We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

13 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Anyone who thinks anything except 1st overall is too high for Marvin Harrison Jr is straight up looney tunes.  If we took him second overall nobody should flinch at that.  No one.  That said, trade back for Alt is a fine alternative too.  But those are pretty much the two options right now.  Unless........first overall, its gotta be Caleb then.

Caleb Williams is a hell of a quarterback. He gives me a weird vibe, like he's a bit of a flake. Don't know what it is, but it's there for sure for me. Maybe it was the black nail polish last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

Caleb Williams is a hell of a quarterback. He gives me a weird vibe, like he's a bit of a flake. Don't know what it is, but it's there for sure for me. Maybe it was the black nail polish last year. 

I can handle weird.  Fine with me.  Rodgers was weird.  Give me all that weird if he's half the QB Rodgers is.  Ill deal with crazy girlfriend and family drama.  Ill deal with Peru and Ecuador excursions.  Just play QB like a boss.  If we want normal but sucky.......Love or Tannehill I guess.

31 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Lots of talk about him wanting team ownership .. stuff that really isn't feasible.  I know his dad is heavily involved in his business dealings, and I wouldn't be surprised if they really hardlined a team like the Packers.  Drake Maye might be more our style anyway. 

1 hour ago, HeresAGuy said:

Anyone who thinks anything except 1st overall is too high for Marvin Harrison Jr is straight up looney tunes.  If we took him second overall nobody should flinch at that.  No one.  That said, trade back for Alt is a fine alternative too.  But those are pretty much the two options right now.  Unless........first overall, its gotta be Caleb then.

If my choices are taking Marvin Harrison Jr. at 2 or trading down and getting a boatload of picks in return and taking someone like Joe Alt, I'm taking the latter every time and then some.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Lots of talk about him wanting team ownership .. stuff that really isn't feasible.  I know his dad is heavily involved in his business dealings, and I wouldn't be surprised if they really hardlined a team like the Packers.  Drake Maye might be more our style anyway. 

Lots of clickbait articles being recycled, and then being presented as being factual based.  It's not legal in the CBA.  This is like TMZ-style journalism.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Lots of clickbait articles being recycled, and then being presented as being factual based.  It's not legal in the CBA.  This is like TMZ-style journalism.

Rodgers reportedly wanted a piece of the Jets.  The NFL said No Dice.

43 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I honestly can't believe how many are taking that nonsense as legit reporting.

• Like 1

Just for the record, I wasn't talking about those things about Williams. There is something about this kid that is off to me. Call it quirky or what you may but he concerns me he might turn into a headcase. Not Ryan Leaf headcase, but a headcase. Carson Wentz perhaps where his teammates really can't stand the guy. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Just for the record, I wasn't talking about those things about Williams. There is something about this kid that is off to me. Call it quirky or what you may but he concerns me he might turn into a headcase. Not Ryan Leaf headcase, but a headcase. Carson Wentz perhaps where his teammates really can't stand the guy. 

Winning trumps all. If he comes in and produces nobody is going to complain about him being a ****.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers reportedly wanted a piece of the Jets.  The NFL said No Dice.

There’s a salary cap. And it’s more bulletproof than the United States constitution. There is absolutely no way to pay a player outside of it. The NFL wouldn’t even have to tell Caleb or Aaron no. His agent would immediately tell him that isn’t possible.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

If my choices are taking Marvin Harrison Jr. at 2 or trading down and getting a boatload of picks in return and taking someone like Joe Alt, I'm taking the latter every time and then some.

Enough of this. We need playmakers.

Take MHJ please. No need for boatload of picks who are useless. 

Take generational talent. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yep agree.  If Maye is there I'm taking him though.  

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Agree, Harrison Jr is a fine football player, but it doesn't matter if you don't have a QB who can get him the ball.  You first need to build a line to help the running game and the passing game.