Do we see another NFL dynasty in the making like the Patriots or more parity?

Championshiporbust

I don't know what's better for the NFL, but for the most part (unless they were playing us) I've enjoyed seeing the Patriots dynasty in action. It's nice that I can count on at least one team in this league to be consistently excellent. No matter what goes wrong, Belichick and/or Brady always helps them pull through and have a great season.

That said, I'm glad they're not playing in our division. Or our conference, for that matter.

I'm not sure what other teams have both the playing and coaching talent to become future dynasties ... maybe the Rams? Great new coach, lots of hungry young players. They could become a real power in the NFC for sure.

28 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t really think 01-present is a dynasty. I think 01-04 was and they might be in the middle of another one right now. But I don’t think you can go a whole decade without winning a Super Bowl and call it a dynasty 

I agree with this. Just like I don't think the 49ers from 1981-1998 were really the same kind of dynasty. Or Dallas from 1966 to 1985. I think since Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck have been there the entire time, and quarterback and coach are probably the most iconic positions in football, there is this feeling that the Patriots have been running the same operation since 2001. 

6 minutes ago, Malik said:

Maybe the Seahawks will be able to get to a couple more.

I could see that. They need to start building the team more around Wilson though. Legion of Boom getting too old.

And I could see Deshaun Watson winning several cuz the kids a freakin God warrior 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

I agree with this. Just like I don't think the 49ers from 1981-1998 were really the same kind of dynasty. Or Dallas from 1966 to 1985. I think since Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck have been there the entire time, and quarterback and coach are probably the most iconic positions in football, there is this feeling that the Patriots have been running the same operation since 2001. 

In my opinion, the 49ers were a real dynasty from 1981-94. They won five titles in fourteen seasons (four, to me, is minimum for a real dynasty. And, the last one has to be within five years of the next to last).

The Pats from 2001-today are a soft dynasty. They have five SB titles, but their fourth was ten years after their third.

Yeah there is about no such thing as a dynasty in the NFL because a dynasty means you are at the top without losing control for a specified period. 3 straight championships is what I consider a real dynasty. 3 out of 4 could be an NFL dynasty for lack of a better term but it isn't a true dynasty if another team is crowned king in between reigns.

Patriots are an AFCE dynasty though.

First, let's establish this . . .

NE 2001 - Present:

Over the course of 17 seasons, Belichick has a regular season record of 206 -62 record (.768) and a postseason record of 25-9 (.735)

17 straight seasons w/ a winning record. (current. i.e. no losing record)

15 straight seasons w/ 10+ wins (current)

7 straight seasons w/ 12+ wins (current season pending)

5 total season w/ 14 or more wins.

14 postseason appearances (current season pending)

8 straight postseason appearances (current season pending)

7 Super Bowl Appearances

5 Super Bowl Championships

Undefeated regular season

Yes ladies & gentlemen, New England is a dynasty. And not only is New England a dynasty, but it's one that encompasses 17 seasons, making it the most dominant dynasty in the history of the NFL. Look at those numbers again. It's absolutely absurd what they've done in an era designed for parity w/ free agency and continual roster fluctuations. Every single year they are in contention for not only a postseason appearance, but are legitimate Super Bowl contenders as well.

And no, I don't think we'll ever see such dominance ever again that remotely equates to what we are seeing now from the Patriots and Bill Belichick. Maybe a handful of years by another franchise here and there, but no one will ever come close to dominating the NFL for almost 2 decades. It's extraordinary.

i think the belichick-brady era pats aren't just the greatest dynasty in nfl history but in sporting history

like sure the st george illawarra dragons won like twelve straight NSWRL championships in the sixties and around but we're in an era where everything in sport is geared to parity - salary caps and money talking - that prevent a true superteam from emerging in the nfl (and as just an aside, i really don't think you can consider a superteam like GSW the greatest ever even if they win fifteen straight due to competitive imbalance), and yet the new englanders have done unreasonably brilliant things outside the realm of us mere mortals 

7 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i think the belichick-brady era pats aren't just the greatest dynasty in nfl history but in sporting history

like sure the st george illawarra dragons won like twelve straight NSWRL championships in the sixties and around but we're in an era where everything in sport is geared to parity - salary caps and money talking - that prevent a true superteam from emerging in the nfl (and as just an aside, i really don't think you can consider a superteam like GSW the greatest ever even if they win fifteen straight due to competitive imbalance), and yet the new englanders have done unreasonably brilliant things outside the realm of us mere mortals 

Well...don't forget John Wooden. 10 championship in 12 years. Including 7 straight. Pretty remarkable with college kids coming and going. 

10 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Well...don't forget John Wooden. 10 championship in 12 years. Including 7 straight. Pretty remarkable with college kids coming and going. 

hadn't heard of him... just did a quick search and that's quite amazing

+1

Archived