nd/3rd the last few years, but Barkley is special. Use the three 2nds to add a WR and some secondary help. 

I'd draft QB at #1, try a HARD SELL for the 2nd best QB with Pick #2 to someone like the NY Giants who may be willing to trade up after leveraging it elsewhere (to another team who wants/needs a QB), and then draft BPA position players and have another high pick or two in my back pocket.

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd draft QB at #1, try a HARD SELL for the 2nd best QB with Pick #2 to someone like the NY Giants who may be willing to trade up after leveraging it elsewhere (to another team who wants/needs a QB), and then draft BPA position players and have another high pick or two in my back pocket.

You guys aren't getting 1 and 2. Let's be serious. Giants will take a QB at 2, then there is the option of a trade up to 3 for Mayfield tbh. If you have 3/4. I think you need to stay put and grab Barkley or a blue chip player in the secondary

If the Colts end up with 2, they will probably take a trade down with the Giants/ Redskins(if no Kirk)/ Jets/ Broncos/ Dolphins/ Cardinals, and you guys would stay at 3/4

I don't think Dorsey will trade down one of those picks out of the top 5. He has a target in mind, and he has more than enough draft capital. If you need to, move one of the 2nds for a 2nd next year. Cleveland has done enough with "the haul". Now you spend

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

You guys aren't getting 1 and 2. Let's be serious.

I wasn't being serious. I have no intentions of being serious. If I'm serious, than I shouldn't post on this site as a Browns fan. If not for hypotheticals and "what if" scenarios, there'd be really no point. I think that they end up with Picks 1 and 4 if I'm being serious, MAYBE pick 3 at the highest. Technically if the NY Giants won out and the Texans lost out, it would happen...but that's not realistic.

Giants will take a QB at 2, then there is the option of a trade up to 3 for Mayfield tbh. If you have 3/4. I think you need to stay put and grab Barkley or a blue chip player in the secondary

I'm personally against drafting a RB that high. Plus, this RB class is so deep with Guice, Love, Chubb, and others that I'd hate the value. Fitzpatrick intrigues me and some love the idea of a Garrett/Chubb defensive end combination here.

If the Colts end up with 2, they will probably take a trade down with the Giants/ Redskins(if no Kirk)/ Jets/ Broncos/ Dolphins/ Cardinals, and you guys would stay at 3/4

That Week 17 showdown between Indianapolis and Houston will have me on the edge of my seat. LET'S GO COLTS!

I don't think Dorsey will trade down one of those picks out of the top 5.

It depends on who is there/who they've picked. If they have their QBOTF, I could see them trading down if Fitzpatrick was gone and Chubb were there, not wanting to double down on the DE spot in back to back years with Ogbah at DE who is already very good and only in his 2nd year. I wouldn't be surprised either way to be honest.

He has a target in mind, and he has more than enough draft capital. If you need to, move one of the 2nds for a 2nd next year. Cleveland has done enough with "the haul". Now you spend

Again, it comes down to whether or not they've already gotten their QB and how they've done in free agency in a few positions. They shouldn't/won't reach on a player of need in the Top 5 and would be better served trading back (a little bit, not WAY back), still getting a great player, and planning for the future. Goodness knows they're still a long ways off...and yet if they get their QB they'll have a decent looking offense.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I wasn't being serious. I have no intentions of being serious. If I'm serious, than I shouldn't post on this site as a Browns fan. If not for hypotheticals and "what if" scenarios, there'd be really no point. I think that they end up with Picks 1 and 4 if I'm being serious, MAYBE pick 3 at the highest. Technically if the NY Giants won out and the Texans lost out, it would happen...but that's not realistic.

I'm personally against drafting a RB that high. Plus, this RB class is so deep with Guice, Love, Chubb, and others that I'd hate the value. Fitzpatrick intrigues me and some love the idea of a Garrett/Chubb defensive end combination here.

That Week 17 showdown between Indianapolis and Houston will have me on the edge of my seat. LET'S GO COLTS!

It depends on who is there/who they've picked. If they have their QBOTF, I could see them trading down if Fitzpatrick was gone and Chubb were there, not wanting to double down on the DE spot in back to back years with Ogbah at DE who is already very good and only in his 2nd year. I wouldn't be surprised either way to be honest.

