Would you collude in this scenario?

Forge

3 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Would you complain it they decided to make it a tie? If so, how do you think the commissioner will handle it?

Honestly? I don't think that I would. I think I slant far too much in the "kudos" department for them taking the time to actually figure this out (I get a little obsessed with the league, I will admit - they are far more recreational, and I'm a little more hardcore, so I'd be very surprised if they took the time to go through this...they may not even know the standings at this point lol), and having the trust in one another to do it, and putting themselves out on a limb and exploiting the system. I think the commish would be pretty laid back about it, honestly. He's one of my best friends, and we have a weird tendency to think alike. I feel like we'd both feel like it was no doubt "shady", but at the same time, be appreciative of the strategy lol

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Honestly? I don't think that I would. I think I slant far too much in the "kudos" department for them taking the time to actually figure this out (I get a little obsessed with the league, I will admit - they are far more recreational, and I'm a little more hardcore, so I'd be very surprised if they took the time to go through this...they may not even know the standings at this point lol), and having the trust in one another to do it, and putting themselves out on a limb and exploiting the system. I think the commish would be pretty laid back about it, honestly. He's one of my best friends, and we have a weird tendency to think alike. I feel like we'd both feel like it was no doubt "shady", but at the same time, be appreciative of the strategy lol

Well, keep us posted man. Good Luck!

Also, if you could please help me out with my lineup this week, then that'd be greatly appreciated.

Who do I start in a 0.5 PPR, big play, big bonus league?

2 WRs

2 RBs

1 Flex

Here's my team:

WRs: Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Robby Anderson, Sterling Shepard, Robert Woods

RBs: Gio Bernard, Dion Lewis, Jordan Howard, Alex Collins, Crowell

Right now I got this

WRs: Thomas and Landry

RBs: Bernard and Lewis

FLEX: Howard

Lemme know how you think I should set my lineup. Thanks.

That looks about right to me. I'm not all that comfortable with Howard - I had been sitting him for most of the week for Josh Gordon, but only recently decided to put him back in as my flex guy. But I'm not feeling good about it, quite honestly. That chicago offense has been trending poorly for the most part. I don't love Landry either, but I can't justify sitting him for Anderson with the latter's matchup, and you can't trust Shep at this point to make it through the game. Woods is banged up too. In an ideal scenario, I'd actually take all three of those guys over Landry, but at least Landry is going to get you something. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

That looks about right to me. I'm not all that comfortable with Howard - I had been sitting him for most of the week for Josh Gordon, but only recently decided to put him back in as my flex guy. But I'm not feeling good about it, quite honestly. That chicago offense has been trending poorly for the most part. I don't love Landry either, but I can't justify sitting him for Anderson with the latter's matchup, and you can't trust Shep at this point to make it through the game. Woods is banged up too. In an ideal scenario, I'd actually take all three of those guys over Landry, but at least Landry is going to get you something. 

Alex Collins did well against the Steelers the first time around, and now they don't have Shazier. Should I try that?

Colluding...for me, is a big no no. Now, if the two owners realize something advantageous? And they act on it separately? I'd be OK with it. But as soon as one team reaches out to the other to create the advantage? I would be against it.

For example:

Team A was hurt most of season, but got their players healthy and is now streamrolling through the league.

B is already in the playoffs and have match up vs C. If C wins, he's in and A is out. If B decides to tank that lineup, I would have no problem with it.

But if I find out that C reaches out to B to put that idea in their head that "hey if you let me win, A is done!"

To me, that's a no-no.

Archived