We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

Carolina, Arizona, Chicago, Denver, NYG

These are the teams that are worse in the standings.  With games against Carolina and NYG there's a small chance that the packers can actually get the #1 pick.

Lose to the vikings and I think this is the best course to chart.  MLF wouldn't go along with it, so it'll never happen.  But it would be for the best.

18 hours ago, StatKing said:

We are gonna have a top 5 pick. No way we can just ignore QB completely. 

I believe we are likely to draft another QB in '24.   In my first attempt at a mock I did not.

GB
    Joe Alt
    OT Notre Dame
    GB
    Troy Franklin
    WR Oregon
    GB
    Tommy Eichenberg
    LB Ohio State
    trade icon
    GB
    Braelon Allen
    RB Wisconsin
    GB
    Jaden Hicks
    S Washington State
    trade icon
    GB
    Kris Jenkins
    DT Michigan
    GB
    T'Vondre Sweat
    DT Texas
    GB
    Erick All
    TE Iowa

16 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Carolina, Arizona, Chicago, Denver, NYG

These are the teams that are worse in the standings.  With games against Carolina and NYG there's a small chance that the packers can actually get the #1 pick.

Lose to the vikings and I think this is the best course to chart.  MLF wouldn't go along with it, so it'll never happen.  But it would be for the best.

Arizona (1 - 6) remaining schedule: vs. BAL, @ CLE, vs. ATL, @ HOU, vs. LAR, @ PIT, vs. SF, @ CHI, vs. PHI, vs. SEA

Carolina (0 - 6) remaining schedule: vs. HOU, vs. IND, @ CHI, vs. DAL, @ TEN, @ TAM, @ NO, vs. ATL, vs. GB, @ JAX, vs. TAM

Chicago (2 - 5) remaining schedule: @ LAC, @ NO, vs. CAR, @ DET, @ MIN, vs. DET, @ CLE, vs. ARI, vs. ATL, @ GB

Denver (2 - 5) remaining schedule: vs. KC, @ BUF, vs. MIN, vs. CLE, @ HOU, @ LAC, @ DET, vs. NE, vs. LAC, @ LVR

New York Giants (2 - 5) remaining schedule: vs. NYJ, @ LVR, @ DAL, @ WAS, vs. NE, vs. GB, @ NO, @ PHI, vs. LAR, vs. PHI.

Green Bay (2 - 4) remaining schedule: vs. MIN, vs. LAR, @ PIT, vs. LAC, @ DET, vs. KC, @ NYG, vs. TAM, @ CAR, @ MIN, vs. CHI

The biggest obstacle facing the Packers getting #1 from Carolina (Chicago) is that I don't see many paths for the Panthers to win three or more games (since SOS is what matters for draft order). The Cardinals playing Murray could help them find some wins, and the other teams have shown juuuust enough to make me think they won't lose out. But the Panthers. Yeesh.

5 minutes ago, Striker said:

The biggest obstacle facing the Packers getting #1 from Carolina (Chicago) is that I don't see many paths for the Panthers to win three or more games (since SOS is what matters for draft order). The Cardinals playing Murray could help them find some wins, and the other teams have shown juuuust enough to make me think they won't lose out. But the Panthers. Yeesh.

they *could* beat houston and indy and chicago and Tennessee and Tampa.  Just 1 of those games, then beat GB itself.

GB has the edge in SOS right now right?  In fact they are way ahead.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Edited by skibrett15

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

they *could* beat houston and indy and chicago and Tennessee and Tampa.  Just 1 of those games, then beat GB itself.

GB has the edge in SOS right now right?  In fact they are way ahead.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I'm actually surprised the Packers have the worse SOS, but the Panthers have played Miami and Detroit, so that's boosting them. It could be tight as the season closes, since Dallas and maybe the Jaguars could make the Panthers path harder while the Packers have KC and Pittsburgh up there. I still feel like you need to see Carolina win at least one more (two, ideally) to have a good shot at it.

38 minutes ago, Striker said:

I'm actually surprised the Packers have the worse SOS, but the Panthers have played Miami and Detroit, so that's boosting them. It could be tight as the season closes, since Dallas and maybe the Jaguars could make the Panthers path harder while the Packers have KC and Pittsburgh up there. I still feel like you need to see Carolina win at least one more (two, ideally) to have a good shot at it.

There's almost 0 shot - because the packers will play to win every game and they are more talented team than carolina

Remember how GB has ABSOLUTELY NO SHOT at Williams....it's amazing how quick life can come at you...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-caleb-williams-losing-his-grip-on-the-no-1-overall-pick/ar-AA1iEQqi

Now, I'm aware that this is journalism, not scouting, but I feel like scouts can be as fickle as anyone. And I will always remember how the Dolphins were "tanking for Tua" with the first overall pick, finished 5-11 and still got Tua at the #5 pick. 

I still think we need to see the season play out but Love doesn't look promising and the only QB who has that magical combo of "potentially elite" and "relatively young" who may be obtainable without deep-sixing a franchise's drafters for 2-3 yrs is....Kyler Murray

• Like 1

The second Caleb Williams has a pro day or even a combine weigh in, he's going right back up to consensus #1 overall pick.

QB's get vaulted up.  Unless the dude gets caught doing something criminally wrong, or has a severe injury, he's going to be at the top of the draft.

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The second Caleb Williams has a pro day or even a combine weigh in, he's going right back up to consensus #1 overall pick.

QB's get vaulted up.  Unless the dude gets caught doing something criminally wrong, or has a severe injury, he's going to be at the top of the draft.

If we're in position to pick Caleb or Maye, hope we trade that pick for a fortune. With the Panthers-Bears trade as a baseline, 2 top 10 picks and a top WR would speed rush this rebuild. I still believe if we give Love a good OL and running game he can be successful. His passer rating on play action is amongst the best in the league. 

• Like 2