Ramczyk and Barnes to compete at LT, Peat stays at LG

Dome

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/07/saints_left_tackle_replacement.html#incart_river_index

The New Orleans Saints will enter training camp with an open competition for their starting left tackle job.

For now, Payton said the team wants to keep Andrus Peat at left guard. Peat filled in for Armstead at times in 2016, but the Saints want Peat to continue focusing on left guard, which the coaches hope will be his long-term position. 

4 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I think that's the right move. I want as much continuity on the line as possible, Peat is settled in at LG there's no reason to move him.

Peat has been a disappointment in the grand scheme of things when you consider the fact that he was drafted to be a tackle... however, not all top picks work out and he's shown the ability to develop into a quality LG so a bust he is not. 

I like the the idea of leaving Peat alone and allowing him to settle in at his position but one of the perks to Peat is his ability to be a adequate LT when needed. I think Ram playing LT will justify his selection and only give him valuable game reps before he eventually kicks over and takes the RT job full time in 2018.

19 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Peat is settled in at LG there's no reason to move him.

15 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I like the the idea of leaving Peat alone and allowing him to settle in at his position 

Absolutely this! I really think Peat has the ability to be solid, but having to sub in at LT every time Armstead goes down is very unfair to him. Let the man settle in and have some continuity.

Archived