So...this Peyton Barber fella

kethnaab

Muscle Hamster

Peyton Barber

Martin did not look good at any time this season.  Barber did more and looked better this past week, but that's one week.  What is the feeling around Tampa concerning the RB situation? Martin is off concussion protocol, no?  Does he come back in a full role, or did Barber do enough to win the position and the lion's share of the touches?  

How is his pass pro, can he be trusted on 3rd down? 

Barber has essentially been our fourth RB all year. And I'm pretty sure it's only because he sucked at pass blocking. Koetter seems to value that more than anything else in his RBs. With Dougie back, I expect a RBBC approach. For whatever reason. Koetter's loyal to a fault. But there's a chance each guy gets a series or two and Koetter goes with the hot(ter) hand.

I'm pretty sure every Bucs fan wants Barber to start for the rest of the year. We'll see how it goes.

The RB situation is whatever. The OL has been a huge problem all year run blocking wise but Barber has managed to a better runner than Martin. The way the Bucs are set up as DK is the head coach, he will make sure Doug Martin gets his carries even after being outplayed by Barber. It really has to do with that contract were paying him more than anything.

1 hour ago, kethnaab said:

so essentially, Barber running substantially better than Martin is of essentially zero relevance, and unless Martin is out, he will be 'the guy'

almost kinda like the DeMarco Murray/Derrick Henry situation in Tennessee then?

Pretty much, yeah. Koetter has already named Dougie the starter this week.

3 hours ago, kethnaab said:

so essentially, Barber running substantially better than Martin is of essentially zero relevance, and unless Martin is out, he will be 'the guy'

almost kinda like the DeMarco Murray/Derrick Henry situation in Tennessee then?

It’s comical. That’s why he’ll be fired. There is no logic in what he is doing.

Archived