Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

What's crazy to me is how revisionist people are on here. Hurts was literally carrying the offense on his back the first 2 and half quarters. Yeah he absolutely melted down and played 2020 wentz terrible from then on, but to pretend he wasn't playing well the entire game just leads me to question if any of you were watching.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daimonas said:

What's crazy to me is how revisionist people are on here. Hurts was literally carrying the offense on his back the first 2 and half quarters. Yeah he absolutely melted down and played 2020 wentz terrible from then on, but to pretend he wasn't playing well the entire game just leads me to question if any of you were watching.

Yeah, Jonny who does the All-22 breakdowns on BGN said pretty much the same thing.

6 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Other than Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? 

It's solely on the offensive coordinator Johnson. Hurts absolutely carried us for most of that game.

Others blaming him is quite crazy. If you wanted to point fingers it's not on Hurts. He can't throw to himself or he probably would. Devonta had a couple crucial drops. Goedert with whatever that INT was sickening. The OL run blocking was disgusting. AJ dominated but that one bomb TD would've been a HUGE spark for everyone but still did awesome. 

The defense and Hurts are not the scapegoats. The Jets had like 20 yards in the 4th Quarter. Majority of that was us letting them score at the end. Yes hurts had one terrible INT but it literally happens to every single QB in history.

It's 1 game. It's not doomsday. The only thing that could doom us is Brian Johnson/Injuries

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, Jonny who does the All-22 breakdowns on BGN said pretty much the same thing.

That was my immediate takeaway from hurts game too. It wasn’t a bad game from hurts till the awful interception at the end. He can’t do that. That was really bad in a very meaningful moment. In fact, the whole reason you call a pass play in that moment is because you have confidence that hurts will do anything except what actually happened. Very uncharacteristic play by hurts

My house is in shambles. LOL. Last week Dak tossed three picks. This week Jalen does. 

I am going to need these two teams to fix their mess cause we blink and suddenly WASH will be leading the division the way this wacky NFL goes. 

I don't see how they get over the Brian Johnson hump and that really worries me. This team is too loyal to make significant changes like that mid season and while I can hope he improves going forward it's just really hard to believe that 6 weeks in. Dude is legitimately approaching press taylor level bad at playcalling.

2 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Other than Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? 

I'm not sure what this means but if you're asking how he played in the first half, he legitimately looked like his superbowl performance for much of it and I don't think that's an exaggeration. Oline was rough and he was navigating the pocket (which even at his best hasn't been his strong suit usually) extremely well and delivering great balls for much of the first half with pretty much no run game outside of his own impromptu scrambles.

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

I'm not sure what this means but if you're asking how he played in the first half, he legitimately looked like his superbowl performance for much of it and I don't think that's an exaggeration. Oline was rough and he was navigating the pocket (which even at his best hasn't been his strong suit usually) extremely well and delivering great balls for much of the first half with pretty much no run game outside of his own impromptu scrambles.

Yep.  He was playing great until he wasn’t.  Coaches didn’t help things much.  But Hurts shoulders a large portion of the blame.  Regardless of the mental gymnastics some try to do to defend him at all costs. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Yep.  He was playing great until he wasn’t.  Coaches didn’t help things much.  But Hurts shoulders a large portion of the blame.  Regardless of the mental gymnastics some try to do to defend him at all costs

Not sure if you're implying I'm doing that, because I'm not. Comparing his second half performance to 2020 wentz should be indicative of that.

I'm simply saying I'm not worried about him going forward, regardless of how **** he played in the second half.

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

It's solely on the offensive coordinator Johnson. Hurts absolutely carried us for most of that game.

Others blaming him is quite crazy. If you wanted to point fingers it's not on Hurts. He can't throw to himself or he probably would. Devonta had a couple crucial drops. Goedert with whatever that INT was sickening. The OL run blocking was disgusting. AJ dominated but that one bomb TD would've been a HUGE spark for everyone but still did awesome. 

The defense and Hurts are not the scapegoats. The Jets had like 20 yards in the 4th Quarter. Majority of that was us letting them score at the end. Yes hurts had one terrible INT but it literally happens to every single QB in history.

It's 1 game. It's not doomsday. The only thing that could doom us is Brian Johnson/Injuries

If Hurts carried us for most of the game, why were the Jets in a position to win at the end?

The Eagles should have been up 3 TD's against a Jets team missing their top 3 corners.