Playoff Expectations

Heimdallr

PLayoff Expectations  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What would you consider a successful playoff run?

• Super Bowl Win
    • Conference Championship Win
    • Divisional Round Win
    • Just happy we made it!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2017 at 11:03 PM

Now that we are a near lock to win  the division and make the playoffs, what would you consider a successful post-season?

At the beginning of the season I think most of us would have been ecstatic with just a division title, but now things have changed quite a bit.

My goal is just to win the conference title. I think we are the best team in the NFC and should be able to get the two playoff wins to get to the Super Bowl, but beating (most likely) New England is a completely different animal. That team has SO much SB experience, and we have zero.

A loss in the Super Bowl would be disappointing, but an NFC crown would still be a tremendous season.

Losing to another NFC team in the playoffs would be disappointing, especially at home.

As someone who lived and cried through four Super Bowl losses...it's damn past time this team won it all!  I am unsatisfied with anything else being considered a success...especially losing a Super Bowl!  It really and truly sucks!

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

As someone who lived and cried through four Super Bowl losses...it's damn past time this team won it all!  I am unsatisfied with anything else being considered a success...especially losing a Super Bowl!  It really and truly sucks!

Agreed, but I would like to at least see them play in a Super Bowl, even if it's to lose a 5th one.  I was a toddler the last time they played in one.  I'm tired of the NFC Championship Game losses, since I've seen 4 of those.  

11 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Here's how I evaluate it:

Divisional Round loss - Failure

NFC Championship Game loss - Meets expectations

SB appearance (win or loss) - Success

I would agree with this mostly..... however when your the home team in the SuperBowl, not winning it can't fully be in the success category (to me at least).

Anything less then a Superbowl win would be failure.   We need this monkey off of our back.   Too me, there is no moral victory finishing in 2nd place.    (I hate even talking about it because it brings up so much disappointment,  It's one of those words we don't bring up around the household)  

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

in before Mora playoff video and stale jokes...

To be fair, Mora had a right, considering  the Colts were 2 games under .500 when he went on that tirade.  It was a nonsensical question from the reporter.  We can talk about playoffs, since it's a 99.9% probability that they'll be participating in them.  :P

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I would agree with this mostly..... however when your the home team in the SuperBowl, not winning it can't fully be in the success category (to me at least).

Fair.  But, I did tell a co-worker at the beginning of the season (he is a Chiefs' fan, but was really positive on the Vikings at the beginning of the season) that there would be nothing more Vikings-like to lose the SB on their home field.  ;)

11 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Fair.  But, I did tell a co-worker at the beginning of the season (he is a Chiefs' fan, but was really positive on the Vikings at the beginning of the season) that there would be nothing more Vikings-like to lose the SB on their home field.  ;)

The beginning of the season, I though we had a team to challenge GB in the NFCCG (if both teams collided there)... and success was not having the GB hoisting the Lombardi at US Bank.

Archived