Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We definitely have some issues that need to be worked out if we want to get back to a championship level and obviously we've been more beat up by injuries this year already than we were really all of last season, but I don't think its time to sink our heads in the sand or pout. I'd prefer to get the 1 seed, but with our upcoming schedule that's probably not likely, especially with this loss. At the end of the day we just need to be playing our best ball in the second half of the schedule and healthy going into the post season and we'll have a chance. It almost never happens that the team that lost the SB makes it back though. That just makes losing that SB with the field and the lead we had hurt that much more. 

Only thing I would say here is it is just hard to get to an SB in general lol. I still think this team has the talent to make it back, but we clearly need to get better and we need to get healthier.

14 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The concepts are trash - we run the ball well, let’s proceed to pass it 40+ times. We haven’t been able to throw downfield all day, let’s run deep concepts. Brian Johnson sucks and needs to be fired. This offense will continue to suck. 

Couldn’t agree more… offensive game planning is really bad and vanilla. It works when you are way more talented than the defense but when you get a few injuries and things level out, you get what you saw today. 

This loss sucks but win next week against the Dolphins and no one cares. It happens. Although I will say, that INT by Hurts on 3rd and 10 with 2 minutes left in the 4th was very concerning. That is the only thing you cannot do in that situation. Wildly bad decision and he has a lot of INTs this year (even if all aren't his fault). 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Only thing I would say here is it is just hard to get to an SB in general lol. I still think this team has the talent to make it back, but we clearly need to get better and we need to get healthier.

Definitely. We really need Lane and Slay back next week.

I think next game will tell us a lot about this team. If they're able to regroup at home and beat a really good team like Miami after a bad loss, then I'll have more confidence about the rest of the season.

If we look anything like today offensive and lose in crappy fashion next week, then I'm gonna be a little worried heading into what should be 2 tight divisional games before the bye and the toughest stretch of the season.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am ready for all the overreactions to start. Howie can't build a roster. Jalen Hurts is a bum. Coaching sucks. Our OL is terrible. Defense is weak. Blah, blah, blah.

We lost. We played terribly. Minus four turnovers you will lose to pretty much anyone in the NFL. It is what it is. 

We are brutally banged up now after this game. It is going to be a rough stretch, but these losses happen in the NFL. Just gotta hope we can turn it around going forward and pray our injury luck improves. But go ahead and get the overreactions out, I get it.

My main gripe with this game is we just have to play cleaner. This is exactly how we lost to Washington last year. You can't turn the ball over like that and win games. Gotta fix it starting next week. Everyone needs to be better end of story.

This has been our MO all year. Sloppy play. What makes you think it’ll change? I’m not seeing any improvements in that department, the mistakes are different every week, but they’re always there and impactful enough that it keeps opponents in games (MNF vs Bucs being the only real exception where the mistakes really didn’t hurt us and we still ran away w/ it). Of course I’ll have hope that it will, that’s why I’ll watch, but this joke doesn’t feel rooted in any reason…

I do think this was one of those “everything that went wrong, did” type games and we’ll beat the weaker teams on our schedule where we can get away with mistakes but I’m very concerned how we’re going to come out of this gauntlet. Buffalo, KC, SF, Miami, Dallas, those teams at their best have all looked on a different level than we have yet to reach. Waiting for it to happen but 6 games, still no complete game, so I’m certainly concerned it’s just not coming and we’re too caught up on thinking the 2022 team is in there somewhere.

We’re a good team that just played as bad as we could offensively, but we needed to be a great team, and today makes me doubtful of that.

Either 2022 Jalen was a mirage or Brian Johnson stinks.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This has been our MO all year. Sloppy play. What makes you think it’ll change? I’m not seeing any improvements in that department, the mistakes are different every week, but they’re always there and impactful enough that it keeps opponents in games (MNF vs Bucs being the only real exception where the mistakes really didn’t hurt us and we still ran away w/ it). Of course I’ll have hope that it will, that’s why I’ll watch, but this joke doesn’t feel rooted in any reason…

I do think this was one of those “everything that went wrong, did” type games and we’ll beat the weaker teams on our schedule where we can get away with mistakes but I’m very concerned how we’re going to come out of this gauntlet. Buffalo, KC, SF, Miami, Dallas, those teams at their best have all looked on a different level than we have yet to reach. Waiting for it to happen but 6 games, still no complete game, so I’m certainly concerned it’s just not coming and we’re too caught up on thinking the 2022 team is in there somewhere.

We’re a good team that just played as bad as we could offensively, but we needed to be a great team, and today makes me doubtful of that.

Either 2022 Jalen was a mirage or Brian Johnson stinks.

Jalen Hurts LOOKS different this year. I don't think Jalen's ability has changed, but if the system he's operating within is suboptimal then he has to work with that. 

I don't know, this game feels more like BJ to me than Jalen. Gut feeling. Not absolving Jalen though.

2 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

This loss sucks but win next week against the Dolphins and no one cares. It happens. Although I will say, that INT by Hurts on 3rd and 10 with 2 minutes left in the 4th was very concerning. That is the only thing you cannot do in that situation. Wildly bad decision and he has a lot of INTs this year (even if all aren't his fault). 

Was definitely a dog **** decision, but to me it was just bad process to even pass for it to begin with. Your defense had been playing at a high level in the second half.... just run the ball and take the clock down to about a minute left and punt it and we probably are 6-0 despite a terrible showing by the offense after the Lane injury.

I get being aggressive, but I feel we were to a fault there.

27 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

How lol ? You guys gotten away with a lot of games this year since the patriots . You are what you guys are just a “ good team “ no where near elite . If this was the eagles from last year you would have blown the jets out , you guys could barely beat us and it took a controversial mclaurin no catch sideline to beat us . 

These posts are so funny cause you know this guy has been waiting so long for this moment. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Jalen Hurts LOOKS different this year. I don't think Jalen's ability has changed, but if the system he's operating within is suboptimal then he has to work with that. 

I don't know, this game feels more like BJ to me than Jalen. Gut feeling. Not absolving Jalen though.

I can literally tell you what they issue is right now. 

There’s not a single Florida fan here besides me - I’ve watched this offense, I know what it’s about. This offense works when you can athletically dominate the other team. That does not work in the NFL and it never will. Brian Johnson needs to go or a lot of you are in for a wake up call. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Delusional.  What does BJ have to do with Jalen staring right into the teeth of double coverage and throwing the ball anyway? It's bad when you get outplayed by Zach Wilson.