John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

7 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

He’s got 1.75 years to get it right. 

That is an awfully high estimate. He fired Shurmur after 4-5 games, Chud after 1 season, Pettine after 2 seasons. Heckart was a few games. I can't even keep track anymore. I would bet Jimmy's average is less than 1.75 years. The guy is an out of control lunatic.

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Won’t happen 

Don't want it to but seriously that happened extremely fast. And if seems fishy they are so quick to say they have satisfied the rooney rule but left it at just that...no names. If they really did then why did they not say after hiring Minority Joe, Joe Banner and Minority Jim we felt John Dorsey was the best fit?

I don't really have any thoughts on this hiring. Didn't we not have a GM? Wasn't Sashi's title something different?  What's so bad about hiring this guy while keeping on Sashi?

At least he was ousted in KC for sticking to his guns. Hopefully he has the gonads to kick Hue to the curb and tell Haslam to keep away. 

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

As long as we interviewed someone we will be fine 

That is the part I have a hard time believing. I don't agree with the idiotic rule either. I just don't believe they went by the rules here(hmm a major characteristic of Jimmy Haslam).

2 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Don't want it to but seriously that happened extremely fast. And if seems fishy they are so quick to say they have satisfied the rooney rule but left it at just that...no names. If they really did then why did they not say after hiring Minority Joe, Joe Banner and Minority Jim we felt John Dorsey was the best fit?

But it wasn’t quickly. Shefter said this has been in the works for weeks. It takes 30 minutes to interview someone. We’re fine. 

Archived