We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Who would you draft as Love's replacement in the 2024 draft?

The only viable answers would be Williams and Maye for where we pick currently and neither is likely to be OTB at 6.

JJ McCarthy ain't it, trust me. Just draft the older, lesser heralded version of him in Michael Pratt later. They're the same guy but I'd argue Pratt's arm is a hair better.

Penix and Nix are old.

Jayden Daniels may rise through the process but I'm still not taking him where we're likely to be drafting. 

Ewers is fun to dream on but he's all tools right now and who knows if he even comes out. Still, again, he's a later pick.

Either way, unless we draft one of the two premiere QBs, Jordan Love will be the QB in 2024.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

You have no clue what you're talking about dude. Anyone making any prognostications on Love right now, in the current situation, is misguided. 

Love may or may not be the guy but stating **** like this, on November 1st, 2023, after half a season as the #1 guy, is just beyond stupid.

Pin me in your brain if you like, Jordan Love isn’t it. He won’t ever start a playoff game. We’ll see, ultimately but if you need an anti-hero to cheer to be wrong I can be your guy. Personally I absolutely hate that I feel that way about Love, but I’m also able to remove emotion and realize we have absolutely nothing until we get a new QB. We’ll never know how good anyone else is on offense until we have that.

Find a QB, or everyone is fired after 2024 by Murphy. Gute and MLF only get this one goof year and someone is going to have to pay for it down the line and it’s going to be Love because he’s the problem.

7 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Pin me in your brain if you like, Jordan Love isn’t it. He won’t ever start a playoff game. We’ll see, ultimately but if you need an anti-hero to cheer to be wrong I can be your guy. Personally I absolutely hate that I feel that way about Love, but I’m also able to remove emotion and realize we have absolutely nothing until we get a new QB. We’ll never know how good anyone else is on offense until we have that.

Find a QB, or everyone is fired after 2024 by Murphy. Gute and MLF only get this one goof year and someone is going to have to pay for it down the line and it’s going to be Love because he’s the problem.

Yeah, you're not able to "remove emotion" if you saying "I hate the way I feel about Love" and  hyperbolic **** like "we have absolutely nothing" at QB.. I don't know how anyone, without an agenda, can watch this offense and solely put it on 10. Has he been perfect? No. Has he been "absolutely nothing?" Absolutely ******* not. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, you're not able to "remove emotion" if you saying "I hate the way I feel about Love" and  hyperbolic **** like "we have absolutely nothing" at QB.. I don't know how anyone, without an agenda, can watch this offense and solely put it on 10. Has he been perfect? No. Has he been "absolutely nothing?" Absolutely ******* not. 

Fun part is we get to see how it plays out now. I get to hope I’m wrong, you get to hope you’re right. 

But I will be on the record saying he never starts a playoff game for us. We’ve beaten the Bears, the Saints were the freak win game where a series of things go our way. We may not win another because Love isn’t getting better at all each week, teams are just getting more and more willing to make him beat them and it turns out after much speculation, he can’t.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

The only viable answers would be Williams and Maye for where we pick currently and neither is likely to be OTB at 6.

JJ McCarthy ain't it, trust me. Just draft the older, lesser heralded version of him in Michael Pratt later. They're the same guy but I'd argue Pratt's arm is a hair better.

Penix and Nix are old.

Jayden Daniels may rise through the process but I'm still not taking him where we're likely to be drafting. 

Ewers is fun to dream on but he's all tools right now and who knows if he even comes out. Still, again, he's a later pick.

Either way, unless we draft one of the two premiere QBs, Jordan Love will be the QB in 2024.

I would agree, probably Williams or Maye...or Love for me. That situation should work itself out anyways. If you're getting a shot at Williams or Maye, that means you're drafting top 3. If you're drafting top 3, it's at least more likely that's because things didn't go well for Love in the last 10 games. 

Conversely if you're not drafting top 3, that probably means you won a few more games and Love likely contributed to those wins, etc. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Penix and Nix are old.

If Jayden Daniels was there with our 2nd, that would be one I'd consider. Man has he come leaps and bounds as a passer after leaving ASU, an he's got Lamar like mobility. 

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Fun part is we get to see how it plays out now. I get to hope I’m wrong, you get to hope you’re right. 

But I will be on the record saying he never starts a playoff game for us. We’ve beaten the Bears, the Saints were the freak win game where a series of things go our way. We may not win another because Love isn’t getting better at all each week, teams are just getting more and more willing to make him beat them and it turns out after much speculation, he can’t.

The offense as a whole has regressed and it starts with playcalling and execution. It doesn't all fall on Love, my man. This entire exchange just shows me that you can't properly evaluate within the necessary context. The entire offense is a mess right now. How much better does Love look if guys are running the right routes, catching passes or making plays? How much better does he look if the OL is blocking? He has had poor moments, as any first year starter does, but this idea that he's been "absolutely nothing" (your words) is just flat out wrong. 

Would you have given up on Josh Allen after his first season as a starter? Or does he get a pass because he was a true rookie? 

Carsen Palmer had a 1/1 TD INT ratio as a 1st year starter after sitting behind Jon Kitna and he was throwing the football to Chad Johnson and TJH. He was also a 24/25 year old first year starter. 

These guys don't just come out the gates firing, dude. And they especially don't do it when they have historically young offenses around them. 

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

If Jayden Daniels was there with our 2nd, that would be one I'd consider. Man has he come leaps and bounds as a passer after leaving ASU, an he's got Lamar like mobility. 

We'd probably have to get back into the 1st for him.

58 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Of course they're going to make Love beat them, we run the ball for 80 yards a game at 3.8 a pop. The hell would gear up to stop that instead???

You're a smart guy, not sure how you can have any sort of strong take on Love with the ****show that's been the other 10 players on the O surrounding him through this 4 game streak. It's been brutally bad performances. Including one from Jordan in LV. He was not on the issue list vs Minny or Denver. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Who knows, teams could prefer Nix, Penix, McCarthy, Sanders, etc... QB class is crazy. 

Nix and Penix are old. McCarthy, sure, but he ain't it. Sanders ain't coming out this year IMO. 

Daniels may very well push for QB3 by the end of the process. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nix and Penix are old. McCarthy, sure, but he ain't it. Sanders ain't coming out this year IMO. 

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, is there like data that says don't draft 24 year old QBs?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Nah, it's NFL GM's were talking about here. The ones who've let Bortles, Weeden, Ponder, Freeman, Manziel, Jones, Lynch, get drafted high while better QB's fall. Like half these guys have their jobs because their dad was in a FO lol. 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, is there like data that says don't draft 24 year old QBs?

There's not a very good track record to taking them early anyways. Off the top of my head, the best QB age 24 or older taken in the 1st Round is probably Ryan Tannehill. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nah, it's NFL GM's were talking about here. The ones who've let Bortles, Weeden, Ponder, Freeman, Manziel, Jones, Lynch, get drafted high while better QB's fall. Like half these guys have their jobs because their dad was in a FO lol. 

Aidan O'Connell is about to be a starting NFL QB ffs. I just don't get these dudes, man. I watched probably more Purdue football than any non-Purdue fan out there and the last thing I ever thought was that kid was an NFL QB. 

• Like 1