We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

36 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Enough of this. We need playmakers.

Take MHJ please. No need for boatload of picks who are useless. 

Take generational talent. 

Marvin Harrison Jr. doens't fix Josh Myers blowing blocks.  It doesn't fix Rasheed Walker being terrible

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Love isn't the whole problem on offense but he is one of the problems. He is not a rookie. If he doesn't have consistency in his 3rd year in an NFL offense he never will. Best to move on and take the best young QB you like if we are in the draft position. Either that or trade down and try to add influx in talent across the entire offense (I'm still a believer that the defense isn't near as bad talent wise as it has shown under Barry). Most likely the team will still be bad and we can draft a QB in future years but if the pick is so high we get one of those top talents I don't want to fall in that Vikings category where they are good enough to never draft the next top QB but too bad to really ever compete for a title. 

Aaron Rodgers was in his 18th NFL season last year with this cast of characters and didn't have any consistency or did everyone forget that?

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Marvin Harrison Jr. doens't fix Josh Myers blowing blocks.  It doesn't fix Rasheed Walker being terrible

We're not taking a center in round 1. Find a decent LT in free agency, and draft one in round 2. Marvin Harrison Jr. fixes a whole lot of things on offense that a LT or C cannot. He' tilts coverage his way and still makes plays. 

Generational talent! There are none of those at tackle or center in this draft. 

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Aaron Rodgers was in his 18th NFL season last year with this cast of characters and didn't have any consistency or did everyone forget that?

Rodgers had a handful of "reliable" vets he wanted to keep so badly he brought some of them to NY. Cobb, Lazard, Lewis, Tonyan...

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

We're not taking a center in round 1. Find a decent LT in free agency, and draft one in round 2. Marvin Harrison Jr. fixes a whole lot of things on offense that a LT or C cannot. He' tilts coverage his way and still makes plays. 

Generational talent! There are none of those at tackle or center in this draft. 

There are two elite LT prospects in this draft, and third that people are split on.

Edited by Cpdaly23

5 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

There are two elivte LT prospects in this draft, and third that people are split on.

The argument is those "elite" LT prospects aren't special compared to any other year. There are always 1-3 similar prospects and a good number of them disappoint. 

Harrison is a better prospect than any WR in the last few years. 

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Going to take more than one year to be SF or Philly caliber.

You don't need to fix all the holes in year one. Dalton Risner was sitting there until Sep, Donovan Smith signed after the draft. Always FA's to be a one year patch available post-draft. 

Passing on a blue chip to fill holes is not smart. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Going to take more than one year to be SF or Philly caliber.

You don't need to fix all the holes in year one. Dalton Risner was sitting there until Sep, Donovan Smith signed after the draft. Always FA's to be a one year patch available post-draft. 

Passing on a blue chip to fill holes is not smart. 

Meme Maker - #TAB#allelujah! can i get an amen? Meme Generator!

I have a tough time picturing Gute spending a top 5 (top 3?) pick on Harrison after the WR/TE investments he's made over the past couple drafts.  Gute's team building plan requires a couple of those picks to hit, and he's going to give it some time.  I can't imagine the (potentially) highest pick GB has had in decades being added to that group so soon.

It sure would be funny though to see that kind of investment put into upgrading the WR group immediately after parting ways with Rodgers.

• Like 1

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I have a tough time picturing Gute spending a top 5 (top 3?) pick on Harrison after the WR/TE investments he's made over the past couple drafts.  Gute's team building plan requires a couple of those picks to hit, and he's going to give it some time.  I can't imagine the (potentially) highest pick GB has had in decades being added to that group so soon.

It sure would be funny though to see that kind of investment put into upgrading the WR group immediately after parting ways with Rodgers.

I've no clue which way Gute will jump...but my feel is that a plug & play OT is really necessary - and I've never been an advocate for taking one with our #1 - probably due to the fact our OL has been solid for years.

I was never a big Yosh fan - primarily because he'd been given field time in the past and always seemed to need help or was pulled for poor performance. Walker's been a disaster IMO - and I'm not an "OL guy."  

The bad route running and hands exhibited by our WRs are coachable / fixable IMO.

10 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Two of those guys hit free agency in two more years. You'd have Harrison Jr. under contract for an additional 3 years after that. To date, neither Doubs or Watson has earned a second contract. At least not to the level you'd be fearful of losing them. 

Also, look at our injury history with this group of WR. Watson is out way too much, and Doubs has been nicked up as well. We would have 4 WRs who the defense would have to account for, plus Wicks. 

You may say that is overkill, but we've invested 2-2's, a 4th and 5th in our current group. Name a contender who has invested less over the past 4-5 years?