2023 NFL Trade Deadline Discussion

49ersfan

Trade deadline is Tuesday October 31. Last year there was the blockbuster CMC trade from the Panthers to the 49ers. Will there be any big trades in the next 3 weeks? 

Danielle Hunter from the Vikings? Patrick Surtain or Jerry Jeudy from the Broncos? 

Broncos should be in fire sale mode. I'd keep Surtain as he's a young piece you can build around...but just about everyone else should be available for the right price 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Danielle Hunter from the Vikings? Patrick Surtain or Jerry Jeudy from the Broncos? 

I'm keeping an eye on Surtain to Buffalo. Seems like a good short and long term fix for Tre White.

They'll empty the chamber of assets to bring in a young talent who can shut down a side of the field. This is just as much a long term move as it is for this season.

• Like 1

Trading Hunter makes a lot of sense for MN if the losses keep piling on. Still a great player but at some point they’ve got to look at acquiring assets to be able to make a move for a QB in next years draft.

Jefferson shouldn’t be part of any trade discussion. Perhaps KJ Osborn is another name to keep an eye on if things continue to go poorly for Mn. Very solid complimentary WR who’s a free agent next year. 

• Like 1

I guess we will see how the Falcons, Giants, and Eagles games go, but I still don't think I see Rivera and Co. doing anything. They know this is their one year, so the optics are more short sighted. That said, in case I am wrong:

Montez Sweat or Chase Young. One is likely gone next year. Get your pick now rather than later. Both are playing well enough to at least get what you would lose via FA.

Curtis Samuel. He is actually having an okay year, and a team that might be down an underneath speedster could use him. Can get out of his contract after this year. 

Kam Curl. I seriously doubt this, but it is a contract year. If someone was desperate for a safety, then maybe they make it happen. 

Kendall Fuller. He is in the last year of his deal as well. Didn't have a great week last week, but before that was playing well. 

Antonio Gibson. The guy who might just need a change of scenery and position. I doubt anyone comes calling, but I'd be remiss to exclude him. 

It depends on where the Rams are at by the deadline. The Rams have the Cards, BYE, then the Steelers. If the Rams are sitting at (4-3) which is very possible then I would want them to go get a Brian Burns or at the very least a Chase Young to pair with Donald and a very young but promising Byron Young. You get one of those guys added to a (4-3) team that is looking really good then that playoff push is greater and winning a playoff game MAYBE even two looks really good too. 

I think with Jefferson going on IR the Vikings are only going to struggle more, definitely expect them to move some guys. 

Danielle Hunter and Kirk Cousins make the most sense. I can't see them wanting to move Jefferson, though me might force their hand in a year's time.

Carolina, Denver, Arizona, Giants

Do any of these teams have guys that are good candidates for being traded at the deadline? I don't see Belichik as the kind of guy who'd trade away guys he thought were actually decent and lay down for a season.

Jefferson isnt going anywhere. Hes still under team control for 3 more seasons and we are set up to make him the highest paid WR is NFL history.

Danielle Hunter i could see and maybe Kirk Cousins. Kirk would have to sign off on the trade and would probably want an extension wherever he is traded to so that severely limits the teams.

I'll throw in KJ Osborn as well. FA after this year and is a good complimentary WR that could help out a contender.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Yeah like this is totally the norm here in the NFL.

Give it a year after you trade away Kirk Cousins and the team is in the toilet. Wide Receivers are divas all the time, the team will be and now you won't even have a good QB. Jefferson is due for a pay day anyway, why not force it to be on a contending team.

Unless a playoff contender loses their QB for the season in the next few weeks, is there even any team that would want to trade for Cousins at midseason? Everyone else either has their QB, is stuck paying big money to another QB, or has a young QB they're still hoping can become their guy. Falcons and Jets are the only two that come to mind but I'm not sure they would either

Edited by jonnguy2015

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Give it a year after you trade away Kirk Cousins and the team is in the toilet. Wide Receivers are divas all the time, the team will be and now you won't even have a good QB. Jefferson is due for a pay day anyway, why not force it to be on a contending team.

And posts like this arent even worth a response and you just decide to go about your day.

Have a good one.