Week 7: VIKINGS (2-4) vs 49ers (5-1)

swede700

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

When I saw him put out the tweet last night, he did have his neon Vikings sign on the pic, so you know he got sucked back in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Outside of the obvious players that played really well (Cousins, JA, O-Line, Bynum), I'm going to give my props to Brandon Powell.  I really didn't expect much from him this season, but he proved to be pretty valuable last night coming up clutch in some key spots.   

Keenan McCardell effect. 

• Like 3

What a game, what a win!!

The positives have been well documented in the thread. Two I haven't seen mentioned enough...

• 8 of 13 on 3rd downs (61.5%)
  • 34:56 TOP

A few negatives I want to point out.

• We had the opportunity to put this game away and struggled to punch the ball in from inside the 5 yard line 2x. One TD there makes a world of a difference. This needs to become a point of emphasis.
  • Joseph XP
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

What a game, what a win!!

The positives have been well documented in the thread. Two I haven't seen mentioned enough...

• 8 of 13 on 3rd downs (61.5%)
  • 34:56 TOP

A few negatives I want to point out.

• We had the opportunity to put this game away and struggled to punch the ball in from inside the 5 yard line 2x. One TD there makes a world of a difference. This needs to become a point of emphasis.
  • Joseph XP

Hard to produce inside the 5 if you can’t run the ball. I agree, this game shouldn’t have been so close. They need to capitalize on those opportunities.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

What was the Vikings stat shown on the ESPN broadcast? Something about 51-1 when leading by 8+ points heading into the 4th quarter since...

It was actually that they were 51-1 when simply leading entering the 4th quarter at home since 2012...now 52-1. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

That makes sense. No way we'd have an 8+ point lead heading into the 4Q 53x in 88ish opportunities.

Another interesting "stat" is that the 49ers have not won at Minnesota since my freshman year in college...1992. (Unfortunately or not, the Vikings will be visiting Santa Clara in 2024). 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1