Pick 5 Nobody Wanted

Nabbs4u

Before the season started these 5 players were on the vast majority of your guy's hit lists to either be cut or traded. Players not good enough to be on this team. Who were you most wrong about and who if not a Eagle for the 2017 season do you think would of effected the Teams overall W/L record the most?

I bring this up because one could argue each has been the most impactful player on the team from their position group. Most likely without their play "as a whole" this Team would be no where close to a possible NFCE Title or have 10 Wins right now!

LB Mychal Kendricks

OL Jason Kelce

DB Patrick Robinson

WR Nelson Agholor

RB Corey Clement

Most wrong about Corey Clement.

I won't lie all aboard the Pumphrey Train. The Supposed air apparent to Sproles. The Gadget player DTM could unleash on the NFL. So with Sproles, Blount, Smallwood and Pump, their was no room for Clement. No way we carry 5!

Thank God I was wrong. Clement even with the addition of Ajayi looks like the most explosive, the most Dangerous with the ball in his hands. The 3rd RB of a 220+LB recking ball Trio!

Most impactful Jason Kelce.

I was never on the cut/trade Kelce lynch mob. Didn't take his struggles from last season and run with it like the masses. He's proven yet again that he's one of the best OC in the NFL. Wentz raves about Kelce's intelligence and how they are both on the same page so he rarely has to change protections. 

That chemistry is underrated to a QB success. Especially with Young QB. We saw what Saturday did for Peyton, O'Hara for Eli, I'll assume (wasn't old enough) a Webster did for Bradshaw. The impact current players like Mack, Fredrick's and Unger can have with their current or former teams. Kelce is that player for Wentz. The glue that keeps this OL Dominate. Allows DTM to open up his playbook with his athletism. Thank God he's still a Eagle!!

With that said: Please help Kelce DBL team Aaron Donald!!

Most wrong Jason Kelce, I thought he was washed, a product of the AR/Chip screen game. He's gained some weight and has been arguably our best OL. 

Most impactful Patrick Robinson he's been in the slot and outside on an island. He's shown crazy ball skills, teams aren't targeting him for a reason. 

Uh. I really wanted to keep Mychal Kendricks. Agholor I knew he'd improve, but he has exceeded expectations though inconsistent. Most people liked Clement, I did not really, glad to be wrong on that one. I knew nothing of Patrick Robinson had no strong feelings either way. Jason Kelce, yes this is the biggest consensus one that we wanted gone and were oh so wrong about.

I was pretty optimistic pre-season. I thought Kelce would have a bounce-back year. Thought Clement deserved a roster spot.

I was dead wrong on Agholor. Thought he was a bust. I don't think I wanted him cut or traded though, just not starting.
I guess Kendricks? I thought he'd be traded, not that I wanted him gone.

I generally don't call for players to get cut or traded. I think continuity is good, even for struggling players. It's one of the 139,034,582 reasons why I hated Chip Kelly. I err on the side of the devil I know. I also operate under the understanding that all NFL teams have crappy players on the roster. That's what happens when you have 50+ players and a salary cap. I also don't care for cutting players for money reasons. I don't know why our fans worry about money with Howie at the helm.

11 hours ago, Phire said:

I don't know why our fans worry about money with Howie at the helm.

This was my main issues for those wanting Kelce gone. If Howie has proven anything it's that he can munipulate the cap in the best interest of the Philadelphia Eagles. 

Never understood any of the Seomalu should start, Wiz should start crap. Kelce reminds me a lot of what Jamal Jackson was for McNabb. Solid Vet, extremely underrated by the fan base, one of those players you don't know what you got until he's gone. 

I never for a second thought trading Kelce was a good idea, and the people wanting to dump him to start Seaumalo(or whatever his name is) were crazy. Kelce is playing really well, but in reality he will probably come back to earth at some point.

Agholor i was done with, he still is probably not worth the first round pick, but at least he is playing football well now.

I had disliked Agholor since the moment we drafted him. I even remember talking to ninja about it at the time. Pretty sure he was actually higher on Nelly than most, if my memory serves. I'm very glad I look wrong so far this year.

Hard to think of other players I hated on our team. I've always thought that we've had the talent on our team the last few years, just that we were underachieving and needed a QB.

Hell, I had been vocal about our defense and how I thought we would have a top 5 unit this year. 

I guess I was low on the trade-up to draft Carson. I thought we were making a mistake, drafting some ginger out of North Dakota that nobody had ever heard of before then. And honestly, a lot of it had to do with his ginger-ness. With QBs, the great ones especially, they always tend to have general "good looks". 

Uhhhh. Not sure who else. I thought Kelce might have been a candidate to be cut 2 years ago, because he was undersized and excelled in Reid's scheme only. But now I know that Kelce didn't look good in Chip's offense because it was the worst possible scheme for him and didn't utilize any of his strengths (which is so rare for Chip Kelly /sarcasm). 

On the flip side, a couple of the guys I remember being high on despite a lot of hate on them are Jenkins back when we signed him and Mills prior to this season. I mean, Mills has been far from a great corner. But I had constantly said that I thought he'd be, at the worst, a serviceable corner for us and I seem to be right there. He has been pretty good this year, and has turned into one of the best tackling corners in the league

Most wrong about Patrick Robinson.

Hard to say I was wrong about Agholor, because he does suck outside and I always said he should be in the slot, but I was wrong about him being flat out crap heading into the preseason.

I still think we should trade kendricks, but we obviously need to improve our depth first.

• 2 weeks later...

I think everyone thought Kendricks was a goner.  They made it seem so and everyone jumped on the train.  Although, I must say people still valued him.  There were a lot of "I'd trade him for a late 1" posts.  Duh.  That describes most of the roster.

Kelce was not as good as the previous year, but that just put him in the same boat as Kendricks.  If you get a steal for him .....

Robinson would have been a has-been had he ever been.  He is the latest bloomer ever.

Agholor was a turd.  He dropped everything except the stripper.  Even his teammate abandoned him.  That tells you that he was a child.  How he grew up, I'll never know.

Corey Clement was a favorite from pre-season game one.  He aint on this list.

I'll go with Agholor.  I didn't see it.  I watched a ton of PAC-12 games and found him great when he was wide open, but terrible in a pinch.  I still question his toughness.  However, I think he can overcome that with his ability.  He could be the next Harold Jackson.

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

I asked for sex for Christmas.  I got socks instead.  Maybe I was misheard.

Just because you ask .....

They were cool socks, though.  It was the next best thing.

My socks:  http://www.storenvy.com/products/21343262-this-meeting-is-bull****-mens-crew-sock-blue-q?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9eKIgJKn2AIVg7jACh04xARZEAQYASABEgJQ0vD_BwE

You should of put on One of the Socks , walked butt naked ,barefooted and all into the room and said Honey do you like My Sock? If Ms Dingo didn't get the hint by then about your Dango, replacement batteries for the hearing aids and new prescription glass are a must!

Archived