Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

pwny

5 hours ago, RidiculousJames said:

1. Jurassic Park

2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park

3. Jurassic World

4. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

5. Jurassic Park 3

Probably how I've got them ranked at the minute. STOP IT WITH THE CHEESINESS JURASSIC WORLD, I go in expecting it but it's so annoying, the first ones weren't like that but you know you're gonna get it now. There was one character in particular who was only there for 'comic' relief, I'd have happily had him ravaged by raptors in minute one.

Really? I would rather it had been "I am woman veterinarian, hear me roar"

On 6/27/2018 at 3:23 AM, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much guaranteed to love any Jurassic Park/World movie much like I am with the Scream franchise but this is easily the weakest one since Jurassic Park 3. I'd rank them;

1. Jurassic Park
2. Jurassic World
3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
4. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
5. Jurassic Park 3

I agree with all of this including the ranking

Some of you are being too hard on it.  It wasn't great, but it had dinosaurs and some pretty great scenes.  Wish they wouldn't have taken it off the island because I feel like the movies belong on an island.  I'd also agree it was the worst other than Jurassic Park 3, but it was still pretty damn enjoyable and I really liked it. 

15 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Wish they wouldn't have taken it off the island because I feel like the movies belong on an island. 

yeah. i didn't think dinos crashing around inside a dark mansion was as interesting or eye catching as doing it in a jungle setting in the sunshine.

Just now, vike daddy said:

yeah. i didn't think dinos crashing around inside a dark mansion was as interesting or eye catching as doing it in a jungle setting in the sunshine.

Felt like Bayona wanted to make Jurassic Park his own instead of putting his own spin on Jurassic Park.  That beginning scene with the T-rex showing up in the lightning and that last scene with the T-Rex and the other carnivore type dinosaur that looks like a T-Rex with horns were both really good.  He should have kept it on the island and made a lot of night scenes.  I think the movie would have been received MUCH better if he'd done that.

And this isn't just a reaction to this movie.  I feel like The Lost World: Jurassic Park loses everything the minute they get off the island. 

The only reason I consider Jurassic Park 3 the worst of the series is because of the dream sequence that completely wrecks the raptor for me.  I have to fast forward that part every time I watch it because it's probably a top ten most hated scene for me. 

I'm thinking the Indoraptor smiling might get close to that territory for me.  Really hated that. 

The whole first half of the movie felt rushed, too.  Like they were just getting the island over with or something.  I think if the entire movie had actually been about saving the dinosaurs to actually get them to a new island with the volcano as the backdrop, the movie would have been extremely good, and that T-Rex roar with that music and the volcano erupting... Could have become an iconic movie scene. 

Less impressed with it after waking up today. 

The movie has a lot of faults, but it also had enough great scenes and moments to make it the type of movie I'll watch a lot of times. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 9:44 PM, Outpost31 said:

Some of you are being too hard on it.  It wasn't great, but it had dinosaurs and some pretty great scenes.  Wish they wouldn't have taken it off the island because I feel like the movies belong on an island.  I'd also agree it was the worst other than Jurassic Park 3, but it was still pretty damn enjoyable and I really liked it. 

Apparently, I disagree with you on more than just the Broncos having more talent than the Vikings.  :D  I'm not sure exactly where these great scenes were.  It was rather uneventful as far as I was concerned.  

Just now, disaacs said:

Apparently, I disagree with you on more than just the Broncos having more talent than the Vikings.  :D  I'm not sure exactly where these great scenes were.  It was rather uneventful as far as I was concerned.  

I really liked the scene with the T-Rex and the volcano in the background.  I also loved the scene with the allosaurus lurking only for the guy to get killed by the T-Rex, then the allosaurus sneaking in for his half.  There were a few other good moments ruined by the newest class of unnecessary character types (effeminate men who scream like small children).

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I really liked the scene with the T-Rex and the volcano in the background.  I also loved the scene with the allosaurus lurking only for the guy to get killed by the T-Rex, then the allosaurus sneaking in for his half.  There were a few other good moments ruined by the newest class of unnecessary character types (effeminate men who scream like small children).

I believe that was Carnotaurus not Allosaurus 

Archived