State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

46 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

going to cavet that I was and am 100% on board w/ trading Malik. It was never gonna work out here

but man...if today wasn't an indictment on this organization as a whole, then IDK what will do. GB is a premier organization...a franchise that has been blessed w/ back-to-back HOF QB play, but along the way became a premier org w/ one of the best HC in the league. And they made Malik look 10000x better than he's ever looked in Tennessee after one month

it's getting hard to not be ashamed to be a die-hard fan of this team. I'm afraid to "stop caring" because then I'll never care much again. And I'll always care...this team is part of me. 

But my gosh. Somehow we "transition into the 21st century" with Carthon and Callahan and we're right back where we've always been.

Just a joke of a team. An absolute joke.

I really don't have an answer. But when is it truly time to pull the plug on a QB. 

I do think Levis has improved every game this year. Every game gets a little less dumb. 

He threw late to the flat and paid for it. But as they said on TV. At least he didn't do anything stupid. Lol 

The line did not favors. 

I'm getting less offended.  I'm kind of now at the point where I just enjoy watching good football. So seeing other games are kinda fun. 

Maybe one day we will be fun to watch. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I really don't have an answer. But when is it truly time to pull the plug on a QB. 

I do think Levis has improved every game this year. Every game gets a little less dumb. 

He threw late to the flat and paid for it. But as they said on TV. At least he didn't do anything stupid. Lol 

The line did not favors. 

I'm getting less offended.  I'm kind of now at the point where I just enjoy watching good football. So seeing other games are kinda fun. 

yeah..I'm not necessarily looking for an answer or anything

Just when it comes to Will Levis the QB..the Titans QB...I've seen enough. Is it fair/unfair? Maybe both. 

But similar to seeing Treylon Burks be a 0/0/0 more weeks than not, I'm done trying to convince myself that Levis figures it out. Maybe he will and all will be well. But I'm done tuning into games on Sunday expecting anything from Levis other than him doing more harm than good for this football team.

54 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

going to cavet that I was and am 100% on board w/ trading Malik. It was never gonna work out here

but man...if today wasn't an indictment on this organization as a whole, then IDK what will do. GB is a premier organization...a franchise that has been blessed w/ back-to-back HOF QB play, but along the way became a premier org w/ one of the best HC in the league. And they made Malik look 10000x better than he's ever looked in Tennessee after one month

it's getting hard to not be ashamed to be a die-hard fan of this team. I'm afraid to "stop caring" because then I'll never care much again. And I'll always care...this team is part of me. 

But my gosh. Somehow we "transition into the 21st century" with Carthon and Callahan and we're right back where we've always been.

Just a joke of a team. An absolute joke.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The line did not favors. 

I think at a certain point when the problems are the same problems they've always been, for decades, you have to look at ownership.

I never liked Bud. I honestly think the man was a piece of ****. lol. But his greed did ultimately bring the Titans here, so, I guess I can't be too hard on him there. But getting back on track, the one through-line through it all is ownership. They hire the people who make the decisions. The guys who hire the GM. Maybe they hire the scouts? Or is that the GM's job? Either way, I feel like we've had the same problems for decades. And the only people who are consistently in the building through it all are ownership.

2 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I think at a certain point when the problems are the same problems they've always been, for decades, you have to look at ownership.

I never liked Bud. I honestly think the man was a piece of ****. lol. But his greed did ultimately bring the Titans here, so, I guess I can't be too hard on him there. But getting back on track, the one through-line through it all is ownership. They hire the people who make the decisions. The guys who hire the GM. Maybe they hire the scouts? Or is that the GM's job? Either way, I feel like we've had the same problems for decades. And the only people who are consistently in the building through it all are ownership.

I think it comes more down to having a real QB and/or HC

Mike Brown was considered one of, if not the, worst owners in sports. Suddenly Burrow comes around and voila.

Rams were largely a joke of an org and Stan Kroenke one of the most hated men in STL. McVay/Stafford come along...viola (esp McVay)

I don't think much of AAS as an owner...I don't think firing JRob and/or Vrabel were necessarily wrong moves nor do I think hiring RC and Cally were wrong moves. We were suddenly competent and good when we had an objectively competent QB in Tannehill. Had nothing to do w/ AAS.

We don't have a QB. Our current one gives games away. We need to just keep lather/rinse/repeat until we find a real QB. It doesn't matter if you, me, Carthon, Callahan, Ozzie Newsome or Vince Lombardi are the GM/HC.

• Like 1

State of the Titans... Well, I think we are very close to Mettenberger (I mean Rudolph) season, and looking for a new franchise QB (good luck). I also think we fumbled the bag real hard on the coaching hire. Callahan doesn't look like the guy to me. Piss poor playcalling too much of the time on offense, and he seems to lack the awareness of what kind of football team we should be with the players we have. We're getting destroyed off the edge almost every single snap, but I never see a RB or TE in to chip the edge and help out. It's just hilarious to me that we have so many TE's active on gameday, and the one drive that looked excellent we were scripting plays to them, then we just totally abandoned it for the rest of the game.

Edited by Mesa_Titan

38 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think it comes more down to having a real QB and/or HC

Mike Brown was considered one of, if not the, worst owners in sports. Suddenly Burrow comes around and voila.

