We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Aidan O'Connell is about to be a starting NFL QB ffs. I just don't get these dudes, man. I watched probably more Purdue football than any non-Purdue fan out there and the last thing I ever thought was that kid was an NFL QB. 

SEAN CLIFFORD THOUGH BABY 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Fun part is we get to see how it plays out now. I get to hope I’m wrong, you get to hope you’re right. 

But I will be on the record saying he never starts a playoff game for us. We’ve beaten the Bears, the Saints were the freak win game where a series of things go our way. We may not win another because Love isn’t getting better at all each week, teams are just getting more and more willing to make him beat them and it turns out after much speculation, he can’t.

Strong emotional bet hedging is strong

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There's not a very good track record to taking them early anyways. Off the top of my head, the best QB age 24 or older taken in the 1st Round is probably Ryan Tannehill. 

Makes sense. If you're good you don't hang back in college that long. Maybe COVID year adjusts that a bit until those guys are out of school I guess.

Just now, Norm said:

Reading Twitter idiots talk about him starting every day kills me. 

He's the Jeff Janis of QBs except there's no actual redeeming qualities to him. Janis could at least run fast and be a great gunner. Clifford has "moxie" which is just slang for he sucks and tries hard. 

Clifford is like if Brett Favre had an inbred cousin that didn't have a rocket arm but still had the collective IQ of a turd and a koala. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's the Jeff Janis of QBs except there's no actual redeeming qualities to him. Janis could at least run fast and be a great gunner. Clifford has "moxie" which is just slang for he sucks and tries hard. 

Clifford is like if Brett Favre had an inbred cousin that didn't have a rocket arm but still had the collective IQ of a turd and a koala. 

I needed that laugh lolol thanks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

We know Clifford will be good because he played sorta well in a coupla preseason games.  

Look at our other August stars: Heath and Enagbare.  They are in the running for OPOY and DPOY, I think. 

Everyone wanted to love Clifford because everyone who watched cfb hated the pick so everyone else wanted to root for him. I hope he doesn't suck, but he does. He's fun in preseason though.

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nah, it's NFL GM's were talking about here. The ones who've let Bortles, Weeden, Ponder, Freeman, Manziel, Jones, Lynch, get drafted high while better QB's fall. Like half these guys have their jobs because their dad was in a FO lol. 

Remember when Sam Howell, Malik Willis, and Kellen Mond were going to be FRPs because teams get desperate?

On 10/31/2023 at 7:10 PM, CWood21 said:

For those that are adamant in the MHJ camp, which WR are you throwing out of the rotation?  We're not going to run a lot 4 WR sets, so which WR are you effectively benching?  Is it our most consistent WR in Romeo Doubs?  Is it the biggest big play threat in Christian Watson?  Or is it the guy we just invested a SRP into in Jayden Reed?

I would literally bench any of them for a high quality player

Doubs is the easiest and most replaceable skillset and also the least talented among the group.  So Doubs, easy, done.

Fortunately, Watson will be hurt so they can all "play"

On 10/31/2023 at 8:30 PM, CWood21 said:

Congrats, you've either benched our most consistent WR (Doubs), our most invested and biggest threat (Watson), or the most recent (Reed) WR.  That's excellent team building.

Our most consistent WR!!

I'm so sad to be cutting the snaps in half for this C+ player, oh , how ever will the franchise be successful squandering such a precious resourcee?

Let's say it's Watson - oh no!!!! whatever will we do without him on the sideline.  We invested a 2nd rounder so we must adhere to the sunk cost religious text.  I will shun all impure thoughts from the book of Jalen Raegor.