Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

Well week 6 is upon us and we are playing that other New York team.... you know that other New York team that we have literally NEVER lost to? Eagles are flying high at 5-0 and now we are on the road to visit a Rodger-less Jets team that has at times looked decent but for the most part hasn't been very good. Our all time record vs the Jets is a perfect 12-0... we need to keep that going this weekend.

Jets obviously are starting Zach Wilson so our defense will need to do their part this week. The Jets offense is just not scary with their OL and overall pretty mediocre weapons. Hall and Wilson are good players, but passed them the Jets are lacking. Our D was red-hot in the second half at LA and I am looking for that to continue on Sunday.

The Jets D however is very talented. They have players at every level of the D that can play. Hurts and the boys will need to bring their A game and hopefully figure out how to be a bit more efficient in the redzone.

We thankfully dodged some injuries for the first time in the LA game unless something comes up mid week here. Hopefully we can get Cox back this weekend and continue to play games without losing people.

What we thinking guys? Not the sexiest matchup ever and definitely one I favor the Eagles in.... but could it be a trap? The Jets did just play the Chiefs very tight a couple weeks ago...

Should by far be the best defense we've faced thus far. Run, Pass, ect...

I am interested to see who Suace covers? Just the WR lined up on his side or the one starting having a big day, switch? 

Obviously we need to rattle Wilson early and often but stopping Hall and that running game is priority #1. 

Please don't have a WTF let down,  take for granted game looking forward to Miami in week 7. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Most confident I’ve been going into a game since last year’s Bears game, which scares me.

Wilson, with that OL, is unlikely to be able to beat us through the air. They’ll have to get the run game going to keep us on our heels and avoid 3rd & longs, and I don’t anticipate that happening with how strong our run D has been.

Definitely a strong D we’re facing, we absolutely can’t turn it over and give their offense short fields, that’s the most obvious Jets path to victory. If we protect the football, we should be able to win this one. Will be a big test for our OL as this is a large and deep DL.

Hopefully this is just precautionary and Slay will be back to practicing Thursday/Friday. Justin Evans also not practicing is somewhat notable too.

Cox back at practice.

Nakobe and Sydney limited participants. We’ll see if they can get to full participants to be able to play on Sunday.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Should by far be the best defense we've faced thus far. Run, Pass, ect...

I am interested to see who Suace covers? Just the WR lined up on his side or the one starting having a big day, switch? 

Obviously we need to rattle Wilson early and often but stopping Hall and that running game is priority #1. 

Please don't have s WTF let down,  take for granted game looking forward to Miami in week 7. 

Jets D has been surpsingly mediocre through 5 weeks

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hopefully this is just precautionary and Slay will be back to practicing Thursday/Friday. Justin Evans also not practicing is somewhat notable too.

Cox back at practice.

Nakobe and Sydney limited participants. We’ll see if they can get to full participants to 

Would love one week where we just come out of a game with no health scares but here we are...

18 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm sure that's a direct reflection of a pitiful offense keeping them on the field more.  Pretty sure Aaron Rodgers would have that offense scoring more then 18pts a gm. 

If Sauce shadows AJ around, then I'm expecting big games from DeVo and Goedert. 

Quinnen Williams is a top 3 DT in the NFL (Until Jalen Carter passes him), so need Kelce and Co bring their A-Game. Jermaine Johnson looks like he's starting to figure it out as a pass rusher, but Mailata should be able to negate him. Jets have given up the 4th most rushing yards per game so far, so hopefully should be a nice day for Swift and Jalen as runners. 

Breece Hall kind of scares me and Garrett Williams will probably find a way to get 100 yards and a td even with Zach Wilson throwing him the ball, but we should win by double digits, especially if we can get some sacks/good hits on Zach in the 1st half.

Edited by Jeezla

20 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

FWIW PFF has the Jets defense as far as combined grading of the players goes as #6 and Eagles as #14.

If we are looking at just team statistics I'm pretty sure the Jets total stats and PPG would be significantly better if they had Aaron Rodgers as their QB instead of Zach Wilson as they would have likely been on the field a lot less due to Aaron being able to sustain drives better and not turn the ball over.

Like the Jets are tied for 6th in takeaways as a defense, but their offense is also tied for 6th in giveaways.

Don't get it twisted. This Jets defense is still very talented.

Hopefully we'll be able to pressure Wilson and force some of those turnovers and our offense will be able to sustain drives with the running game and keep their defense on the field and gas them.

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If Sauce shadows AJ around, then I'm expecting big games from DeVo and Goedert. 

This is what Greg Cosell said on the Eagle Eye In The Sky Podcast:

Greg Cosell: When Reed is out there. Gardner plays left corner and Reed plays right corner. And, that's kinda the way they've played with very very very few exceptions. Every week people on social media think "well this is gonna be the week Gardner is gonna match up", but its never happened... so, again we can sit here and debate it... it becomes speculation,  but the reality is since he started day 1 as a rookie a year ago... I would bet 98% of his snaps have been at left corner.

Fran Duffy: So, not a situation where we can expect.. especially like on a down by down basis where he's necessarily gonna shadow AJ Brown.

Greg Cosell: No. I mean unless they wanna change it, but that would be a change which... anyone can speculate that, but that has not been how they have played through a year and 5 games.

So... no. I wouldn't expect Sauce to shadow AJ.

We'll probably try and get him matched up more with Reed (who is a real good corner, but much smaller than Brown) on the other side and have DeVonta go up against Sauce which is probably a tougher match-up for him than it is going against a physical guy like AJ. Would be pretty cool to see DeVonta make a big play against Sauce this week and wouldn't surprise me if he did, cause I'm sure he's pissed about only having 1 catch for 6 yards last game.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is what Greg Cosell said on the Eagle Eye In The Sky Podcast:

So... no. I wouldn't expect Sauce to shadow AJ.

We'll probably try and get him matched up more with Reed (who is a real good corner, but much smaller than Brown) on the other side and have DeVonta go up against Sauce which is probably a tougher match-up for him than it is going against a physical guy like AJ. Would be pretty cool to see DeVonta make a big play against Sauce this week and wouldn't surprise me if he did, cause I'm sure he's pissed about only having 1 catch for 6 yards last game.

I read this with Cosell's voice, only thing missing is his cliched "he's a good football player".

• Like 1