Rams were largely a joke of an org and Stan Kroenke one of the most hated men in STL. McVay/Stafford come along...viola (esp McVay)

I don't think much of AAS as an owner...I don't think firing JRob and/or Vrabel were necessarily wrong moves nor do I think hiring RC and Cally were wrong moves. We were suddenly competent and good when we had an objectively competent QB in Tannehill. Had nothing to do w/ AAS.

We don't have a QB. Our current one gives games away. We need to just keep lather/rinse/repeat until we find a real QB. It doesn't matter if you, me, Carthon, Callahan, Ozzie Newsome or Vince Lombardi are the GM/HC.

I hear what you're saying. To me it's just . . . every time we have a legit window to finally make it, it's never enough.

I get that the NFL works in cycles. Dynasties like the Patriots and Chiefs are really rare. But it feels like, with us, when we're at our worst and in line to get that game-changing guy we just never, ever get it right. And obviously we're not the only ones.

But if we could peek into the future and say we draft a QB this year or even next year, would you really be confident that this team would put the right people together to turn it around? I can't say I would be.

I feel like if we drafted Arch, we'd be the franchise that ruined a Manning. And people would hate us so much for it lol.

That's not to say we're the worst franchise in the league or anything. I think we're better than the Jaguars. I generally think we're better as an organization than teams like the Cardinals or Raiders, at least in the last 20 years. I may get pushback on this, but I actually don't think we're better than the Texans. Maybe you could knock the Colts for only getting one Super Bowl with Peyton? Would we have won a Super Bowl with Peyton?

I don't know man, I just imagine all these other Quarterbacks on our team and I think, "we'd definitely ruin him." lmao. It just feels like it's in our DNA.

Edited by Kookie23

6 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I hear what you're saying. To me it's just . . . every time we have a legit window to finally make it, it's never enough.

I get that the NFL works in cycles. Dynasties like the Patriots and Chiefs are really rare. But it feels like, with us, when we're at our worst and in line to get that game-changing guy we just never, ever get it right. And obviously we're not the only ones.

But if we could peek into the future and say we draft a QB this year or even next year, would you really be confident that this team would put the right people together to turn it around? I can't say I would be.

I feel like if we drafted Arch, we'd be the franchise that ruined a Manning. And people would hate us so much for it lol.

That's not to say we're the worst franchise in the league or anything. I think we're better than the Jaguars. I generally think we're better as an organization than teams like the Cardinals or Raiders, at least in the last 20 years. I may get pushback on this, but I actually don't think we're better than the Texans. Maybe you could knock the Colts for only getting one Super Bowl with Peyton? Would we have won a Super Bowl with Peyton?

I don't know man, I just imagine all these other Quarterbacks on our team and I think, "we'd definitely ruin him." lmao. It just feels like it's in our DNA.

I feel confident in saying Mahomes wouldn't be who he is  if he was here. 

• Like 2

I agree w/ the idea that a QB needs the right team/coach/etc to reach their potential. I think the argument gets way overblown, but I agree with the sentiment.

Mahomes and Reid are a perfect match. 1000%

But just looking at things objectively. OL isn't playing well, sure. But I wouldn't call the 10 guys and coaching staff surrounding Levis inept. Not even close. This isn't Mariota's year 1 surrounding cast.

But our quarterback and his decision making are costing us games.

It's not even a matter of "are we doing enough for Levis so he can reach his highest potential" for me right now. It's "is Levis keeping this team from reaching its highest potential" (and that potential isn't even very high).

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I agree w/ the idea that a QB needs the right team/coach/etc to reach their potential. I think the argument gets way overblown, but I agree with the sentiment.

Mahomes and Reid are a perfect match. 1000%

But just looking at things objectively. OL isn't playing well, sure. But I wouldn't call the 10 guys and coaching staff surrounding Levis inept. Not even close. This isn't Mariota's year 1 surrounding cast.

But our quarterback and his decision making are costing us games.

It's not even a matter of "are we doing enough for Levis so he can reach his highest potential" for me right now. It's "is Levis keeping this team from reaching its highest potential" (and that potential isn't even very high).

Part of me wants to overreact and say, "Actually, I'm getting Whizenhunt vibes" but I don't think we're that lousy. 

yet

15 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

To me, it will always start and end with the offensive line. It is the heart of a team and can bandaid a lot of wounds. You can’t do nada if that doesn’t work. I can watch a team with problems, but I am dead tired of watching this franchise have 0 answers at the offensive line. Figure that **** out.

Last year, we said we couldn't evaluate Levis behind a bad line. 
Crazy enough, this line is performing worst than last year's line. 

We draft another QB and put them behind this type of line, we will still be in the same boat. 
This line must get fixed. We can't put any QB behind this line and expect consistent success.  
Skron wasn't great. Cush had some bad plays. The RT was straight obliterated yesterday. 

Great point was brought up on radio. DB's are sitting on routes because they know the offensive line can't hold up.  Alexander sat on the route and jumped it. Hopkins could have come back a little, but Alexander was able to look at Levis. He telegraphed it.  The quick drop and the ball was coming out to overcome the bad blocking. Alexander being a pro-bowler was able to capitalize. 

• Like 2

Two top 11 picks, a highly priced, coveted FA center, a second round pick and a third round pick. Coached by one of the two or three greatest OL coaches in my lifetime. If we can’t find a way to have a functional line this time next year without sinking more serious resources into it, it might be time to just give up.

• Like 2