We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

14 minutes ago, Striker said:

I think we can throw history out of the window if the Packers have a top 3 pick this year. They've never really had a shot at a WR like Julio/Megatron/Chase.

"clears his throat," we passed on Randy Moss for Vonnie Holliday. 

3 minutes ago, spilltray said:

There was good reasons to pass on Randy Moss.

Are you talking about their pretend morals? 

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

So did 19 other teams due to Moss's  legal problems. That's not the case with MHJ. I don't think teams will hold his father's issues against him. 

Randy Moss had no outstanding legal issues when he was entering the NFL. His talent was unmistakable. 

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

without knowing anything about the OT class, our first pick is going to be an OT

I'd bet money on it right now

it's gonna be an OT, the only question is which one and which pick

I hope not. There are going to be really good OTs in the 2nd round. 

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Randy Moss had no outstanding legal issues when he was entering the NFL. His talent was unmistakable. 

It's not about legal or moral issues. It's that he's a loose cannon on a pretty high level of stupid that teams don't want to have to do PR clean up behind. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yes. His talent was unmistakable. Everybody knew how good he was. Yet 20 teams passed on him. His past legal issues were still a concern to NFL teams.

After signing a letter of intent to play his college football at Notre Dame, Moss took part in a racially-motivated fight at his high school in Belle, West Virginia. Moss pled guilty to battery and received probation and a 30-day suspended jail sentence. Because of the incident, Notre Dame revoked his scholarship.

While serving a 30-day jail sentence related to the previous incident, Moss tested positive for marijuana, violating his probation. He was released from the Florida State football program and served 60 extra days in jail for the probation violation.

5 minutes ago, spilltray said:

If that's what you want to call it. It's just PR and having to apologize for someone who sometimes refuses to act like a decent human being. 

We brought Johnny Jolly back after he spent time in jail. I love Johnny Jolly and hope his life is on the right path. I was glad we brought him back. The Packers never seemed to flinch. 

Randy Moss was better behaved than Terrell Owens and so many others in the league. 

Those are all weak excuses for the mistake. Same with Warren Sapp's fall in round 1. Saap was a complete ******* too and not a HOFer as well. 

Edited by Old Guy

50 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

When are starting OL was out there week 1, an OL that most thought was one of the best in the league, which one was a top 10 pick? 1st round pick?

Sitton, Lang, Bakh and Tom have all been 4ths, Jenkins was a 2nd, Linsley was day 3. This group can evaluate OL.

I would love to get a stud OL with our high pick, but if MHJ is there I take him knowing I also can get a stud OL later as I have many times before. 

Same can be said for us and WRs. Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Davante 

I believe Reed will be the next in the long line of great WRs we take in the 2nd.