Angels Will Sign Shohei Ohtani

ramssuperbowl99

On 12/9/2017 at 10:48 AM, marshawn lynch said:

Ehhh Yu Darvish wasn't the best prospectto come out of Japan tho. I'd say that honor goes to Matsuzaka or Matsui. Matsui was decent but both them failed to live up to the hype. Ohtani is younger and more versatile but I don't think he is the best prospect to come out... And to early to call him a top 10 pitcher after watching Dice K who in my opinion was the best Japanese prospect ever to come here and struggle

Unfair to say Matsui failed to live up to expectations tbh.  He was a legit middle of the order bat for almost a decade into his late 30s.  

Dice K was overrated.  5 foot something guy who threw like 92.  

21 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Are we talking at draft age? Because I think you could argue a few other dudes. Strasburg and Josh Hamilton have a case.

Strasburg and Hamilton were before Harper tbf.  But yes.  Strasburg was better pitching prospect imo, although the two way probably puts O-man over the top.

Just now, mission27 said:

Strasburg and Hamilton were before Harper tbf.  But yes.  Strasburg was better pitching prospect imo, although the two way probably puts O-man over the top.

Yeah I think he's definitely the best draft prospect since Harper, but then there's the second part of the statement "or since A-Rod" where there's a little more room for discussion. 

Strasburg, Hamilton, Prior, David Price, and probably a few guys I'm forgetting. Ohtani is in that class for sure though.

52 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

So Peter Gammons said that Ohtani was blown away by Theo and his pitch, and would have signed with the Cubs very quickly if they had the DH.  But they don't.  So he didn't.  **** everything.

The Giants also said something to the affect that he was very uncomfortable with the prospect of playing the outfield. I'm not sure why he included any NL teams in his list if this is the case. 

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

So Peter Gammons said that Ohtani was blown away by Theo and his pitch, and would have signed with the Cubs very quickly if they had the DH.  But they don't.  So he didn't.  **** everything.

Sucks, but this gives me confidence that Theo will sell Harper on signing with the North Siders. 

3 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Sucks, but this gives me confidence that Theo will sell Harper on signing with the North Siders. 

The $$$$$$$$$ being shelled out won't make it difficult either.  Cubs may be the only team with an opening at a COF spot, lots of money to spend, and a legit contending team.  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived