We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

Just now, vegas492 said:

Lol.  My comment was tongue in cheek.  

Yours, though, is factual.

I watched a little of the Ohio St.-WI game. MHR looked good, but truly great? Not sure. He's not all that big.  I would take either of the top two QBs over him, but, and I am serious, the next three picks need to be two Ts and a G. (As you know, I'm a big proponent of moving Tom to C.) 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:22 PM, skibrett15 said:

doesn't matter who is picking in what slot - some team will trade up to 1 to take caleb williams.

Not a given, but I’d agree the odds are in favor of that. 

Id hope the Packers do that for as cheap as possible at this point although I’m definitely going to watch 40+ hours of games on QBs this year in an attempt to talk myself into hope for 2024 being guys that aren’t named “Caleb”.

If Marvin Harrison Jr isn’t a future HOFer it’s injuries that occur as a pro. 

If I were Gute, I’d trade two entire drafts worth of picks to get those two players and I’d have an UDFA slugfest to fill out the roster. Ditka style.

6 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I watched a little of the Ohio St.-WI game. MHR looked good, but truly great? Not sure. He's not all that big.  I would take either of the top two QBs over him, but, and I am serious, the next three picks need to be two Ts and a G. (As you know, I'm a big proponent of moving Tom to C.) 

See, and I thought it was wild how it seemed like his 120+ yards and 2 TDs felt “quiet” and that he could have had even more if his QB wasn’t relatively limited by comparison. I can recall at least 3 passes that were overthrown and would have been first downs. A testament to how good the player is. 

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

When is Nix going off the board?  I know he's an old rookie, but that guy can play.  He could be a great value on his rookie deal for someone who plugs him in right away.

Mid to late 1st? 
I’m honestly tempted in the 2nd round, but don’t think he makes it 

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

See, and I thought it was wild how it seemed like his 120+ yards and 2 TDs felt “quiet” and that he could have had even more if his QB wasn’t relatively limited by comparison. I can recall at least 3 passes that were overthrown and would have been first downs. A testament to how good the player is. 

Which is why if we stick with Love I want him taken this year.  Him or possibly Keon Coleman if the Panthers or someone else grab him first.

He's ripping up the scoreboard with Kyle McCord, a QB who's far worse than Love, and I'd say he'd look great in green and gold.

Agreed. This is obviously OT or Marvin Harrison Jr. territory.  Only way we look at QB is if we are legit Caleb William contenders.  If we are picking first overall, we have to entertain it.  If we are second, we hold Maye for a king's ransom and make sure we trade back to a position no worse than Alt territory.

11 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

6th overall is definitely Marvin Harrison Jr territory or even 2nd overall.

No it isn't too high to pick WRs

Anyone who thinks anything except 1st overall is too high for Marvin Harrison Jr is straight up looney tunes.  If we took him second overall nobody should flinch at that.  No one.  That said, trade back for Alt is a fine alternative too.  But those are pretty much the two options right now.  Unless........first overall, its gotta be Caleb then.

• Like 1