Week 14: Seattle Seahawks vs Jacksonville Jaguars

showtime

ewfzTXB.jpg

Here we go, another huge game.  Hopefully the Seahawks are focused and ready to play after the huge victory over the Eagles.  The Jaguars have the best defense in football, so it may be extremely tough to move the football against them.  Great defensive line going up against this poor offensive line is very concerning; however, Russell Wilson has been making plays all season.  The Jaguars are really going to have to play extremely disciplined and keep Wilson in check when he improvises as he usually does. 

It's such a key for the Seahawks to get a lead early or keep the game really close.  You have to force Blake Bortles to throw the football because he's a bad QB.  If the Jags can jump out to an early lead, that allows them to throw the ball less and their defense is so great that when they play with a lead they win a lot, so it's just a huge snowball effect.

This might be one of those games where the defense has to make plays.  Force turnovers and either score/put the offense in position to score.  I can see the Seahawks offense really struggling this game.  Jimmy Graham has been getting move involved in the offense and he might be a huge key in this game.

Key matchups:

Russell Wilson leads the league in passer rating vs tight windows. Jags pass defense holds the league's best passer rating when defending passes into tight windows.

Seahawks pass blocking efficiency is top 10 after the Duane Brown trade per PFF and just came from the best performance you could ask them to have vs the defensive line leader in pressures forced, the Eagles. Jags defensive line leads the league in sacks.

Keys to win the game:

Create tons of 3 and outs from Jags offense. Wagner vs Fournette is key.

Eat time of possession with short passes and Russell Wilson's scrambling, not by running. Seahawks' 5WR, empty sets have been successful at that. Tons of JD McKissic and Graham split wide.

Contain penalties. 

Keep the scoreboard low.

Give a gassed Jags defense for Wilson to work in the 4th quarter.

6 minutes ago, brazilianguy said:

Key matchups:

Russell Wilson leads the league in passer rating vs tight windows. Jags pass defense holds the league's best passer rating when defending passes into tight windows.

Seahawks pass blocking efficiency is top 10 after the Duane Brown trade per PFF and just came from the best performance you could ask them to have vs the defensive line leader in pressures forced, the Eagles. Jags defensive line leads the league in sacks.

Keys to win the game:

Create tons of 3 and outs from Jags offense. Wagner vs Fournette is key.

Eat time of possession with short passes and Russell Wilson's scrambling, not by running. Seahawks' 5WR, empty sets have been successful at that. Tons of JD McKissic and Graham split wide.

Contain penalties. 

Keep the scoreboard low.

Give a gassed Jags defense for Wilson to work in the 4th quarter.

Great information!  How do you see the Seahawks receiving core matching up against the Jaguars great secondary?  Richardson and Baldwin have had their moments this season making some big plays in the passing game, but obviously that's going to be very difficult to do against arguably the best CB tandem in pro football.  Jimmy Graham could be huge.

I also like your ideas, especially the five WR sets.  Wagner vs Fournette should be great to watch.  Wagner is playing at such a high level right now.

22 minutes ago, showtime said:

Great information!  How do you see the Seahawks receiving core matching up against the Jaguars great secondary?  Richardson and Baldwin have had their moments this season making some big plays in the passing game, but obviously that's going to be very difficult to do against arguably the best CB tandem in pro football.  Jimmy Graham could be huge.

I also like your ideas, especially the five WR sets.  Wagner vs Fournette should be great to watch.  Wagner is playing at such a high level right now.

The Jags secondary has an edge if Ramsey and Bouye are healthy. BUUUT they've had limited participation in practice this week which is great news. and there's the Wilson to Graham connection in the redzone that nobody in the league showed an appropriate answer yeat. The Seahawks should be more focused in shutting Jaguars' offense, have field position advantage, protecting the ball and getting to Graham in the redzone when we have the opportinity, than trying to find favorable matchups WR vs CB.

Ramsey has an immense athletic edge over Baldwin. He's gonna play to that edge for sure. Richardson could be a strong WR option if he sees Bouye 1 on 1.

A thing to watch in the game is how often Graham will drag Telvin Smith out of the box, and how aggressive they are going to be with their edges. Calais Campbell can't run behind Wilson, so if he doesn't play contain a lot, Russell Wilson could have tons of space to scramble and/or run. Which is also a reason for Bevell to go with empty sets, than zone read/read option often.

This is gonna be a tough and ugly game. Carroll and Russ have consistently thrived in those games throughout the year.

That's our best hopes.

Tough game to win but simple strategy on D and continued strategy on O.

D? This keep everything in front of "us" is getting old as we should have more than 10 picks with the D talent we possess. We need way more of ET's jump the Watson throw to Hopkins route for a TD. As mentioned, ET was out of pass position too often vs Philly. This is the week that Wags needs to jump a route and stop dropping into deep zone. For some reason, I see McDougald making a big play. Maybe a tipped pass and interception.

To win, our D needs to create 3 turnovers & 10 pts off the turnovers.

O? Same ol, Same ol. What do you do vs an aggressive D? Chip block with Mike Davis on Yannick and sneak out into the flat for a screen. Pull out the old Dave Krieg to JL Williams tape.  Davis brings that physicality and back receiver we need to show up. My boy, JD, needs to line up in the slot and find him on a LB again. i.e. Philly.  Take our shots downfield with play action but let's look down the seam. Graham needs to be huge. Quick throws but let's not get in love with WR bubbles.

3 turnovers & 10 points from the D with 9 points from the O. Blair is big here. Pressure Bortles into mistakes limiting them to 13 points. We just have to be more aggressive from the back 7. Jump routes!!!  McDougald will play more in the box, but i see him creating a big turnover. We have a decided advantage at QB and while we're in their house against the ferocious sacksonville D, we can pull this out in a slugfest because we have RW and they have Bortles.

Simple play design with flawless execution and we can come home 9-4. The 4:25 et start time is monstrous. 

Hey guys, I know you are a smaller forum and don’t get a lot of discussion on game day in here. So I thought I’d extend an offer for you to come to the Jaguars forum and discuss the game.

We’re also a smaller forum, but we’re close knit and have been getting about 30-50 pages per GDT, so there will be plenty of opportunity to discuss thing. Plus it would be nice for us to see things from the other team’s perspective. Promise we won’t be hostile or anything towards you coming in; though I can’t promise it won’t become a depressing mess when you guys jump out to a big lead.

Hope to see you over there!

23 hours ago, brazilianguy said:

there's the Wilson to Graham connection in the redzone that nobody in the league showed an appropriate answer yeat

I’m like 95% sure Telvin Smith can cover Graham and make him a non-factor. Problem is - it looks like Telvin is going to be out, as he’s still in concussion protocol. With Telvin likely out, our only athletic and competent LB on the roster is Myles Jack. Jack is also really good and can probably take on that role p well, but at that point, we’ll have no one who can step up and stop Wilson from running free every play if he wants. We’re going to have to choose between covering Graham and spying Wilson. I’m sure we’re getting a heavy dose of offensive production by you guys from whatever one we decide not to have Jack do. Should be REAL FRUSTRATING for us Jags fans.

The season is over. Russell gives us hope, but it's impossible to beat elite defenses with no shade of a running game. When Mike Davis got something going there you could see the relieve in Russell's face by not having to make 50 throws on that secondary. The defense was already banged up and now Wagner and Wright. Season over guys.

There are two obvious priorities in this offseason: rebuild the running game and rejuvenate the defense.

1. 'What the F was Baldwin doing going out of bounds with 2:29 left? He EASILY could've dove for a 1st down. Instead it's 3rd and 1, RW gets sacked. Ridiculous!

2. Earl Thomas is so disappointing. We tie it 10-10 and Bortles then goes deep for a 75 yd TD??? C'mon Earl, you were out of position again. Remember the lousy play vs PHilly. KJ Wright is covering a WR and you don't have the instincts to support that side of the field? Sickening. You're the CF!

I'm not going to mention walsh, who should've been axed after the Skin game. He has NO NO NO leg. His kickoffs are short. His FG's barely clear from 45+.

3 games left, so lets sweep and win the division. When  you can jack their D for 24, you have to win. RW is flat out a baller. 

What else makes me sick?  I documented that we needed to keep Alex Collins, but no... Now he's an absolute stud for Baltimore. Great vision. hits the whole with power and enough burst to get 1st downs. Not to mention catching balls in the backfield. Wtf was Pete thinking? I saw it... Why not them? yet, we keep both Lacy, Rawls and a china doll in Prosise. How does any of this make sense. More sickness.

23 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2 things: I do think you guys got screwed with the no call PI towards the end but WTH was the defender thinking going after Linder's leg. You could have 2 guys get suspended for the last 40 seconds.

True that was pretty classless of Bennett altho i can't really fault Jefferson for losing his cool with the fans i probably would of reacted the same way.

Archived