Again, it comes down to whether or not they've already gotten their QB and how they've done in free agency in a few positions. They shouldn't/won't reach on a player of need in the Top 5 and would be better served trading back (a little bit, not WAY back), still getting a great player, and planning for the future. Goodness knows they're still a long ways off...and yet if they get their QB they'll have a decent looking offense.

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

I almost never like a RB in the first considering all the talent in the 2nd/3rd the last few years, but Barkley is special.

Just wanted to point this out from my previous post. I don't like the idea of a RB that early either, but if you can get a "better prospect" than Zeke, I think you take it. 

I am of the opinion, from watching a handful of Cleveland games, that they are being held back in 4 spots. The QB (by A LOT), the receivers due to suspension/injuries, the secondary minus McCourty, and the coach. OL, DL, LB are all above average in the NFL. I don't think Darnold or Rosen solve that day 1, they will need to develop. If they are looking to compete next year for anything, they could go back to McCown who showed he still has life and could elevate that poor on paper Jets offense. But adding a WR in the 2nd round, as we've seeni n recent years, paired with Gordon, Coleman, and Njoku moves them to a top 10 receiving core imo. Barkley adds to that. The secondary needs a free agent, maybe Prince or Tru, and a high pick. Then get rid of Hue.

Just wanted to point this out from my previous post. I don't like the idea of a RB that early either, but if you can get a "better prospect" than Zeke, I think you take it. 

I won't be angry or anything. We'd arguably get the best position player in the draft. I like Barkley a lot and would be happy. I'd just love it to play out a little differently, but I certainly won't complain.

I am of the opinion, from watching a handful of Cleveland games, that they are being held back in 4 spots. The QB (by A LOT), the receivers due to suspension/injuries, the secondary minus McCourty, and the coach. OL, DL, LB are all above average in the NFL. I don't think Darnold or Rosen solve that day 1, they will need to develop. If they are looking to compete next year for anything, they could go back to McCown who showed he still has life and could elevate that poor on paper Jets offense. But adding a WR in the 2nd round, as we've seeni n recent years, paired with Gordon, Coleman, and Njoku moves them to a top 10 receiving core imo. Barkley adds to that. The secondary needs a free agent, maybe Prince or Tru, and a high pick. Then get rid of Hue.

You're pretty 100% spot on here. They are mis-utilizing Peppers by literally playing him 25+ yards off of the ball as a FS when he's a SS all the way. McCourty has been VERY good, but he's getting a little older, and Jamar Taylor is atrocious. If they were to get:

1. Darnold, or even Rosen

3-5. Barkley

...AND BOTH were to pan out, they'd have a positive franchise changing draft. 

If someway/somehow they could get a big bodied possession WR/Red Zone threat and a true ballhawk at FS, they would have a very nice and very young roster full of quality core players...which is hard to believe considering how bad their record is.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

You're pretty 100% spot on here. They are mis-utilizing Peppers by literally playing him 25+ yards off of the ball as a FS when he's a SS all the way. McCourty has been VERY good, but he's getting a little older, and Jamar Taylor is atrocious. If they were to get:

1. Darnold, or even Rosen

3-5. Barkley

...AND BOTH were to pan out, they'd have a positive franchise changing draft. 

If someway/somehow they could get a big bodied possession WR/Red Zone threat and a true ballhawk at FS, they would have a very nice and very young roster full of quality core players...which is hard to believe considering how bad their record is.

Luckily there are some solid safeties in this class. Peppers is such an interesting kid, because he is small to be playing in the box, but doesn't have the range/experience to be playing deep middle. It seems more likely that Gregg Williams knew the Browns would be awful this year, and is putting Jabrill there for him to learn something, considering he played everywhere in college. But what do I know. He should be closer to the ball where he can make more plays. Getting a FS either with the second 1st round pick, or one of the 2nds, will help with that.

Cleveland's situation seems so fun (from an outside perspective obviously lol) because it's like playing a Madden franchise. Start with a ton of youth, have two top 5 picks and 3 2nds, a ton of cap space. As long as you leave the first round with two top 10 prospects, where one of them is a QB and the other is either a game changer like Barkley, or a playmaker in the secondary, I will be happy. If you take a lineman on either side of the ball I will be bummed out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived