Playoff Expectations

Heimdallr

PLayoff Expectations  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What would you consider a successful playoff run?

• Super Bowl Win
    • Conference Championship Win
    • Divisional Round Win
    • Just happy we made it!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2017 at 11:03 PM

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We’re at that point of the season where it either will end in euphoria or headbreak. Nothing in between. 

I guess headbreak is appropriate as the next level of disappointment and despair.  I've already had my heart broken by this team so many times...it's the heads turn.

This team looks like the best team in the NFC, not just a division winner. In 2015, we won the division and were hoping to get on a good run. We were a good football team on the rise, but we looked like there was more work to be done. 

This year, the team has a different feel to it. Being arguably the best team in the NFC means that a simple trip to the playoffs, or a win isn’t enough. 

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

A thought just came to mind....

If we win our first Super Bowl in our home building, how many non-Vikings fans will try to tell us it doesn't carry the same weight as if it was on a neutral field?

I wouldn't care a single bit. A win is a win.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

If we win our first Super Bowl in our home building, how many non-Vikings fans will try to tell us it doesn't carry the same weight as if it was on a neutral field?

and we would care because...?

43 minutes ago, Klomp said:

On the hand if they don't win "haha they couldn't even win the super bowl in their own stadium" I'd like that less

I'm telling you guys, invest. Invest as much emotion as you can in this team. This is the best team in football and I really don't think it's close. This defense is unbelievable. I tell you to invest everything, because this is the best chance in 26 years. 

It really isn't fun for me to write that ?, but there are a lot of fans my age that have never had great sports moments, so I have to feel good for my friends.

12 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I'm telling you guys, invest. Invest as much emotion as you can in this team. This is the best team in football and I really don't think it's close. This defense is unbelievable. I tell you to invest everything, because this is the best chance in 26 years. 

It really isn't fun for me to write that ?, but there are a lot of fans my age that have never had great sports moments, so I have to feel good for my friends.

I feel like you are trying to build us up for a let down. 

But thanks

27 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I feel like you are trying to build us up for a let down. 

But thanks

I get your logic, but I really believe that this is the best team I've seen all year. I just have seen a few of my friends being sceptical about the playoffs. I just think if it's best if you put everything you can into this team, I truly believe you are in for a special ride. And since I'm a fan of every other team in this state outside of the Vikings, I know how easy it is to be skeptical but trust me on this one!

From where I was after I first found out Case was starting, to where I am now... making the playoffs is a success.

Now I am honestly greedy, I would be upset if we didn't win the NFC.

A Superbowl loss would hurt, but jeepers, we are on our 3rd string QB, #1 RB went down, a very good DT may be down for his career, and 5 new starters on the offensive line that were 2 outcast tackles their original team didn't want, an un-known LG/C, Rookie C, journeyman RG that has played all over the line.

Honestly after the Pittsburgh game, if you told me all of this, I would never of expected anything about going 10-2 on the year.

How many other teams could do this? Not many teams can even handle a single back-up QB.

Archived