Practice Squad DE Hunter Dimick transitioning to FB

pwny

Just now, Tugboat said:

Not sure where it changed to semantics about a random practice squad guy potentially trying to transition to FB.

Semantics?

Literally all I did was list a FB that came straight to mind with a similar height after your comment.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Semantics?

Literally all I did was list a FB that came straight to mind with a similar height after your comment.

But why?  He's not built like Greg Jones, and he has done absolutely nothing to indicate he's on any sort of path to becoming a new Greg Jones at whatever height he is.

What's your point? 

My point is that he's not built like a good FB and he's got an even steeper uphill climb by virtue of being built unconventionally for the position and also having not played the spot developmentally.

What's your point?  He's kinda-sorta the same height-ish as Greg Jones?  So what???

Just now, Tugboat said:

But why?  He's not built like Greg Jones, and he has done absolutely nothing to indicate he's on any sort of path to becoming a new Greg Jones at whatever height he is.

What's your point? 

My point is that he's not built like a good FB and he's got an even steeper uphill climb by virtue of being built unconventionally for the position and also having not played the spot developmentally.

What's your point?  He's kinda-sorta the same height-ish as Greg Jones?  So what???

Hunter Dimick was working to become a DE. So of course he isn't going to have a natural build of a FB/RB while playing DE in college. I literally just gave you an example of a guy with a similar height because that's what you referenced. If you would have said build/if I thought that's what you were referencing, I obviously wouldn't have brought up a FB because obviously a guy working at DE isn't going to have the right build.

You brought up his height and wondered if being 6'2/6'3 is "too tall to be a FB", in which case he isn't. Doesn't mean his build is exactly that of a FB, but it also doesn't mean at his height he can't be a FB if he works on a diet to get lighter to be toned more like a FB would be.

Either way this has turned into something bigger than it should be. So hopefully Hunter Dimick figures this spot out and ends up being able to make it at the position.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Hunter Dimick was working to become a DE. So of course he isn't going to have a natural build of a FB/RB while playing DE in college. I literally just gave you an example of a guy with a similar height because that's what you referenced. If you would have said build/if I thought that's what you were referencing, I obviously wouldn't have brought up a FB because obviously a guy working at DE isn't going to have the right build.

You brought up his height and wondered if being 6'2/6'3 is "too tall to be a FB", in which case he isn't. Doesn't mean his build is exactly that of a FB, but it also doesn't mean at his height he can't be a FB if he works on a diet to get lighter to be toned more like a FB would be.

Either way this has turned into something bigger than it should be. So hopefully Hunter Dimick figures this spot out and ends up being able to make it at the position.

Personally if we are looking to replace our almost probowl fb id pick jaylen samuels from nc state whos a mismatch guy

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Personally if we are looking to replace our almost probowl fb id pick jaylen samuels from nc state whos a mismatch guy

Bo hasn't been bad but I don't think the guy has played THAT great. I think he's as high as he is pro bowl wise because there isn't exactly a ton of great options in the AFC nor is that a highlighted position and his name happens to be one of the first options on the ballot.

40 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Bo hasn't been bad but I don't think the guy has played THAT great. I think he's as high as he is pro bowl wise because there isn't exactly a ton of great options in the AFC nor is that a highlighted position and his name happens to be one of the first options on the ballot.

I kinda like hill from Michigan as well but Samuels to me would be a good mismatch piece.

Throwback Jaylen Samuels is NC State's do-it-all star http://espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/91668/throwback-jaylen-samuels-is-nc-states-do-it-all-star
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

On 12/8/2017 at 10:36 PM, iPwn said:

What happened in here?

Just comes in like a parent who left his two young kids alone in the house while they quickly ran to the store and were only gone 30 minutes, but now you've come home to a complete mess. 

Archived