We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

Situations aren't always right for these kids either. Jalen Carter fell after partaking in insanely reckless conduct that lead to the death of UGA staff and a player and he was literally arrested in March for it. The Eagles may have been a situation that was right for him.

Like, who knows how Moss ends up personally if he ends up in the cesspool of a locker room that was the mid-90s Cowboys. Moss around Michael Irvin? You kidding? Irvin even called to apologize to him because he was the main reason why the Cowboys didn't draft Moss. 

It's not as black and white as herr derr dumb GMs. 

• Like 2

I ask myself this question: would I be more upset if the Packers take MHJ over an OT and he doesn’t pan out, or vice versa? Id feel better whiffing on him and having one of the tackles be great than taking another tackle over what seems to be a clear HOF. There are elite tackles in any draft and we may very well be in the same position to take one next year. There aren’t these types of skill position talents in every draft. 

1. take Caleb Williams if we are there

2. take MHJ if Caleb is gone and he’s there.

3. Take the best OT. 

Worst case scenario is we take a QB not named Caleb.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Situations aren't always right for these kids either. Jalen Carter fell after partaking in insanely reckless conduct that lead to the death of UGA staff and a player and he was literally arrested in March for it. The Eagles may have been a situation that was right for him.

Like, who knows how Moss ends up personally if he ends up in the cesspool of a locker room that was the mid-90s Cowboys. Moss around Michael Irvin? You kidding? Irvin even called to apologize to him because he was the main reason why the Cowboys didn't draft Moss. 

It's not as black and white as herr derr dumb GMs. 

Nonsense.  EVERYTHING is always black and white.  Context is for snowflakes.

/s <--- for the slow people in the room

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I ask myself this question: would I be more upset if the Packers take MHJ over an OT and he doesn’t pan out, or vice versa? Id feel better whiffing on him and having one of the tackles be great than taking another tackle over what seems to be a clear HOF. There are elite tackles in any draft and we may very well be in the same position to take one next year. There aren’t these types of skill position talents in every draft. 

1. take Caleb Williams if we are there

2. take MHJ if Caleb is gone and he’s there.

3. Take the best OT. 

Worst case scenario is we take a QB not named Caleb.

In an alternate universe, we fire MLF, hire Deion Sanders as HC and draft Shedeur lol. 

*not advocating this btw lol

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

The power of hindsight is strong in this one.

100% true story.

I literally cried when we drafted Holiday over Moss.

For context, I was at work, slicing up a 50 pound bag of onions with a Hobart, at the time we made the pick which may have contributed.

• Like 1

For those that are adamant in the MHJ camp, which WR are you throwing out of the rotation?  We're not going to run a lot 4 WR sets, so which WR are you effectively benching?  Is it our most consistent WR in Romeo Doubs?  Is it the biggest big play threat in Christian Watson?  Or is it the guy we just invested a SRP into in Jayden Reed?

No, I'm very aware of the context.  You argued that the Packers passed on a clearly generational talent.  If Randy Moss was truly a generational talent (both on the field and off-the-field), he wouldn't have fallen in the draft.

The bold part is bull****! He was absolutely a generational talent. What happened off the field, a few years before, doesn't gloss over how many teams made a mistake in their evaluation of him. 

Was he ever suspended while in the NFL? How about when he was at Marshall? 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The bold part is bull****! He was absolutely a generational talent. What happened off the field, a few years before, doesn't gloss over how many teams made a mistake in their evaluation of him. 

Was he ever suspended while in the NFL? How about when he was at Marshall? 

You can't selectively choose what to ignore and what not to ignore.  Even if you believe he was 100% justified in the fight in HS, knowing that you need to be squeaky clean and then busted for a failed marijuana test is a choice.  And that's coming from someone who is largely indifferent to marijuana (not a discussion for here).  He knew he was on thin ice, and he still risked it.  That's pretty much status quo for most teenage boys.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For those that are adamant in the MHJ camp, which WR are you throwing out of the rotation?  We're not going to run a lot 4 WR sets, so which WR are you effectively benching?  Is it our most consistent WR in Romeo Doubs?  Is it the biggest big play threat in Christian Watson?  Or is it the guy we just invested a SRP into in Jayden Reed?

This is a good question.  Watson is the one struggling the most right now but at the same time he's so unique.  I guess it depends on how the next 9 games go.  We could still have a top WR group in 2 years with who we've got. 

I don't think MHJ makes it long enough for us to have a chance at him regardless.  I could see a top 5 pick but I don't see top 3

43 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Deion hates GB .. he wouldn't come here under any circumstances.  

Nonsense.  He went to CU after all and this is an infinitely better (and more historic) job.  He’s not staying in CFB for long.  I don’t see him leaving CU until 2025 tho.

I remember him siding with GB over Rodgers during Covid but other than us picking Mandarich  over him 30+ yrs ago, not sure what you’re basing this so called hatred on. 

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't really have an opinion on MHJ in particular but if you're considering taking a WR in the top 5 I honestly don't think our current guys change that at all. 

• Like 2

Just pick one out of a hat and move on. From the moment he steps on the field at the first OTA, Harrison would be a better possession guy than Doubs, better deep threat than Watson and better slot player than Reed. We're not talking about fitting in Tee Higgins or Brandon Aiyuk here, Harrison is likely going to be an instant Pro Bowl level player. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 2

In a world where MHJ is on the roster, I am benching Doubs and not losing any sleep over it.  I feel like I'm always going to want to be upgrading him anyway.

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In a world where MHJ is on the roster, I am benching Doubs and not losing any sleep over it.  I feel like I'm always going to want to be upgrading him anyway.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Just pick one out of a hat and move on. From the moment he steps on the field at the first OTA, Harrison would be a better possession guy than Doubs, better deep threat than Watson and better slot player than Reed. We're not talking about fitting in Tee Higgins or Brandon Aiyuk here, Harrison is likely going to be an instant Pro Bowl level player. 

Congrats, you've either benched our most consistent WR (Doubs), our most invested and biggest threat (Watson), or the most recent (Reed) WR.  That's excellent team building.