Week 14 GDT Patriots vs Dolphins Part 2: Revenge of the Phish

Deadpulse

Patriots at Dolphins  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who fares better against the Patriot D?

• Matt Moore (23/34 215 yards 1/2 TD/INT)
    • Jay Cutler (20/30 227 yards 3/1 TD/INT with Bears in 2014)
    • Wash
  2. 2. How does the offense fare without Gronk but with Hogan?

• Better with Hogan returning
    • Worse, Hogan can't replace Gronk
    • Same, Hogan cancels out Gronk's absence
    • Better, Hollister finally blossoms into the stud of my dreams
  3. 3. Can the Patriots Sweep the Phins?

• Yes, the Dolphins are no match for the Patriots in 2017
    • No, Miami takes their home game where the Pats tend to struggle
    • No, Miami is good enough to split

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

The offense should be fine without Gronk, I think. Hogan, Cooks et al. are still an elite and versatile skill-position group.

I think the Pats make a statement on prime time, something like 36-10.

Were the only two respondents so far and we appear to agree 100%. 

I am cautiously optimistic. Allen has been earning some more trust recently. We'll lose a bit in the TE front but the ability to go three wideouts and get some big Hogan plays will be intriguing. 

I think the Offense will stall a little bit in the red zone, but overall put on a good showing (around 28 points), with the defense doing its job against a lackluster offense (14-17 points).

Playing away at a division opponent, always need to be prepared for a tough game.

South Beach being our kryptonite is no joke. We've lost there 8 times in the Brady/Belichick era and those meetings featured some pretty big humiliations: the Night Courage Wore Orange (2004), the last time Brady was shut out (2006), blowing HFA (2015). Factoring in Hogan being limited all week, no Gronk, Cannon/Van Noy/Wise all looking to miss this game, well...

Image result for i've a bad feeling about this gif

Edited by everlong
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, everlong said:

South Beach being our kryptonite is no joke. We've lost there 8 times in the Brady/Belichick era and those meetings featured some pretty big humiliations: the Night Courage Wore Orange (2004), the last time Brady was shut out (2006), blowing HFA (2015). Factoring in Hogan being limited all week, no Gronk, Cannon/Van Noy/Wise all looking to miss this game, well...

Image result for i've a bad feeling about this gif

On the plus side though....you always got a feeling about the Pats ;)

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

Lots of guys banged up.

Reiss:

The following 11 Patriots were limited in practice and are listed as questionable for Monday's game: LB Marquis Flowers (knee), DE Deatrich Wise Jr. (foot), DE Trey Flowers (ribs), CB Stephon Gilmore (ankle), WR Chris Hogan (shoulder), LB Brandon King (hamstring), CB Eric Rowe (hamstring), ST Matthew Slater (hamstring), OT LaAdrian Waddle (ankle), RB Dion Lewis (illness), RB Mike Gillislee (illness).

And another note, does anyone know what Andrews' illness was?  I assumed it was just a cold but wasn't he out for like three weeks?

If it was stomach flu, it's possible he lost some weight quite quickly and had to spend a few weeks getting back in shape.

• Like 1

Well, in no way do I feat Miami's talent at all. I think they are a pretty bad team. But I do fear their incessant quest of killing Brady. I would prefer to really hammer the run game in this one and get out with a 2 point win or something. No messing around here, just get out alive with a W. The only thing on offense that can hurt us is their YAC ability, which was shut down last time. Let's do that again.