Kenny Britt cut!

sdrawkcab321

Just now, DawgX said:

It's pretty amazing that he was cut while players like Louis and Higgins are still on the roster.

I think it was Sachi's own bias to his moves, Kenny should of been cut early and never signed. Ricardo is not a WR and Higgins is too weak to be in the NFL. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I think it was Sachi's own bias to his moves, Kenny should of been cut early and never signed. Ricardo is not a WR and Higgins is too weak to be in the NFL. 

Yup. While I think Sashi did an admiral job for the most part, I think he was disastrous when it came to the WR position. Coleman was the only WR he brought in that's worth a damn.

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yup. While I think Sashi did an admiral job for the most part, I think he was disastrous when it came to the WR position. Coleman was the only WR he brought in that's worth a damn.

Our WR's could have been Taylor Gabreil, Corey Coleman, Josh Gordon, Tyreek Hill and Terrelle Pryor if we had a better strategy. 

that would of been pretty decent and would of worked well for Hue offense as they can all attack deep. 

According to Kenny Britt’s contract there was $10.5 million in dead cap space for cutting him this year and only $4.875 million in dead cap space for cutting him next year.  It may have made more sense to wait and cut him next year, but since he played the majority of the year I wonder how much dead cap space there is for cutting him this year?

Another note for his contract was that his $10.5 million 2017 salary was fully guaranteed at signing.

10 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

According to Kenny Britt’s contract there was $10.5 million in dead cap space for cutting him this year and only $4.875 million in dead cap space for cutting him next year.  It may have made more sense to wait and cut him next year, but since he played the majority of the year I wonder how much dead cap space there is for cutting him this year?

Another note for his contract was that his $10.5 million 2017 salary was fully guaranteed at signing.

Perhaps, but the dead space should be a nonissue as I'm sure we won't be spending enough to get anywhere near the cap.

8 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Actually wouldn't it make more sense to cut him this year? Yes 10.5 million cap hit is worse than 4.875 but we have way more than 10.5 million in cap space this year and now I believe the entire 10.5 cap hit goes on the books for this season. So basically we just paid Kenny Britt super star money for 12 games, but who cares it is not our money. The important thing is it doesn't affect out cap space for next year when we need it most.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Perhaps, but the dead space should be a nonissue as I'm sure we won't be spending enough to get anywhere near the cap.

I mean it’s not a huge issue since the Browns have so much cap space, but I was thinking more in terms of their “carryover” cap for next year.

Archived