We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

59 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

This is the year to break from orthodoxy and take a WR in round 1 in Harrison Jr.

and then he will miss the first 8 games with a hamstring injury.

Offensive line is the worst it’s been since McCarthy took over, we don’t have a single game changer on defense, our QB has thrown 5 touchdowns to 8 interceptions since week two, has been under 6 yards per attempt in three games this season, has frequently whiffed on wide open deep balls, short balls, medium balls and screen passes to very open receivers we already have and you think a WR is the direction the Packers need to go in their first top 5 pick since AJ Hawk?

If our first round pick happens in the top five and it’s any position other than OT, EDGE, DL or QB, we will become a habitually bad team.

• Like 2

Just done a draft on PFN.

Packers are down as drafting 6th overall.

WR Marvin Harrison Jr was there at 6 and so was OT Fashanu (NYG took Alt before him). I traded down one spot with the Colts (and got their 2025 2nd rounder) and both were still on board at pick 7 (Colts took Jared Verse). So:

7      WR Marvin Harrison  - Ohio State
38    OT Amarius Mims - Georgia
50     C  Cedric Van Pran  - Georgia
70     S  Cole Bishop - Utah
102   DT Dontay Corleone - Cincinnati (watch out for his family)
134   LB Omar Speights  - LSU
166   OG Christian Mahogany - Boston (good name, btw)
Didn't bother with round 7.

In a real draft I think several of these guys might go just before the Packers take them (see Harrison, Van Pran and Speights), but when you are having a bad season, its good to dream. Unfortunately, no RB was taken and I think the Packers need one.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive