Game 6: Detroit Lions (4-1) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1)

Louis Friend

The things I see as being important:

1.  Forcing Baker Mayfield into mistakes

2.  Do not run at Vita Vea!

3.  Don't under-estimate their secondary (S Antoine Winfield Jr, CB Jamel Dean and CB Carlton Davis)

4.  Do not under-estimate their WRs.  Mike Evans can be dominant in stretches.  Chris Godwin is a pretty good slot WR.  Brian Branch and Kerby Joseph need to play well in this game.

9 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

He might not, but I guarantee his speed does.

How fast he can run block? That's all he's proven he can do.

He is notorious for having bad hands. All he has is speed. 

Until he does more I highly doubt anyone comes in keying on Jamo. They have worse issues with Laporta, Montgomery, ASB and Reynolds. Heck Gibbs is more of a threat. Jamo is easily 6th at best in terms of what teams are worrying about on offense 

9 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

How fast he can run block? That's all he's proven he can do.

He is notorious for having bad hands. All he has is speed. 

Until he does more I highly doubt anyone comes in keying on Jamo. They have worse issues with Laporta, Montgomery, ASB and Reynolds. Heck Gibbs is more of a threat. Jamo is easily 6th at best in terms of what teams are worrying about on offense 

He can run block and he cannot catch, I'll grant those two things. However, if he catches 1 in 10 balls thrown his way you need to account for him. I'm not saying key a game plan around him, but account for him. I never liked the pick of Jameson and like it less looking back on it, but that is besides the point. It doesn't take away from the fact if your corner can't keep up with him when Jameson is sent, which most can't, then you need to send a safety over the top. That loosens everything else up down the field. That part of his game and Lions game plan I respect. And I'm perfectly fine if Jamo doesn't get all the hype if it means we are moving chains elsewhere and scoring TD's elsewhere.

I am mad this game isn't later in the year.  We are heading down to Tampa for a couple weeks in November and was hoping when I saw we were at TB, it would be then.  

As for the game, this is going to be tougher than initially expected but I think we should win.  Tampa has been good on both sides, slowing down the Vikings and Eagles and shutting down the Saints completely.  They have scored against everyone except the Eagles and Baker is playing well. Coming off their bye week could be tough but also we have some positive momentum going and should come to play.  

Baker can move so his scrambling makes me nervous as it had with Geno and Mahomes.  Our DBs are depleted again so stopping Evans and Godwin will be tough.  Have to hope we get pressure and don't let Baker get comfortable.  

On offense, we hopefully will get ARSB back this week.  Tampa is middle of the league against WRs and TEs and slightly above average against the run so we likely will have another balanced attack and try to control the time of possession.  

• Like 2

LIONS O VS TB DEF

• Pass - 88.6
  • Rec - 77.3 [68.1 Cov] > +9.2
  • Pblk - 74.4 [73.6 Prsh] > + 0.8
  • Run - 77.2 [58.2 Tkl] > + 19.0
  • Rblk - 72.5 [44.4 RDef] + 28.1

Diff = +57.1

TB O VS LIONS DEF

• Pass - 72.6
  • Rec - 71.6 [77.1 Cov] > +5.5
  • Pblk - 76.3 [70.8 Prsh] > - 5.5